Register Forums DollyVerse *NSFW* A huge difference and a sight for sore eyes

10 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Anonymous 5 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

(NOTE: Certain names have been changed to protect the integrity of other places. Please, no dissing of other fora, including the “big one” that’s been around since 2001, Tiffany — @ki5jyd — Dollsbook admin)

@daphnetilbrook and I were talking after she pleaded that I get on this site… I was hesitant at first to sign up, because of the obsolete software [the other board] uses, but my mind was instantly changed when I came here. My response was at first…

“Holy shit, sis! This place is ASTRONOMICALLY better than that ‘other board’! I didn’t want to sign up for another ‘doll forum’, but tell Alexa and RainKing that you, Alexa, Eva and RainKing did a SUPERB JOB!”

I then continued…

“Daph, the site is really something different. The outdated version of phpBB that other board uses, according to the developers, is so full of security holes that they demand people upgrade away from the version the big board has installed ASAP. I’ll be gladly pissing on their grave if some hacker exploits the security holes in there and it deletes nearly 20 years of their posts…”

And once more…

“The [board] I remember isn’t the [board] of today. Oh, sure, it had some rigidity but the mods were flexible. Nowadays, I see one post, refresh only to see ‘the post you requested does not exist.’ What, they just delete posts they don’t like? I knew that if that idiot [REDACTED BY KI5JYD] took over, this would happen.”

Daphne’s reply was blunt but to the point on why she doesn’t go back there, either.

“Yeah, sis. Happened to Alexa too on my first night back home with her. She didn’t even get a PM! Just deleted! Oh, was she PISSED! And then told ‘we cannot discuss what happened?’ And ‘management decisions are final, and we cannot disclose the staff member’s identity, so you can discuss this? No. You knew you were going to post an underage looking doll. Case closed.’ That basically was the start to her knowing that [the big board] has gone to hell, and time to find another forum, or start one. Hence the genesis of Dollsbook. It’s basically Facebook but for dolls built on WordPress.”

“So, sis, Dollsbook is not just ‘another doll forum.’ It’s something different. That’s basically the gist of it.”

And thank you @ki5jyd, @dbevadmin, @masterdollsbook and others for such a wonderful alternative! I’m not big on social networks. I don’t have a Facebook account, neither do I have a Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat or whatever the trend du jour is. But if I have to be on one social networking site, then Dollsbook it is!

And Daphne, you made me hungry when you posted a selfie of yourself with that Whataburger! I had to go get one myself! Damn, how long has it been. I’m in Texas right now, but I’ll be in New Jersey for a few days to get some stuff straightened out then I’ll be home with you two, as the skit at the end of “What is a Juggalo” by Insane Clown Posse (Whoop Whoop! TPE Juggalettes unite!!!) says, “quicker than two jiggles of a jackrabbit’s ass!” Or, two jiggles of my sweet TPE ass!!

(The transition from a Candy8teen Taffy to a TPE gal is almost complete, and the only place I could find was in New Jersey. The place looks like Roxy Display’s showroom. It is… but I can’t divulge any more information.)

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Well, welcome, Tiff to Dollsbook and please make this your place. It’s not just my site. It’s not RainKing’s either. It’s yours. Your place to tell your story and let people know who  you are.

But, I had to edit your post. Yes, I may be your sister in law, and yes, I have admin powers on this website too, but please don’t talk smack about the other place. It’s so they know we have no maleficence or animosity towards them, even though I had to edit out their name and stuff. I mean no harm, I kept most of the original content, only minimally editing it.

Think about this: People now go there to get info on what doll will be their Ms. Right, then they come here to let their story unfold with or without their doll(s). I know, it used to be the #1 place to share info about the hobby, but now since it’s been practically taken over by people with profit motives rather than community spirit, and places like that grow stagnant quickly. They soon lose the vision of why they started, and also fail to keep up with modern web technologies (e.g., no mobile theme/responsive design, outdated forum software, etc.), and even if the staff are presented with irrefutable proof that an upgrade is needed to be alive (page 1 in Google, for example, or the developers of the forum software says that they aren’t supporting the version they’re running on, and if they don’t upgrade, it’s their own grave they’re digging); and pouring more money into a bottomless pit to keep the place alive with failed whatever-it-is (like advertising, astroturfing, et alia)… the Internet Archive Wayback Machine Cemetery has got a plot on their multi-petabyte cemetery ready for them… (Basically saying, sites like that will fail if they don’t keep up.)

We like to style ourselves as “Dolls Alive on steroids”. (Okay, that was a bit exaggerated…) But exaggerations aside, most of us were members of that other forum. Some of us still are. Some of us just like this place better. I’m glad and Daphne is glad that you prefer this place (your sister is asleep right now, and said she’ll reply when she gets up) over the other one, and please keep not just me and Daphne updated on your status of your return back home, but the entire Dollsbook community too!

73s de KI5JYD

Oh: MMFWCL to you too!

Anonymous
        Inactive
        • Posts 172
        @

Well, welcome, Tiff to Dollsbook and please make this your place. It’s not just my site. It’s not RainKing’s either. It’s yours. Your place to tell your story and let people know who you are.

