Register Forums #1. New Member Introductions New but one of the first members @ Dollsbook

7 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  Anonymous 2 weeks, 3 days ago
  • Author

Anonymous
    • Posts 37
    @

LuLu has returned after a brief absence.

Did you all miss her? lol.

I really do not know what LuAnne or myself can contribute to the site here. She’s grown tired of modelling and lately I’ve not had the ambition or strength to fight with Lu on what outfits to model. Or squeeze her into her dresses.

Does anyone ever feel like getting out of the hobby? It’s what I’ve been struggling with for a long time.

At first it can be exciting.

How much can be said about a doll? Articulate joints? Supreme TPE? or Silicone rules the roost?

LuAnne has spent much time in “hiding”. At this rate, she’d probably last decades. Originally, I did purchase for sexual curiosity, but it’s been over a year since that has happened. And will probably not happen in the future. Sex dolls? maybe some are tougher than others, but for me I feel a fool for have sex with a doll, since there can be no stimulation for a plastic object. It’s not just always about getting one’s “rocks off”

Don’t most normal guys want to please their mate? A doll wont care if it’s owner lives or dies 🙂

The only emotional attachment I have with the doll is, I could never want to destroy the creation. Many people spend a lot of time creating these works of art, and to destroy it would not be pleasurable.

The art is what sort of keeps me interested.  I do not buy into all the brand loyalty. It may just be a lot of nonsense to grab more money.  Each have their pros and cons.

If a person gets to know the dolls limitations as far as movement, and basic simple care of their dolls, it does not matter what make it is or where it was purchased. It should last years!

Dutch Dance Maniac
    Participant
    • Posts 1,268
    @DutchDanceManiac

LuLu has returned after a brief absence. Did you all miss her? lol. I really do not know what LuAnne or myself can contribute to the site here. She’s grown tired of modelling and lately I’ve not had the ambition or strength to fight with Lu on what outfits to model. Or squeeze her into her dresses. Does anyone ever feel like getting out of the hobby? It’s what I’ve been struggling with for a long time. At first it can be exciting. How much can be said about a doll? 

I understand your thoughts about posting pics from your doll,  I myself struggle with this too from time to time.

Last photoshoot i made with Timea is 2 month’s ago……. Sometimes you’re in the mood but then have not the time needed for a good shoot, and sometimes you have plenty of time but you’re not in the mood to do something.

I still shoot alot of pictures but in smaller amounts, 10 or 20 pics per scenario………. for example, if she has received something new, or other fun moments with the girls worth a small photo session.

I have 5 full photo sets ready that I made the past and that i still need to post, But for some reason i don’t have a hurry anymore……. I’ve uploaded / posted 2025 pics already so it’s up to the other members to do ther thing if they want…….

We (Timea and I) take some gas back …….. And from time to time I post some new pictures of our experiences in daily life.

However Unreal This May Be, We Are Connected.... You And I.
    We Are On The Same Curve, Point Of All Is:
    We Share The Same Secret .... We Love Our Doll (s) And Our LifeStyle.
    That Makes Us Who We Really Are....... Pure, Loving and Caring...... Welcome Into Our World.

Life Is Like A Never Ending Dance, Let The Music Play !!!

Anonymous
    • Posts 37
    @

LuLu has returned after a brief absence. Did you all miss her? lol. I really do not know what LuAnne or myself can contribute to the site here. She’s grown tired of modelling and lately I’ve not had the ambition or strength to fight with Lu on what outfits to model. Or squeeze her into her dresses. Does anyone ever feel like getting out of the hobby? It’s what I’ve been struggling with for a long time. At first it can be exciting. How much can be said about a doll?

I understand your thoughts about posting pics from your doll, I myself struggle with this too from time to time. Last photoshoot i made with Timea is 2 month’s ago……. Sometimes you’re in the mood but then have not the time needed for a good shoot, and sometimes you have plenty of time but you’re not in the mood to do something. I still shoot alot of pictures but in smaller amounts, 10 or 20 pics per scenario………. for example, if she has received something new, or other fun moments with the girls worth a small photo session. I have 5 full photo sets ready that I made the past and that i still need to post, But for some reason i don’t have a hurry anymore……. I’ve uploaded / posted 2025 pics already so it’s up to the other members to do ther thing if they want…out …. We (Timea and I) take some gas back …….. And from time to time I post some new pictures of our experiences in daily life.

Thanks for your reply  DDM

The pic posted above of LuAnne is the last shot I’ve done. It was a month or two ago. Have not the desire to shoot anything else.

