2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by RGC_LuLu 1 year, 1 month ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

RGC_LuLu
      Participant
      • Posts 54
      @RGC67

Did some reading about certain over the counter products used in doll care. On a popular forum 🙂 A vendor and his newly wed guide posted as a sticky. (2017)

My experience differs and reading on other sites selling sex toys that sort of contradict some of the advice given. I suppose disclaimers should be mentioned any time one is advised 🙂

Using vaseline as a lube? I have done this with sex toys, and they eventually did get wrecked. Split and broken see the thread https://dollsbook.com/forums/topic/jinsan-tpe-tpr-filler-paste-adhesive/

This shows the damage by using an oil/petroleum based lubricant with TPE. These were reputable brands. (US based companies) and not some unbranded TPE. Since using an entire water based lubricant, these toys have not suffered any further damage. Since being repaired with “questionable, unapproved” methods. Coincidence? 🙂

Just using a watered down soapy solution will work for lube. No need for fancy stuff sold by vendors 🙂

Nivea creme?

It’s is meant for human skin. Not plastic moisturizer. It may have caused Lu’s groin to dry prematurely. Since I did use it on all areas where there is movement. Knees, elbows. it did not seem to help retain moisture on my doll. Possibly, just the opposite.?

I did use a whole can of Nivea on my dry and cracked heels on my feet. And it did not make it any better. In fact , it seemed to make them worse. 🙂 I’d suggest you not use this stuff on your doll.

Now there are those that will say I got my doll from an unreliable source, and it’s “cheap TPE” .  piss poor arguments showing some sort of bias? 🙂 Those toys that got wrecked were supposedly not a cheap material.

The newlywed guide says to wash your new doll 5 or 6 times, then once dry apply baby/mineral oil.  No wonder many dolls stain so easily. Oil saturation. I’d actually suggest you do not oil or powder in the first couple weeks. TPE is porous, so let it breathe some before plugging the pores with oil and powders. Just using logic here. I rarely oil or even powder very often, and her skin is not very sticky. Over time the sticky and the scent (if any) will fade considerably. But a light dust of powder will help clothing from dragging as you get her dressed up.

But for me, Nivea and vaseline, I’ll not use them again. And will apply mineral oil every 3 to 4 months. Everything is just fine with this frequency.

Using hydrogen peroxide to prevent bacteria?

Did this with one of the toys, and man did it ever make the thing (Doc Johnson) stink horribly. A quick rinse (not soak) with 99% isopropyl alcohol will do just fine. Then rinse with clean water.  No problems or bad smell left behind.

Some of the advice posted elsewhere has not helped me. Maybe you’ll have different results using these products.

Matthew
      Participant
      • Posts 15
      @MatthewReinke

Thank you for taking the time to share this Rgc_Lulu. Before ordering Half-pint and Grace, I read through a number of articles on how to care for our special girls. But it is always preferable, leastways in my humble opinion to have someone with first-hand knowledge chime in and share what they have learned.

RGC_LuLu
      Participant
      • Posts 54
      @RGC67

Thank you for taking the time to share this Rgc_Lulu. Before ordering Half-pint and Grace, I read through a number of articles on how to care for our special girls. But it is always preferable, leastways in my humble opinion to have someone with first-hand knowledge chime in and share what they have learned.

I suppose if we look at it this way. A mineral oil sold at pharmacy can be ingested in small quantities 🙂 Vaseline cannot.

Another experience with vaseline pertains to car care. I’d bought a Mustang with T-Tops once. The owner said he’d put vaseline on the rubbers seals for the glass tops. It seemed the rubbers were quite soft, becoming brittle. Did not seem as firm as you’d think they should be. Of course over time, and with the sun beating on glass/rubber, they’ll start to break down. Car was about 6 years old at the time when I bought it.  Silicone is probably a better bet to put on rubber. That was posted in the paper in car care for helping to keep door rubbers from sticking too much in ice. seems to work anyway.  But do not apply silicone on TPE. There are so many mixtures of Thermoplastic Elastomers, not all are the same.

Doll TPE is not as resistant to things as what is required for vehicles. Dolly’s do not have to be 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.