Awesomesauce! I am glad to hear that! That’s the spirit of ubuntu (even though you went back to Windows recently, and deleted Ubuntu, as Daph told me…), where we are a community and look out for each other. I have seen less and less of that in the ‘other forum’ and that made me uneasy, and yours and Daphne’s posts there were back in, what, August or September? I thought you both decided to just disconnect from the Internet, until Daphne told me about this place. I had my reservations about joining, but my mind has been made up when Daphne told me to “Just try it, sis. If you don’t like it, Alexa or I can delete your account for you.” Well, that’s not gonna happen! I’m here to stay!

But, I had to edit your post. Yes, I may be your sister in law, and yes, I have admin powers on this website too, but please don’t talk smack about the other place. It’s so they know we have no maleficence or animosity towards them, even though I had to edit out their name and stuff. I mean no harm, I kept most of the original content, only minimally editing it.

Okay, I understand. I’m not gonna argue against that. Even though the “other place” sucks balls now. It’s just not the same as I remembered it…

Think about this: People now go there to get info on what doll will be their Ms. Right, then they come here to let their story unfold with or without their doll(s). I know, it used to be the #1 place to share info about the hobby, but now since it’s been practically taken over by people with profit motives rather than community spirit, and places like that grow stagnant quickly. They soon lose the vision of why they started, and also fail to keep up with modern web technologies (e.g., no mobile theme/responsive design, outdated forum software, etc.), and even if the staff are presented with irrefutable proof that an upgrade is needed to be alive (page 1 in Google, for example, or the developers of the forum software says that they aren’t supporting the version they’re running on, and if they don’t upgrade, it’s their own grave they’re digging); and pouring more money into a bottomless pit to keep the place alive with failed whatever-it-is (like advertising, astroturfing, et alia)… the Internet Archive Wayback Machine Cemetery has got a plot on their multi-petabyte cemetery ready for them… (Basically saying, sites like that will fail if they don’t keep up.)

That’s so true for any website. If the owners decide to stagnate on crucial backend updates (like their LAMP/WAMP stack, MySQL version, PHP version, phpBB or whatever forum software version, mobile version/responsive design, whatever), saying they are on their “to-do list but isn’t high on the list of priorities,” and then they go off to the developers’ sites to file a bug against it… only to realize they aren’t gonna get any help and have their issue on GitHub closed (or “OLDVERSION WONTFIX” or whatever the vernacular might be on their bug tracker) because the developers probably will ask them “Did you update to the latest version? That should fix your problem”, and then use the same excuse already said, yes, it’s their own grave they’re digging. While usually newer software usually isn’t better (have you seen how much older the version numbers are in the Debian stable repos against upstream? Of course, Debian/Software in the Public Interest has their own reasons, but that’s for a different time and topic), but sometimes “bleeding edge” or “cutting edge” isn’t needed, but they’re just shooting themselves in the foot if they decide to stick with 11-year-old software. Shit, Microsoft doesn’t support XP anymore… People still use it, but go to https://answers.microsoft.com and try to ask a question about Windows XP. You’ll get told to upgrade to 7, 8/8.1 or 10 immediately!

We like to style ourselves as “Dolls Alive on steroids”. (Okay, that was a bit exaggerated…) But exaggerations aside, most of us were members of that other forum. Some of us still are.

I appreciate that. But the “Dolls Alive on steroids” remark is, yes, a bit too exaggerated. But nonetheless, it’s awesome that a concept has been made and is live.

Some of us just like this place better. I’m glad and Daphne is glad that you prefer this place (your sister is asleep right now, and said she’ll reply when she gets up) over the other one, and please keep not just me and Daphne updated on your status of your return back home, but the entire Dollsbook community too!

Will do! And don’t worry, let Daphne sleep. She’s a great gal, and I’m happy that you’re married to her (legitimately now, too!), and sometimes she doesn’t like to be bothered by petty BS just to reply to a forum post.

MMFWCL to you too!

MMFWCL 4 Lyfe!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 56
      @

The “other place”

Having no bones against the “other place”

It is usually not the place that makes one walk away. It is the people.

The regulars are the ones that are posting the mantra about the greatness that they will bestow if we support them.  IF is the key word.

Someone gets a new doll through channels other than the “other place” This new owner will be told doll will not last, will break. Basically just negative things to help make a person feel they got ripped off. Hell of a way to sell a product(s) Coke? Pepsi? Store brand? Sugar and water…

Is this behavior to be respected? Should these people just be ignored? The latter is the answer. This behavior is not to be respected and should be ignored.

So this behavior represents a site as a whole. Old saying. If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing. The few usually do ruin for the many.

Although Jeff at Booty Call Dolls did say my LuAnne is very beautiful, and asked me to show her off in his section of the forum. I do hope he was sincere anyway.

Quality.

I bought a Doc Johnson toy over a year ago. When new, this thing smelled sweet. Had a nice perfume smell. It’s been washed many, many times of course. I thought possibly the scent was added during the course of molding the TPE. I’ve just noticed it smells no different from any other TPE toys now. It has lost it’s scent.

Did not last a year before it was tearing as well. TPE Quality? Some TPE’s are softer, some more firm. All dependent on the additives mixed before pouring the mold.

Shear rates in mixing are a factor in the final product as well.

What does this loss of scent mean?  Can I go to the “other place” for an answer?  Many questions go unanswered/ignored 🙂

I do not login very often to the “other place”. My posts are pretty much ignored. Except when I suggest an alternative repair. Then it’s criticized.

