Register Forums Off Topic Forums *NSFW* Formula 1 2019 World Championship, Any fans out there?

7 replies, 2 voices Last updated by (Mod) Don Keydick 4 years, 10 months ago
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Hello to any and all interested in the 2019 Formula 1 world championship. Besides myself and Dutch Dance Maniac are there any other fans out there? Sunday was the first race of 21 this season and it was from Australia. It seems like business as usual at Mercedes except for Bottas just stomping Hamilton from the first lap on to the checkered flag. Max Verstappen finished a strong third and could have possibly got second in the suddenly powerful and reliable Honda powered Red Bull. I knew it was only a matter of time for Honda to get it right. Their history in F1 is outstanding and anything less than podiums and wins will not do. Ferrari was a big disappointment to me after all the promise shown in pre season testing. They still need more speed to catch up to the Mercs and may even fall into the clutches of Red Bull more often. I know, it is hard to say after just one round if they are really that far behind Mercedes, I certainly hope not. The new rules changes should really come into play more at the next round and we should see lots more overtaking. Overall the entire field was pretty close after qualifying except for Williams and one McLaren who seem but thin shadows of their former mighty selves team wise. Good speed in Quali from the Haas boys. I am rooting for them as the only American connection in F1 they just need a good American driver to move up into the team. Renault must have been pushing the limits some to break in round 1, too bad for Ricciardo and after that weird start line incident that took off his front wing. Cut that grass strip down or remove it completely already, he was barely on it and it broke the wing off. The rest of the mid pack teams are all looking pretty good too and I really like the way the cars look with their bigger front and rear wings.

On a personal note I am really tired of Hamilton winning all the time and hope that if no other team can step up and challenge at least Bottas can keep kicking his ass on track like he did Sunday. This is the most focused he has been in his career and he is a real threat to de-throne Hamilton this year. Can’t wait for round 2 at Bahrain.

"A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man" Ulysses Everett McGill
      That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

I was just too disappointed after Round 2 in Bahrain to post anything. It looked like Charles Leclerc driving for Ferrari was a shoe in to win when something happened with the electronics dropping him to finish third not far ahead of Max Verstappen. Mercedes wins and finishes one two again just reversed from Australia. At least Bottas retains the championship lead by one point, the point he got in Australia for running the fastest lap during the race. This is new for this season, the single point for fastest race lap, and I like it.  I am watching practice from China as I type this and can’t wait for qualifying tomorrow and the race on Sunday.

"A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man" Ulysses Everett McGill
      That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

My girls and I are already waiting for sunday……

Go Max !!! Go Max !!! Go Max !!!

Have a nice Weekend doll Friends around the world.

As always take good care of yourself and your loved ones.:D

Greetings from the Netherlands, DDM, Timea, Daisy & Mariëlle. 🙂

However Unreal This May Be, We Are Connected.... You And I.
      We Are On The Same Curve, Point Of All Is:
      We Share The Same Secret .... We Love Our Doll (s) And Our LifeStyle.
      That Makes Us Who We Really Are....... Pure, Loving and Caring...... Welcome Into Our World.

Life Is Like A Never Ending Dance, Let The Music Play !!!

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Awesome DDM! My girls are ready too, Of course since Gabby and Tracie are Italian by birth they are natural born Tifosi but I have been a Ferrari fanatic forever and so has Julia. We will pull for Max to finish on the podium too. Anybody but Hamilton. At least Bottas got pole so maybe he will beat Lewis.

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Well fans Mercedes does it again. After qualifying they had another front row lockout but with Bottas on pole, if only barely. Hamilton got the jump on him at the start and never looked back. Ferrari are still not showing enough race pace to give Mercedes a serious challenge but Vettel did finish third for his first podium of the season. Max Verstappen and Red Bull are still best of the rest and another fourth place finish  is good for him. Three races, three first and seconds for Mercedes, can anyone step up to beat  them in a straight fight?

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

I am getting ready to sit down and watch free practices one and two from Azerbaijan for round four of the 2019 Formula 1 World Championship. I like to watch all the sessions from each weekend, basically I want to see every minute that cars are on track. I usually watch the Skysports F1 coverage and like the way they handle it. Around 1990 when I first started watching every F1 race Bob Varsha and David Hobbes were they two main commentators on the ESPN broadcasts and I always liked their coverage and knowledge of the sport. Now I really like the Skysports team and many of the driver commentators I well remember from when they were actively with a team. Anyway hoping for a good result from Ferrari, they really need one and hoping Max can get another podium. Julia has become a big Leclerc fan and she kind of turned one of my shirts into a sort of dress to show her support.

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Well I just don’t know how they keep doing it. Every time it looks like someone else might have the edge Mercedes cranks it up to 11 and locks out the front row in qually and finishes one two yet again for the perfect record to start the season. At least Bottas beat Hamilton to retake the lead in the World Championship again by the one point he got for fastest lap back in Australia. Those points for fastest lap could be crucial at the end of the season. The speed that Leclerc showed in qually before crashing might have been enough for pole and his race pace was really fast so Ferrari are showing some promise with Vettel getting a podium finish. Red Bull was showing some good pace too with both drivers and Honda seems to have stepped up the power for them. On to the European rounds next and a bunch of upgrades for everyone should hopefully tighten up the field some.

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

I just watched qualifying for the Monaco Grand Prix and please tell me when someone will beat Mercedes. I am not a Hamilton fan and at least Bottas has been keeping him honest so far but man where does he pull out those magic laps from that got him pole. I can only hope that Max will give them hell since it looks like Ferrari tactical errors cost Leclerc a shot at Q2 much less Q3 and a pole and then Vettel keeps making driving mistakes in trying to push too hard to beat Mercedes. It is hard to be a Ferrari fan when the team keep getting it wrong.

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.