Register Forums CrazyCajun Memorial Dollspital DollTech R&D Ward Acetone Meets Cheap TPE

1 voice, 0 replies
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

RGC_LuLu
      Participant
      • Posts 54
      @RGC67

This is a chunk of cheap TPE from a crappy horrible sex toy purchased from Amazon over 2 years ago. A question was put forth on dollsbook here if Acetone can be used to remove finger nails. In this test we soaked TPE in Acetone for about 7 hours. It did not eat it up or dissolve it. I figured maybe it would alter the properties of it by drying it out. But it did not.

I crazy glued a guitar pick on part of the chunk. After having it sit for maybe a week it just peeled off with no effort. Some of the glue did stay behind on the TPE though.

Also, put a sizeable blob of crazy glue just on its own on the surface. Of course it went crusty after a week.

Put acetone over the glue, within a minute or two was able to lift it right off mostly. Does not do serious damage to TPE. Applying and removing nails multiple times can get finger tips beat up a bit. Can smooth them over with heat if desired.

This was acetone purchased at hardware store. Possibly the acetone based nail polish remover can work successfully too. I use the eyelash glue for lashes. So using crazy glue for lashes can be tricky and much more chance of doing some damage to material over time. Warmer environments can cause the lashes applied with eyelash glue to come off. But that’s not a big deal.

The cut up bits on right that were soaked in acetone look and feel the same before being soaked in it. So it does not do any real serious damage.

Just a small test to see what acetone can do to TPE. And if it can be helpful in some way. In very small amount, sure it can 🙂

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.