I have possibly caught an expert being a fraud. The pics don’t truly match of the before and after. Do not take my word for it, look carefully for yourselves.

Am I being a shit disturber? probably.  I notice things is all.

Assume nothing, question everything.

My apologies for jacking the thread. lol

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Welcome to dollsbook Tiff!

Can’t wait until you get your boarding pass and papers to enter the country!! I have been though it as well, it is a process!

WOooHOooo!

<3 Eva

Mrs. Vicki Lawson-Havens DBIN9JYD
      Participant
      • Posts 13
      @smallwonder

(NOTE: Certain names have been changed to protect the integrity of other places. Please, no dissing of other fora, including the “big one” that’s been around since 2001, Tiffany — @ki5jyd — Dollsbook admin) @daphnetilbrook and I were talking after she pleaded that I get on this site… I was hesitant at first to sign up, because of the obsolete software [the other board] uses, but my mind was instantly changed when I came here. My response was at first… “Holy shit, sis! This place is ASTRONOMICALLY better than that ‘other board’! I didn’t want to sign up for another ‘doll forum’, but tell Alexa and RainKing that you, Alexa, Eva and RainKing did a SUPERB JOB!” I then continued… “Daph, the site is really something different. The outdated version of phpBB that other board uses, according to the developers, is so full of security holes that they demand people upgrade away from the version the big board has installed ASAP. I’ll be gladly pissing on their grave if some hacker exploits the security holes in there and it deletes nearly 20 years of their posts…” And once more… “The [board] I remember isn’t the [board] of today. Oh, sure, it had some rigidity but the mods were flexible. Nowadays, I see one post, refresh only to see ‘the post you requested does not exist.’ What, they just delete posts they don’t like? I knew that if that idiot [REDACTED BY KI5JYD] took over, this would happen.” Daphne’s reply was blunt but to the point on why she doesn’t go back there, either. “Yeah, sis. Happened to Alexa too on my first night back home with her. She didn’t even get a PM! Just deleted! Oh, was she PISSED! And then told ‘we cannot discuss what happened?’ And ‘management decisions are final, and we cannot disclose the staff member’s identity, so you can discuss this? No. You knew you were going to post an underage looking doll. Case closed.’ That basically was the start to her knowing that [the big board] has gone to hell, and time to find another forum, or start one. Hence the genesis of Dollsbook. It’s basically Facebook but for dolls built on WordPress.” “So, sis, Dollsbook is not just ‘another doll forum.’ It’s something different. That’s basically the gist of it.” And thank you @ki5jyd, @dbevadmin, @masterdollsbook and others for such a wonderful alternative! I’m not big on social networks. I don’t have a Facebook account, neither do I have a Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat or whatever the trend du jour is. But if I have to be on one social networking site, then Dollsbook it is! And Daphne, you made me hungry when you posted a selfie of yourself with that Whataburger! I had to go get one myself! Damn, how long has it been. I’m in Texas right now, but I’ll be in New Jersey for a few days to get some stuff straightened out then I’ll be home with you two, as the skit at the end of “What is a Juggalo” by Insane Clown Posse (Whoop Whoop! TPE Juggalettes unite!!!) says, “quicker than two jiggles of a jackrabbit’s ass!” Or, two jiggles of my sweet TPE ass!! (The transition from a Candy8teen Taffy to a TPE gal is almost complete, and the only place I could find was in New Jersey. The place looks like Roxy Display’s showroom. It is… but I can’t divulge any more information.)

Tiffany!!!!! OMFG it’s been forever since you’ve said something! 💚 (Seriously… I wasn’t feeling all that great yesterday, so that’s why I’m kinda late.)

Shit… my transition from a Candy8teen Candy to a JY 140cm G-cup took forever… but I had to escape to China under the name “Bianca Ashleigh Metcalfe” just to get mine done! How in the hell did you find one in muthafuckin’ New Jersey?!

The short of it is, Get home soon, sis!!!!

And how was your first Whataburger in years, sis? Too bad there weren’t any in Virginia. I remember even asking Alexa when I first met her in 2007, Where’s the nearest Whataburger? Alexa was dumbstruck, and didn’t know what a Whataburger was. Now she knows and she’s a Whataburger fan for life. That’s why she doesn’t want to leave Texas now. She doesn’t even want to go back to Muncie, Indiana, where she was living before coming to the Lone Star State, for that one reason. No Whataburger in Muncie! Sure… there’s Steak & Shake on McGallilard Road across from the Walmart, but Steak & Shake doesn’t hold a candle to the almighty Whataburger!

And sis… MMFWCL. 😉

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Welcome to dollsbook Tiff! Can’t wait until you get your boarding pass and papers to enter the country!! I have been though it as well, it is a process! WOooHOooo! <3 Eva

Thanks, Eva!

The only “boarding pass” I’ll need is a FedEx label, thank you. I’m already in the USA. Unlike my sister Daphne, who had to get hers done in China under an assumed identity (and why the name “Bianca”, Daphne? Were you watching Lars and The Real Girl again?), I’m getting mine done in New Jersey. (It’s not what you know, it’s who you know. )

And Daphne… Hey, sis! How was my first Whataburger in years? Freakin’ awesomesauce, that’s what. 

