Register Forums CrazyCajun Memorial Dollspital Cleaning question

3 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  RGC_LuLu 1 week, 2 days ago
  • Author

Scott
    Participant
    • Posts 3
    @Bcupsforme

Hope this is the correct place for this.

Has anyone tried cleaning their doll with fast orange smooth, the one without pumice

Julia Jameson
    • Posts 209
    @DonKeydick

I don’t know of anyone trying that. Be very careful using anything that might damage your new companion. If you are daring enough to try it only try it on a very small area first to see if it has any bad side effects. There is plenty of good info on different cleaning products and methods in this forum. There is no universal clean all when it comes to finding a particular product, best bet is careful experimentation until you find what works best for you. For the first few cleanings a mild soap and water would be best then as the impurities from the molding process come to the surface you may need something stronger. It is a process that takes time and just needs a little patience until you find a method that works best. After a while you have to balance cleaning and oiling to the actual needs of your particular situation, too much can be as bad or worse than not enough when it comes to cleaning products and oiling.

"Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions." unknown

The unofficial Mayor of the Dollyverse always "Making DollsBook Great"

Scott
    Participant
    • Posts 3
    @Bcupsforme

Thanks for the information.

update, fast orange wipes do absolutely nothing

RGC_LuLu
    Participant
    • Posts 20
    @RGC67

Hope this is the correct place for this. Has anyone tried cleaning their doll with fast orange smooth, the one without pumice

I have used hand cleaner without the pumice. To try to remove a tiny stain. Did no damage. Did not remove the stain either. 🙂

Soap, hot water and sponge clean pretty good. Does not pick up all the little clumps of dirt that form. A light swipe/wipe of a mineral oil will help to do that every so often. I do not saturate her in mineral/baby oils. I firmly believe this can be the culprit for stronger possibility of staining if she is left in dark garments for long periods. I keep LuLu naked 99% of the time and she is yet to get any real serious staining.

Mineral oil wipe every 4+ months and she is just as good as she was when unboxed. ( And she is of “inferior” TPE, so the brand minions proclaim) hahhaha

all good!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.