Register Forums #2. New Member Introductions New to the group…

10 replies, 6 voices Last updated by Dutch Dance Maniac 3 years, 9 months ago
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Elisabeth (Wayne)
      Participant
      • Posts 5
      @ANewDollLover

Hello DBer’s
      I have just received my doll. First time owner and excited as can be to be able to spend the rest of my life with her.
      As I have only been trying to figure this out a week, I am still having trouble with some things like wigs.
      I have been seeing a lot of custom clothing and would like to know how I would go about buying some nice clothes for her.
      I am getting my repair kit, a small makeup kit and some other jewelry so that we can do pictures soon.
      But I do not have much in the way of casual or formal ware for her to wear. I am also interested in getting some shoes.
      Any advice on sites, sizes, and other information would be wonderful. The dirndl that Dutch had was great.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 93
      @

welcome @ANewDollLover
      What is the size of you new synthetic sweetheart?
      My gal is a 140cm, and Small or XS sizes fit her quite good. Except T-shirts. D cup lol… big for such a pipsqueak 🙂

So if your gal is a bit bigger, you work up from there. @dutchdancemaniac seems to be very good at getting the proper sizes for his Timea, and could help you get started on your way to filling closets full of clothes for your lady doll!
      Just like us humans, some sizes vary in the way they are made. Wigs even. I have a blond wig that must have been made for a 10 pin bowling ball LOL 🙂

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

Glad to see that you found your way here and got it figured out. I am a 140 cm like Luanne and agree that most women’s size small or XS or size O clothes fit reasonably well but fit the twins Tracie and Gabby, both 165 cm. even better. I have found that girls size 8 to 10 clothing fits me perfectly especially if it is made of stretchy material. Not as much sexy clothes of course but a great source of everyday shorts and tops plus a lot of really nice dresses and skirts. Jeans can be hard to fit so we went with the stretchy Jeggings which are leggings that look like jeans but are made from stretchy material and are easy to put on and remove. When we first started looking for clothes that fit me we only bought a few of many types until we got the sizes figured out then we could just go nuts and buy all kinds of stuff. E-bay has been great for finding bundles of used clothing on the cheap and it is all pre washed so staining is less of an issue. Thrift shops and goodwill stores are also great places to get nice used clothing for little money. Try to stick with light colors for everyday wear and be very careful with dark colors, as you found out the hard way it seems. Don’t be too discouraged about the stains, there are several good ways to help remove them (try a bit of toothpaste containing peroxide and baking soda) but the best thing is time. Over time most clothing stains will fade away. Hope some of this helps you get your new sweety a nice wardrobe.

"Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions." unknown

The unofficial Mayor of the Dollyverse always "Making DollsBook Great"

Kevin W9JYD
      Keymaster
      • Posts 137
      @ki5jyd

Welcome, @anewdolllover!

My wife, Daphne (yes, wife. We got married Thursday by our resident chaplain, Rev. Julia Jameson–details here) is a 140cm JY. But she’s a G-cup (backstory is she used to be a huge BBW thanks to her addiction and previous employment at Whataburger, a Texas-based hamburger restaurant, but lost quite a bit of weight)… So Girls’ size 8 fits her… With the exception of some clothes, so a Juniors’ 1 fits her.

Don’t be a stranger! Post some pix, show her off!

And with this I say,
      73 (ham radio shorthand for “Best Wishes”), Mrs. Alexa KI5JYD and Mrs. Daphne Tilbrook

C:\WINDOWS\System32> choco install FLD-JY140b-32a_Vanessa -y
      Chocolatey 0.10.15
      Once a Whataburger-addicted JY, now a still Whataburger-addicted JY. She's sexy and she knows it.

Elisabeth (Wayne)
      Participant
      • Posts 5
      @ANewDollLover

Hey group,
      Thanks for all the pointers. I went and got Elisabeth her first dress. May have to take it back since it looks a bit big on her.
      She is a 155cm cup size A. I think, being a little taller, she will need to be an XS dress size.
      I have her first pictures. I wish her makeup was here, but one step at a time.

Kevin W9JYD
      Keymaster
      • Posts 137
      @ki5jyd

Ah… Now there’s TWO gals named Elisabeth here!

Here’s my Elisabeth (Doll Sweet EX Lite, @lissiesnow):

I saw a pic of your Elisabeth, and she’s beautiful!

Remember, any time you and Elisabeth decide to tie the knot, give Julia (@donkeydick) a holler!