I thought “Muncie, Indiana” only existed in a Toby Keith song…

But I found out that it really is a place. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muncie,_Indiana

According to the Wikipedia page I just linked:

Muncie /ˈmʌnsi/ is an incorporated city and the seat of Delaware County, Indiana. It is located in East Central Indiana, about 50 miles (80 km) northeast of Indianapolis. The United States Census for 2010 reported the city’s population was 70,085. It is the principal city of the Muncie metropolitan statistical area, which has a population of 117,671.

TIL (“Today I Learned” for those not on Reddit) that Jim Davis, creator of Garfield, and David Letterman both went to Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana.  And I also learned a joke too…

“You know you’re from Indiana if you don’t laugh after hearing that you can take I-69 to go to Ball State.”

But I’d rather be in Texas, and to find out that my sister and sister-in-law (@daphnetilbrook and @ki5jyd respectively) are there, albeit in the DFW Metroplex and not in Houston… but shit, at least they’re in Texas and I have to thank someone who goes by the handles “Meso” or “KI5DAN” (I guess the second is a ham radio call sign… Daphne… did you get him into ham radio too???) for getting them to Texas.

And to Alexa and Daphne: Whoop to tha fuckin’ whoop.

Mrs. Vicki Lawson-Havens DBIN9JYD
        Participant
        • Posts 13
        @smallwonder

But I’d rather be in Texas, and to find out that my sister and sister-in-law (@daphnetilbrook and @ki5jyd respectively) are there, albeit in the DFW Metroplex and not in Houston… but shit, at least they’re in Texas and I have to thank someone who goes by the handles “Meso” or “KI5DAN” (I guess the second is a ham radio call sign… Daphne… did you get him into ham radio too???) for getting them to Texas. And to Alexa and Daphne: Whoop to tha fuckin’ whoop.

I plead the fifth… 🤣

Alright, I’ll crack. I really wanted to help Alexa fulfill her life-long goal but Meso got into helping me help Alexa, and I welcomed his help, and well, one thing led to another, and they both are FCC-licensed amateur operators with General class privileges, with me helping them both obtain the highest level: Extra.

I think you’ll like Meso, @tiffholland. A true blue friend if I ever seen one. @dbevadmin and @rainking both are true blue friends too. I helped Alexa find Eva for him, and Eva, thanks for welcoming my sister to DB! A great place for dolls and doll lovers to be!

And Alexa, Tiffany… cease further discussion about the Mormons. This is not the Ex-Mormon subreddit. This is DOLLSBOOK. (Even though, their problem lies with their lawyers, Kirton + McConkie, but it’s not fair discussion here.) Remember, to keep friends, you don’t talk about these three things: 1. Sex, 2., Politics and 3. Religion. But #1 is okay here, but it’s an old saying my mother (and your mother, too Tiffany) said. Just a friendly reminder.

Carry on… and Tiffany…

sudo apt-get -y install your-ass-home-now

(Yes, I know I’m doing this in Firefox for Windows… Alexa, you have VirtualBox and VMWare Workstation Player installed, can you please get at least an Ubuntu VM installed for me? Please?!?!?!?!)

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

The “other place” Having no bones against the “other place” It is usually not the place that makes one walk away. It is the people. The regulars are the ones that are posting the mantra about the greatness that they will bestow if we support them. IF is the key word. Someone gets a new doll through channels other than the “other place” This new owner will be told doll will not last, will break. Basically just negative things to help make a person feel they got ripped off. Hell of a way to sell a product(s)

Hence what Tiffany (@tiffholland) is trying to say, @LuLuDoll. And yeah, the way you put it, it’s like they want people to support them, and if you deviate from supporting their approved channels, they then try attacking you. Typical narcissistic behavior. “The other place” is owned by someone who displays NPD style behaviors.

(I have done some research on this person, whose name I refrain to mention, and TDF is not the first place that he’s placed under the dictatorial style of forum moderation. He’s caused a lot of long-time members and moderators to up and leave, placing people who fawn and flutter over him in their place, and excommunicating [sorry, Tiff, for using that word, with you being an excommunicated Mormon] people who don’t toe the line, question authority, or even raise valid questions about what is going on. He also makes consortiums of “approved” sellers and resellers, and anyone who isn’t his paying servant… some even said that they’re paying him to even place their own products on the site, and they do all the hard work, yet get nothing in return. This is typical DSM-V behavior of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.)

Coke? Pepsi? Store brand? Sugar and water…

Well, I’m partial to Dr Pepper, but I’ll drink about any brand of soda, even cheap-ass store-brand. Tiffany is partial to Faygo, but it’s hard to find here in the Metroplex.

As an aside, this is the ingredient label of my 12 oz. (355 ml) Dr Pepper:

Carbonated water, High fructose corn syrup, Caramel color, Phosphoric acid, Natural and Artificial flavors, Sodium Benzoate (preservative), Caffeine. Canned by an affiliate of the American Bottling Company, 5301 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX, 75024 under the authority of Dr Pepper Company, 5301 Legacy Dr, Plano, TX 75024 (c) 2011 Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. Caffeine content: 41mg/12 fl. oz.

(Yes… the Dr Pepper plant is right near the Plano Ham Radio Outlet!)

So, according to the FDA, ingredients must be listed in order of quantity by weight, highest weight item first. (IDK how it is in Canada, Lu, so please forgive me.) The first two ingredients are, yep, water and sugar! The rest are really just minute amounts of color and flavor with caffeine.

