You have a few, your hard to keep track of šŸ™‚
      and how did this happen?
      I see a #31…???

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

the original OEM head now seen as Chloe

neck joint was stuck and when I went to move it, crack! the nut is floating around in the head… i am about to try and fish it and reglue it with some loctite epoxy.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

SHe is all fixed now..

was pretty easy after fishing out the nut and positioning it.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 93
      @

the original OEM head now seen as Chloe

neck joint was stuck and when I went to move it, crack! the nut is floating around in the headā€¦ i am about to try and fish it and reglue it with some loctite epoxy.

Thankfully it was a clean break. and no serious damage to the resin.
      You remember the fella that had busted the head seriuosly. when doll fell over.
      smashed it, and cracked it up good.
      In a way I am happy I do not have a standing doll. Sometimes it seems a puff of air would
      topple them over LOL
      Nice clean work you did too!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

ack it came loose again… need plan B

formulating….. poor Chloe… she is all goofy necked looking šŸ˜€

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Ok Update to this repair.

We had to cut into the head shell to access it from inside. As you can see in the photos, it was NOT such a clean break on the inside. When we aligned the broken loose nut in the head, we did not take into account the inside peaks and valleys. SO, that means that the part only was glued on the externals.

See my photo tutorial and where to put the glue as they did in the factory.

Note the break here:

Then the Nut has a groove for the glue…

And then

assembled and then got the epoxy all in the inside of the head bottom to make a good bond, then some on the bottom side.

I am sorry I am missing key photos at this time. I will update this when I get a minute to take the final fix pix.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 56
      @

Good show Rainy and Eva!!

This is more good info.Ā  It looks like you’d made the dremel cut right. Cut on angle so it be can glued back in place. Could even make a little hinged access hatch? šŸ™‚ Ok, we wont be so bold… lol

Lots of resin dust šŸ™‚

More surgery successes posted. A unique post to say the least.

@monamourtoujours
      did suggest in one of his videos to move head forward and back, side to side by grasping on the neck, rather than grasping the head. Good tip.

That will help relieve any force on this nut inside the head.

Always babysitting our dolls, they sure can get themselves into mischief šŸ™‚

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

I think its going to be fine. Let it set up and cure for a week now. last time just a couple days.

But there was not enough coverage.

About the access, may get the old gray tape over it.. Yess… I did not heed Don’s Advice. shame on me!!

I think its going to be all better now!

Will report back anything bad!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 56
      @

I think its going to be fine. Let it set up and cure for a week now. last time just a couple days. But there was not enough coverage. About the access, may get the old gray tape over it.. Yessā€¦ I did not heed Donā€™s Advice. shame on me!! I think its going to be all better now! Will report back anything bad!

Old grey tape…. lolĀ  When all else fails….

Protect your doll by doing this……

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Well, I did find one thing that helped break it… Neck joint is getting stiff and hard to move (hinged neck) ‘Spose i need to lube the joints with some mineral oil.. may loosen up because to move it other than slight adjustments… I feel like I am choking her!! Yikes.

Don Delano- Mon Amour Toujours
      Participant
      • Posts 42
      @MonAmourToujours

When ever using epoxy on metal be sure to rough up the surface with some 80 grit sand paper. This same thing happened to a head I had. I used JB Weld to fix it. If that should ever happen again I will use some of the JB Weld as a base under the bolt to assure it stays steady.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Righto Don,

Roughened it up and cleaned the old glue out.i also did a good avalance coverage on the inside to reinforce the resin area that the neck nut goes into. So far so good, did roughen up after cleaning but not with 80 grit.i did good reinforcement with the backside an the concave bole side as it was cracked as well.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.