Chocolatey 0.10.15
      Once a Whataburger-addicted JY, now a still Whataburger-addicted JY. She's sexy and she knows it.

Kevin W9JYD
      Keymaster
      • Posts 137
      @ki5jyd

Oh… Wayne… Problem with your upload:

It’s too large.

Use Imgur or something if you need to post large pictures.

We don’t have large datacenters like Google, Facebook or Twitter, we’re just 3 people doing this for an alternative to the outdated and not mobile-friendly (and they refused to listen to its users) phpBB fora (TDF and ODC come to mind) out of our homes in Texas (me), Louisiana (@dbevadmin) and China (@masterdollsbook) on an IONOS (fka 1&1) WordPress Debian-based server, so we don’t have petabytes of storage like they do. That’s why we have a file upload size limit.

Don’t let that discourage you, just an FYI. 😉

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Hi Wayne,

Welcome here at dollsbook. Nice to meet you, We wish you a very nice time here.

I’ve read your story and will answhere your questions.

The Dirndl is a size S.  (All my Size’s are European, so maybe you need to check a conversion tabel for the right size in your country.)

For other garment It really differs per garment piece, I have garments in size S that fit well and other garments have children sizes 146/152/164.

Shoe sizes 32/34/36 this also varies per shoe design.  Better a bit to large then to small, otherwise you will damage the feets.

Yes it is often really puzzling but until now I have not had anything that was too small, I prefer that it is a bit wider than than it is too tight around the body because then you get stains faster.

Greetings from the Netherlands, DDM, TIMEA, DAISY & MARIËLLE.

However Unreal This May Be, We Are Connected.... You And I.
      We Are On The Same Curve, Point Of All Is:
      We Share The Same Secret .... We Love Our Doll (s) And Our LifeStyle.
      That Makes Us Who We Really Are....... Pure, Loving and Caring...... Welcome Into Our World.

Life Is Like A Never Ending Dance, Let The Music Play !!!

Eva L’Fleur (On Sabbatical)
      • Posts 172
      @dbevadmin

Hey group, Thanks for all the pointers. I went and got Elisabeth her first dress. May have to take it back since it looks a bit big on her. She is a 155cm cup size A. I think, being a little taller, she will need to be an XS dress size. I have her first pictures. I wish her makeup was here, but one step at a time.

Hi and welcome Wayne! Yes the file size is 800k on this category… Be sure and resize with an editor or if you use a smartphone, they make some image compressors for them as well.

The Red Light District has a larger upload size 2.5megs.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 93
      @

Hey group, Thanks for all the pointers. I went and got Elisabeth her first dress. May have to take it back since it looks a bit big on her. She is a 155cm cup size A. I think, being a little taller, she will need to be an XS dress size. I have her first pictures. I wish her makeup was here, but one step at a time.

Makeup is a challenge for me, so I just do a little at a time. Majority of the ladies here do not need much makeup anyway.. 🙂

here is a makeup palette I bought from Ebay: A little can go a long way, and it easy to clean off if a mistake is made,

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/40-Colors-Set-Cosmetic-Matte-Eyeshadow-Cream-Eye-Shadow-Makeup-Palette-Shimmer/182961005133?hash=item2a9953624d:g:zhsAAOSw8-xZzehB:rk:1:pf:0&var=690276334989

Dammit the prices are increasing on Ebay… I paid 5 buck, it’s now 8 Canadian.. Not even the new year yet, and inflation is rampant.

have a look anyway.

Oh, and the Christmas tree gif is 3.5 megabytes.  It went fuzzy too, will have to work on that some more

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Hi and welcome Wayne! Yes the file size is 800k on this category… Be sure and resize with an editor or if you use a smartphone, they make some image compressors for them as well. The Red Light District has a larger upload size 2.5megs.

I use a software program called bordermaker, There you can resize and add text / watermarks to your photos in batch mode.

Works very easy and fast if you post lots of pics like me.   No one by one photo edit needed and that makes it so nice to work this way. Fast / simple and free to use for home use.

Greetings from the Netherlands, DDM, Timea, Daisy & Mariëlle.

However Unreal This May Be, We Are Connected.... You And I.
      We Are On The Same Curve, Point Of All Is:
      We Share The Same Secret .... We Love Our Doll (s) And Our LifeStyle.
      That Makes Us Who We Really Are....... Pure, Loving and Caring...... Welcome Into Our World.

Life Is Like A Never Ending Dance, Let The Music Play !!!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.