Is this behavior to be respected? Should these people just be ignored? The latter is the answer. This behavior is not to be respected and should be ignored. So this behavior represents a site as a whole. Old saying. If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing. The few usually do ruin for the many.

The way I remember the saying was, “If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say it at all.” But, let’s not nitpick upon that. I basically outlined the “few who ruin it for many” above. This is also why Tiffany had shown displeasure for them. With her being an excommunicated Mormon, and the way the cult (I refuse to call them a church) is run, TDF is run like the Mormon cult now, and this is the reason why Daphne and I left both, and Tiffany got excommunicated from the LDS, while not even stepping foot back onto TDF because her instincts saw the similarities and basically left, nay, ran away, within 5 minutes, and realized mine and Daphne’s last posts were before RainKing and I started Dollsbook.

It’s best to have someone there, not here, expose that the emperor isn’t wearing any clothes and hope that will be sufficient to embarrass him that he will have to step down or be forced to. Remember, change comes from within. We can’t do it here. It only reinforces their beliefs. When enough people there have shown the “emperor” that his actions are detrimental, not beneficial to the community and people are leaving to start their own communities… well, the “emperor” may try to increase ham-fisted attempts to stop the hemorrhage of members to other communities, but when people are realizing they are just peons and patsies for the emperor’s detrimental actions that are causing it in the first place, a revolt may happen. But we cannot force it here. It must happen there.

Quality. I bought a Doc Johnson toy over a year ago. When new, this thing smelled sweet. Had a nice perfume smell. It’s been washed many, many times of course. I thought possibly the scent was added during the course of molding the TPE. I’ve just noticed it smells no different from any other TPE toys now. It has lost it’s scent. Did not last a year before it was tearing as well. TPE Quality? Some TPE’s are softer, some more firm. All dependent on the additives mixed before pouring the mold. Shear rates in mixing are a factor in the final product as well. What does this loss of scent mean? Can I go to the “other place” for an answer? Many questions go unanswered/ignored 🙂 I do not login very often to the “other place”. My posts are pretty much ignored. Except when I suggest an alternative repair. Then it’s criticized. I have possibly caught an expert being a fraud. The pics don’t truly match of the before and after. Do not take my word for it, look carefully for yourselves. Am I being a shit disturber? probably. I notice things is all. Assume nothing, question everything. My apologies for jacking the thread. lol

I had a few Doc Johnson strokers. Expensive as fuck yet cheap as fuck. I paid $30 one time for a “pocket pussy” for a mannequin mod from a sex shop, the fucker fell apart within a month. You’d expect that if you paid that much, you’d expect the thing to last, right? The quality made me feel like I was being ripped off. Honestly, I was paying for the porn star’s name and likeness on the package… I can safely assume that probably I paid $28 for the porn star’s name and likeness on the box, and $2 for the pocket pussy itself. That’s how I feel now. Shit, I can go on eBay, pay $2 for some no-name pocket pussy and have that shipped China Post ePacket for free and feel better that if it breaks within a month, it’s only $2 wasted. Not pay $30 for the same just so they can slap on some porn star’s name and likeness on the box. And they [Doc Johnson] claims that it’s molded from the vagina of the porn star… what? I have seen three of them in the same line… they all look the same. They aren’t molded from lifecasts of the porn star’s vaginas. This is why I think this company is evil: it directly markets to the most gullible and ignorant of the lonely and horny. I’ve even seen them try to sell dolls like ours. People said, and I quote: “Stay away from this company. This ‘Doc Johnson’ is out for your money. Not your happiness. I paid $400 for a doll that looked like a doll worth three or four times as much, and what did I get? A blow-up doll, with a Doc Johnson pocket pussy. Let me repeat that: A $20 vinyl blow-up doll, and pocket pussy. The only ‘TPE’ in this doll is in the pocket pussy I can use on PornHub while Doc Johnson is laughing himself to the bank. I threw away the doll.”

And this what TDF believes, just because of companies like Doc Johnson.

The world of TPE dolls are getting better, and more and more legit companies (like Mistress Love Dolls [Roxy Display subsidiary] and where Tiffany is coming from! WHOOP WHOOP) are showing up, but some of these people don’t want to pay the “protection fee” of TDF. That’s their right.

Oh, and if someone claims that “TDF is the Consumer’s Report of dolls,” I will say this: Consumers’ Union (the non-profit organization who publishes Consumer’s Report) does NOT accept advertising, does NOT allow companies to pay them to have preferential treatment, and they go out and buy the product like you and I would: at a real store, and will not accept “evaluation samples” from the companies. TDF does not do any of these things, so therefore, TDF is NOT the Consumer’s Report of dolls!

TDF, like any doll manufacturer or vendor or whatever, is a business. We are not a business, we are what they were supposed to be, a hobbyist forum. But, any business can refuse to do business with anyone. If they want to refuse to do business with TDF, which is the right of the business, yet TDF is saying that “non-approved manufacturers or vendors may not be reviewed here,” then yes, it is now a marketplace and not what it used to be.

The irony of that last statement is: They have a mannequins forum. Most of the mannequins featured by the members there are from Roxy Display. Roxy Display is now in the TPE doll business, and by personal observation, are legitimate in their dealings. Does this mean that TDF has to lock down the Mannequins forum? Good question, but let’s leave that unanswered right now.

