Register Forums CrazyCajun Memorial Dollspital DollTech R&D Ward Connection Broke #3 (third repair is the charm?)

5 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  RGC_LuLu 1 week ago
  • Author

RainKing
    Keymaster
    • Posts 85
    @rainking

Ok, i am at my limit… 1 more time I will attempt to repair Chloe’s head connection. again, the epoxy broke.

I am wondering… if this does not work, i have another Jinsan head that does not match, neck connection is good. I could do a “face transplant”  LOL shades of “Face Off ” movie!!!

I am wondering what i could use to bond the TPE to the resin head mold. I do not want a “mask on look”

That is this time when i fix it I am caking on the Quicksteel puddy. Going to make a dome/pocket over it with a wide base, and will use some coarse grit sand paper to give me some traction to grip on the inside.  could help that the inside is bell shaped.

Fantastic Plastic
    Participant
    • Posts 21
    @FantasticPlastic

The correct product would be Polyester Monomer Resin, that’s the resin used in fiberglass.

A marine shop supply would be one source.

RGC_LuLu
    Participant
    • Posts 28
    @RGC67

Epoxy does have some brittle about it.

Long strand fiberglass resin with hardener may be a better bet. Or even the liquid fiberglass. (that stuff is sticky nasty)

Crazy glue some fiberglass mesh to the base, and build fiberglass up from it?  Just some ideas anyway.

I heard a light crunch when I moved Lu’s head a while ago, so I may be dealing with this issue too @rainking 🙂 I never did look to see if I did break it lol

RainKing
    Keymaster
    • Posts 85
    @rainking

I can actually get that at wally world prob. or my local auto parts store.. fiberglass patch.. basically u get a woven cloth u cut to fit then ad the sticky goo glue/resin to it.. durrrp I have not idea why i didn’t think of that already!!

/me facepalms!

Thanks guys.

yeah RGC, the xy and toul alternatives may work for a purpose, but not the purpose you or we are looking for.

MrVitalic
    Participant
    • Posts 3
    @MrVitalic

Whoah what happen ?

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  MrVitalic.

RGC_LuLu
      Participant
      • Posts 28
      @RGC67

Whoah what happen ?

@mrvitalic, A while ago @rainking broke the base of the head where the female thread end of it cracked away from the resin. A good tip when adjusting head is to do so by using the neck rather than the head.

The resin used to form the skull is just thin fiberglass and it can break quite easily. There have been situations where dolly takes a tumble and breaks her head 🙂 Almost happened to LuAnne. but I caught her in time lol

@rainking can probably fix it by rebuilding it back up in light layers of fiberglass. Securing the female thread back onto the skull. Hope so!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.