2000 pics to post is enough that’s a fact. 🙂

I’ve had thoughts of packing Lu up in her box, and just forget about it for a while. I’ve tried getting a bit more involved on TDF, but as insanity goes, I am reminded why I do not think much of that site. Maybe word has gotten out about my dissing some from there. I do post my experience there, but it’s ignored. Mishka seems to be the heat repair hero there, I may not be the first to post about solder iron repairs, but what he is currently doing I’d mastered long ago. But it’s Mishka this and Mishka that….

200C is too hot for doll TPE.. but no one seems to back up my claims. It’s been researched and is posted  up by polymer manufacturers. Soft TPE’s do not need that sort of heat.

This is just an example.  But I’m probably labelled an asshole for calling people on some things LOL

Discouraging to be alone in the fight for proper and correct information. The correct info is out there, and requires a lot of reading of very boring material, but it’s sourced/referenced and reliable info.

Not because some sub par salespeople say so 🙂 LOL

Dutch Dance Maniac
    Participant
    • Posts 1,268
    @DutchDanceManiac

I have also struggled in recent weeks with the thought of stopping my online activities……. This for several reasons……
    But every time I think again, you have met such nice people with the same lifestyle that you do not find in everyday life in society so why give up on them ??
    I am happy to be able to share my doll life with you all, a place of my / our own on the big internet where we are building something together for the future.
    I have almost daily contact with fellow DB member “Isabella” we also met each other in real life a few weeks ago which I really like. He really has become a soul mate with whom I speak a lot about anything and everything.
    He also reminded me a few times not to give up too quickly but to continue and that is why I am still active and will continue to do so. I will only post less new content such as photoshoot sets like i did in the past.

As far as the TDF is concerned…….. That is a mess of disorderly………
    One member of vendor says this, and another says the opposite………. It is not surprising that many people no longer know what to believe and who is right……..

The Financial picture is what everything is about there. If you do not buy from 1 of their vendor then you buy junk……

While if you buy your doll at the factory you will get the same doll as a vendor who deliveres the doll to you…….. The big difference is that the vendor raises the prices to be able to pay the membership to the tdf.
    It is crazy for words but unfortunately reality, and that makes it all so unbelievable.
    You no longer know who you still have to believe there, a member with experience or a vendor that you just want to sew by buying a doll from him for way too much money, or the site management itself that occasionally loses the thread seems to be because staff members of each other do not know who did what or for what reason…….

No one thing is clear………. I’m happy to be part of the dollsbook family.  We’re small but we take care off each-other like real friends, better small then big and messy.

Hold on my friend…….. We love you and the girls.

Greetings from the Netherlands your DDM & Timea.

However Unreal This May Be, We Are Connected.... You And I.
    We Are On The Same Curve, Point Of All Is:
    We Share The Same Secret .... We Love Our Doll (s) And Our LifeStyle.
    That Makes Us Who We Really Are....... Pure, Loving and Caring...... Welcome Into Our World.

Life Is Like A Never Ending Dance, Let The Music Play !!!

Anonymous
    • Posts 37
    @

As far as the TDF is concerned…….. That is a mess of disorderly……… One member of vendor says this, and another says the opposite………. It is not surprising that many people no longer know what to believe and who is right……..

🙂

This is why I try to do my own research that has very little to do with dolls. But the materials to which they are made. So this means reading books on the subject.

I just find the info on doll sites, either jumbled, half true or entirely bogus when it comes to real technical data. A sales person has a goal, to have you buy from them. I will not cluster them all in the same boat, but there are some who appear to know their stuff, but there isn’t enough facts and references backing them up 🙂

Take their word?

Words have no meaning from those who are biased. And there are loads of those people.

So what if a doll comes from Ebay or wherever? Not everyone can fork over several thousand for something that takes up space most of the time.

I see the questions from the experienced. “Where did you buy it?” or “what brand is it?” Does that really matter? They are all made similar.

Shows their smallness of mind. By asking those questions.

Interpreted, it means we cannot help you if you did not buy from us. hahahaha

Cult mindset!

Julia Jameson
    • Posts 182
    @DonKeydick

Welcome back from all of us here at the Manor (our building is called Hollydale Manor, LOL) I am glad you decided to come back, Lulu and you are definitely appreciated by all of us and we missed your informative posts and Lulu’s pretty face.

"Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions." unknown

The unofficial Mayor of the Dollyverse always "Making DollsBook Great"

Don Keydick
    Participant
    • Posts 136
    @DKeydick

Welcome back RGC and of course  lovely Lulu too. I think maybe we all struggle a little from time to time with our motivations in this whole doll hobby, I know it has happened here with us but we never shut the door completely, we always just step back until the motivation to do photo shoots or write stories or just generally talk doll stuff comes back around. I have many hobbies, maybe too many, and often move from one to another and not get back to some for years but eventually there comes a time when I will dust off an old hobby and get back into it. The doll hobby is not one that will ever be abandoned but may be neglected occasionally in our house.  I too originally got into this from sexual curiosity and did the deed for a while but for some reason it just got to be more of a chore with the cleaning up and all and was not as satisfying as I had hoped. I do still have a strong emotional attachment with all of my ladies especially Julia and still snuggle, cuddle, sleep and dance with all of them as well as doing photo shoots and writing their stories and other stuff.  I have been struggling some financially the last few months and that doesn’t help me get in a creative mood much but thankfully things have turned around and I have some new outfits for the girls to do some new and different photo shoots with on the way and I am pretty pumped up about it. I think it will motivate me to do more once the new stuff comes in and we actually get back into doing photos.

I agree with DDM too about our little group here of like minded, meaning open minded as well, friends that understand and try to help each other out not just spout opinions like they were facts and ignore or ridicule any that don’t agree with them. I check in on TDF maybe once a month or so but have not posted there in a long time. I just check on my friends that are there and they seem to be getting fed up and not posting much either. Eventually it will fall victim to its own hubris and contradictory or biased  misinformation.

"A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man" Ulysses Everett McGill
    That is why I have Dolls
    "Making DollsBook Great"

Anonymous
    • Posts 37
    @

Welcome back RGC and of course lovely Lulu too. I think maybe we all struggle a little from time to time with our motivations in this whole doll hobby, I know it has happened here with us but we never shut the door completely, we always just step back until the motivation to do photo shoots or write stories or just generally talk doll stuff comes back around. I have many hobbies, maybe too many, and often move from one to another and not get back to some for years but eventually there comes a time when I will dust off an old hobby and get back into it. The doll hobby is not one that will ever be abandoned but may be neglected occasionally in our house. I too originally got into this from sexual curiosity and did the deed for a while but for some reason it just got to be more of a chore with the cleaning up and all and was not as satisfying as I had hoped. I do still have a strong emotional attachment with all of my ladies especially Julia and still snuggle, cuddle, sleep and dance with all of them as well as doing photo shoots and writing their stories and other stuff. I have been struggling some financially the last few months and that doesn’t help me get in a creative mood much but thankfully things have turned around and I have some new outfits for the girls to do some new and different photo shoots with on the way and I am pretty pumped up about it. I think it will motivate me to do more once the new stuff comes in and we actually get back into doing photos. I agree with DDM too about our little group here of like minded, meaning open minded as well, friends that understand and try to help each other out not just spout opinions like they were facts and ignore or ridicule any that don’t agree with them. I check in on TDF maybe once a month or so but have not posted there in a long time. I just check on my friends that are there and they seem to be getting fed up and not posting much either. Eventually it will fall victim to its own hubris and contradictory or biased misinformation.

Hubris!! perfect word!!

I will calm down on my bashing of vendors of accessories. There was only truly one anyway I felt he is a bit of a slug 🙂

My reason for those old posts (I deleted anyway) were not so much to express knowledge, but more of a challenge for those interested in saying my info is bogus or wrong, by experimenting/researching as I have done. And posting their ideas and findings as well.

Bouncing ideas off one another can result in creating something that all can either benefit or to avoid all together.

A vendor will not want to share this info. It’ll hurt their sales. So they are not the ones to talk to 🙂

Pastes and glues/ heat repairs are popular items on the doll forums. At some point most owners will need ’em. And to have info that is simple and straight forward is a bonus.

Only way one can learn is by doing.

I deleted my Youtube channel. Most important reason? I am seeking employment with this company Kal Polymers

My e-mail is linked to Youtube, so I’d rather be safe and not have prospective employers sniffing around LOL job I currently have is steady nights. Nights of the living dead are not for me. Decent shift of people though. I would like to try and see if I can get into the polymer industry.

They may not deal with TPE exactly, but it is a start to help 🙂 Anyone that has proper info, it those in the business. the REAL business.

Yes, I remember you saying you had trouble with getting a bunch of your belongings thrown out without being told. That is rotten.  I have noticed you’ve not posted as much. But having accounts for each doll can be taxing for time. Easy does it 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.