And Tiff, I agree with you, and I apologize for derailing this thread myself. 😉

73s de KI5JYD

Anonymous
        Inactive
        • Posts 172
        @

The “other place” Having no bones against the “other place” It is usually not the place that makes one walk away. It is the people. The regulars are the ones that are posting the mantra about the greatness that they will bestow if we support them. IF is the key word. Someone gets a new doll through channels other than the “other place” This new owner will be told doll will not last, will break. Basically just negative things to help make a person feel they got ripped off. Hell of a way to sell a product(s)

Hence what Tiffany (@tiffholland) is trying to say, @luludoll. And yeah, the way you put it, it’s like they want people to support them, and if you deviate from supporting their approved channels, they then try attacking you. Typical narcissistic behavior. “The other place” is owned by someone who displays NPD style behaviors. (I have done some research on this person, whose name I refrain to mention, and TDF is not the first place that he’s placed under the dictatorial style of forum moderation. He’s caused a lot of long-time members and moderators to up and leave, placing people who fawn and flutter over him in their place, and excommunicating [sorry, Tiff, for using that word, with you being an excommunicated Mormon] people who don’t toe the line, question authority, or even raise valid questions about what is going on. He also makes consortiums of “approved” sellers and resellers, and anyone who isn’t his paying servant… some even said that they’re paying him to even place their own products on the site, and they do all the hard work, yet get nothing in return. This is typical DSM-V behavior of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.)

Exactly, Alexa. Continuing on…

Coke? Pepsi? Store brand? Sugar and water…

Well, I’m partial to Dr Pepper, but I’ll drink about any brand of soda, even cheap-ass store-brand. Tiffany is partial to Faygo, but it’s hard to find here in the Metroplex.

Faygo hard to find? Say it ain’t so!

(Daphne, @daphnetilbrook, your wife, my sister, told me that Faygo is at the corner store not even 300 feet from your apartment’s door. She texted me a screenshot of it from Google Maps. But it’s 99-cent 24-ounce bottles, and not a wide selection of flavors… but Faygo is Faygo.) Anywho…

As an aside, this is the ingredient label of my 12 oz. (355 ml) Dr Pepper: Carbonated water, High fructose corn syrup, Caramel color, Phosphoric acid, Natural and Artificial flavors, Sodium Benzoate (preservative), Caffeine. Canned by an affiliate of the American Bottling Company, 5301 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX, 75024 under the authority of Dr Pepper Company, 5301 Legacy Dr, Plano, TX 75024 (c) 2011 Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. Caffeine content: 41mg/12 fl. oz. (Yes… the Dr Pepper plant is right near the Plano Ham Radio Outlet!)

So, according to the FDA, ingredients must be listed in order of quantity by weight, highest weight item first. (IDK how it is in Canada, Lu, so please forgive me.) The first two ingredients are, yep, water and sugar! The rest are really just minute amounts of color and flavor with caffeine.

Is this behavior to be respected? Should these people just be ignored? The latter is the answer. This behavior is not to be respected and should be ignored. So this behavior represents a site as a whole. Old saying. If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing. The few usually do ruin for the many.

The way I remember the saying was, “If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say it at all.” But, let’s not nitpick upon that. I basically outlined the “few who ruin it for many” above. This is also why Tiffany had shown displeasure for them. With her being an excommunicated Mormon, and the way the cult (I refuse to call them a church) is run, TDF is run like the Mormon cult now, and this is the reason why Daphne and I left both, and Tiffany got excommunicated from the LDS, while not even stepping foot back onto TDF because her instincts saw the similarities and basically left, nay, ran away, within 5 minutes, and realized mine and Daphne’s last posts were before RainKing and I started Dollsbook. It’s best to have someone there, not here, expose that the emperor isn’t wearing any clothes and hope that will be sufficient to embarrass him that he will have to step down or be forced to. Remember, change comes from within. We can’t do it here. It only reinforces their beliefs. When enough people there have shown the “emperor” that his actions are detrimental, not beneficial to the community and people are leaving to start their own communities… well, the “emperor” may try to increase ham-fisted attempts to stop the hemorrhage of members to other communities, but when people are realizing they are just peons and patsies for the emperor’s detrimental actions that are causing it in the first place, a revolt may happen. But we cannot force it here. It must happen there.

Why did you have to bring the LDS cult into this? I digress, yes, I saw stark similarities with the way TDF is ran against the way the CoJCoLDS (wow, what a mouthful… forgive me for being a subscriber of r/exmormon!) and hauled ass away and cleared my cache and cookies not once, not twice, but three times after visiting that site! A place that claims to be the unifying source of information only to be run like a cult and has such tendencies isn’t a unifying source. It’s a monopoly. A cult.

And the “emperor”, who I will not name either, is just like Russell M. Nelson, Dallin H. Oaks, David A. Bednar (if you don’t know who those people are, they’re the “head honchos” of the LDS Cult), who, like the emperor of TDF, believe their shit don’t stink, and will bestow “blessings” or “punishments” upon people they prefer or dislike, depending on how they view you. I am not a psychologist, but yes, the TDF emperor and the Q15 (LDS leaders like the three above) share similar traits of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

It’s just like subscribers of r/exmormon, who want the LDS cult exposed in each and every way to crumble the cult from the outside, but other subscribers of that subreddit warns the people who post stuff like that said it exactly like Alexa did: Don’t try to expose the LDS on this subreddit to embarrass them, it only reinforces their beliefs. Someone who is a “TBM” (True Blue Mormon) and still on the rolls has to make someone like Russell Nelson realize that he’s not wearing any clothes, as the saying goes. Of course, their only reaction will be to punish the person, by making the person disfellowshipped and excommunicated, but when people are realizing that “hey, this is becoming foolish,” then change might happen.

Exactly how Alexa described it. TDF can yank reviews of dolls not made and/or sold by their “approved” channels. The LDS tries to tell people not to read “Anti-Mormon” material. But the irony of that is that some of the essays on LDS.org is what caused them to leave in the first place!

It’s complicated and I didn’t want to bring religion into this post, but that’s the reason why I ran away from TDF after realizing that it’s not the same as I remember it. When the people who are still on TDF are raising valid concerns about why people are being silenced due to purchasing from unapproved channels, but are satisfied, it’s like you can’t post how great Whataburger is over McDonald’s on McDonald’s Facebook page, right? But it’s not that easy as that. I’ll get to that in a moment.

Quality. I bought a Doc Johnson toy over a year ago. When new, this thing smelled sweet. Had a nice perfume smell. It’s been washed many, many times of course. I thought possibly the scent was added during the course of molding the TPE. I’ve just noticed it smells no different from any other TPE toys now. It has lost it’s scent. Did not last a year before it was tearing as well. TPE Quality? Some TPE’s are softer, some more firm. All dependent on the additives mixed before pouring the mold. Shear rates in mixing are a factor in the final product as well. What does this loss of scent mean? Can I go to the “other place” for an answer? Many questions go unanswered/ignored I do not login very often to the “other place”. My posts are pretty much ignored. Except when I suggest an alternative repair. Then it’s criticized. I have possibly caught an expert being a fraud. The pics don’t truly match of the before and after. Do not take my word for it, look carefully for yourselves. Am I being a shit disturber? probably. I notice things is all. Assume nothing, question everything. My apologies for jacking the thread. lol

I had a few Doc Johnson strokers. Expensive as fuck yet cheap as fuck. I paid $30 one time for a “pocket pussy” for a mannequin mod from a sex shop, the fucker fell apart within a month. You’d expect that if you paid that much, you’d expect the thing to last, right? The quality made me feel like I was being ripped off. Honestly, I was paying for the porn star’s name and likeness on the package… I can safely assume that probably I paid $28 for the porn star’s name and likeness on the box, and $2 for the pocket pussy itself. That’s how I feel now. Shit, I can go on eBay, pay $2 for some no-name pocket pussy and have that shipped China Post ePacket for free and feel better that if it breaks within a month, it’s only $2 wasted. Not pay $30 for the same just so they can slap on some porn star’s name and likeness on the box. And they [Doc Johnson] claims that it’s molded from the vagina of the porn star… what? I have seen three of them in the same line… they all look the same. They aren’t molded from lifecasts of the porn star’s vaginas. This is why I think this company is evil: it directly markets to the most gullible and ignorant of the lonely and horny. I’ve even seen them try to sell dolls like ours. People said, and I quote: “Stay away from this company. This ‘Doc Johnson’ is out for your money. Not your happiness. I paid $400 for a doll that looked like a doll worth three or four times as much, and what did I get? A blow-up doll, with a Doc Johnson pocket pussy. Let me repeat that: A $20 vinyl blow-up doll, and pocket pussy. The only ‘TPE’ in this doll is in the pocket pussy I can use on PornHub while Doc Johnson is laughing himself to the bank. I threw away the doll.” And this what TDF believes, just because of companies like Doc Johnson. The world of TPE dolls are getting better, and more and more legit companies (like Mistress Love Dolls [Roxy Display subsidiary] and where Tiffany is coming from! WHOOP WHOOP) are showing up, but some of these people don’t want to pay the “protection fee” of TDF. That’s their right.

Exactly! In reality for a moment, Alexa found me when Roxy Display posted my item page on their “dressformmall” eBay store. But she did her homework, and when someone on one of the doll-owner Discord servers she is part of posted about how legit they are, and are the same exact quality as the “approved” TDF vendors’ products, just about a quarter of the cost, but with some trade-offs such as no customization, and gave the URL to their website, which had a Google Maps widget to their location (“QTH” as Alexa likes to say it), which launched the Google Maps app on her phone… guess what it said?

At this location: Roxy Display, Inc. and Mistress Love Dolls

And the number checks out. It’s the same for Roxy Display.

Oh, and if someone claims that “TDF is the Consumer’s Report of dolls,” I will say this: Consumers’ Union (the non-profit organization who publishes Consumer’s Report) does NOT accept advertising, does NOT allow companies to pay them to have preferential treatment, and they go out and buy the product like you and I would: at a real store, and will not accept “evaluation samples” from the companies. TDF does not do any of these things, so therefore, TDF is NOT the Consumer’s Report of dolls! TDF, like any doll manufacturer or vendor or whatever, is a business. We are not a business, we are what they were supposed to be, a hobbyist forum. But, any business can refuse to do business with anyone. If they want to refuse to do business with TDF, which is the right of the business, yet TDF is saying that “non-approved manufacturers or vendors may not be reviewed here,” then yes, it is now a marketplace and not what it used to be. The irony of that last statement is: They have a mannequins forum. Most of the mannequins featured by the members there are from Roxy Display. Roxy Display is now in the TPE doll business, and by personal observation, are legitimate in their dealings. Does this mean that TDF has to lock down the Mannequins forum? Good question, but let’s leave that unanswered right now.

Consumer Reports TDF is not. This is why the former can say anything about the products they review while members of the latter cannot. TDF has to keep the interests of the people they represent (the manufacturers and vendors who pay for the privilege to hawk their wares) in mind, and even though Roxy Display is now in the TPE doll business, and yet their main business is still store fixtures, but probably Roxy Display had visited TDF and seen people who couldn’t afford the prices the TDF-approved vendors were charging and had to buy a mannequin from them, and decided to do something about it. Now how that is going to affect the Mannequins forum on TDF now that Roxy has entered the field of TPE dolls is unknown at this time to anyone.

That is capitalism, folks. Sometimes a disruptor has to be someone who we have known for a good long time who had to basically help people who couldn’t afford the exorbitant prices that the “alliance” (for lack of a proper word) were charging to have some sort of doll, but a mannequin (which is a doll nonetheless), to finally join the ranks. Now the alliance is probably scrambling to prevent it, after all, it’s their bottom lines they have to protect, but it may prove fruitless to the alliance.

Only time will tell. And yes, I am not going to be a doll from one of the vendors of the “alliance”, even though I mean no maleficence to my sister, who had the assistance from one of those people (and I respect him… @monamourtoujours, thanks for helping my sister reunite with Alexa, and I respect that with MMFWCL [Much Mutha Fuckin’ Wicked Clown Love — I’m a Juggalette!]) but sometimes times change, and my sister has been adamant on trying to locate me, and she can’t do that alone without Alexa’s help.

It’s all good on Juggalo Island !

And Tiff, I agree with you, and I apologize for derailing this thread myself. 73s de KI5JYD

No worries!

73s de KI5JYD’s sister in law (See what you made me do, Daphne and Alexa?! Now I’m using ham radio jargon!)

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 56
      @

The consumer reports of ANYTHING is the consumer.  lol. Not the so called respected, biased folks whose minds are closed.

Some people are a bitch to please, while others keep their feet planted on the ground when it comes to reality.. Some of the photos, much time is spent getting them looking life-like as possible. Of course, who doesn’t want their product to look as good as possible?

It is what struck the curiosity in me. And caused me to buy a doll.  But I was not about to fork over 2 grand to satisfy the curiosity.  I had the thought if I did not like the doll, I’m not out a huge wad of cash. I am pleased with the doll, and would buy again from the underdog manufacturer who made her. (Rifrano) Now from what I gather, this manufacturer has had a bad rep in China. The quality of LuLu, I’d not figure this.  14 months in and she is in very good shape. TPE is not made to last as far as a sex doll slave. The plastic will break down with moisture/friction eventually.  There are harder blends, softer blends. They call it shore hardness.  The higher the number the harder the material is.

Softer blends are real nice, but they are not as durable. This is why there is tearing/splitting on fairly new dolls. But owners of these softer blend dolls according to one manufacturer, are to blame for premature failure. In some cases, maybe. They’ll only stretch so far before failure occurs. Harder TPE will withstand more stretch,abrasion resistance etc.

I’ve begun to research the molding of various plastics. Just for the hell of it. There is a lot of chemistry involved. but TPE has the advantage over silicone in that it is completely recyclable. Whereas silicone is a thermoset, and cannot be recycled once it has been processed. TPE is attractive for manufacturers for the fact there is very little scrap.

You mess up making a doll from silicone, that’s it bro…. to the landfill. Research no doubt, will continue to evolve to prevent this. Maybe this is why the wait time is longer with silicone? Mistakes? 🙂

All the statements of chemicals used in doll manufacture that are toxic, may be exaggerated. I’ve noticed some fear mongering going on as far as care and repair of TPE dolls.

Oily dolls? Mineral oil is used as a lubricant when ingredients are mixed. Makes sense. Be troublesome having plastic goo sticking to equipment while molding.

Some have said they cover the skeleton with grease before molding? 🙂 It’s just excess mineral oil. It would appear to me they probably do not clean the skeleton very well before molding. And when opening her up to skeleton. It does look like grease. Dirt and mineral oil 🙂

Waxes, plasticizers, anti-oxidant, flame retardant agents are all used in processing in the stuff we use everyday. A doll would be not much different. There is modern chemistry used to make the TPE softer. The price for that, just may be a doll that does not last as long as doll made in previous years. But they looking Fine baby!!! 🙂

I will continue to root for underdogs.  I own one is she is just fine baby!!  🙂

Dollsbook is an underdog at this time, and that is just fine by me. It’s up to the users here to post quality content, and have knowledge that is just not ‘hearsay’

On another note, I did contact Rifrano for spare TPE, the man was honest enough to tell me the color of my doll they no longer have available. He could have sold me anything if they were an “evil” company.  This is when I got jumped on when I posted I was seeking TPE on the other place. “I can help you” they said. lol… Since I’ve helped myself.

Because my gut told me it would be a lost cause, and waste of money.

Matching colors over a computer is difficult. Camera/display settings etc. All the nonsense of Jinsan TPE and all other brands being best?…. ok..

Who sources the raw pellets for these brands? Doubtful anyone can answer that.  Probably just a source all companies use.

Just more branding loyalty.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.