Register Forums Bug Reports- Tech Help Reporting bugs, Requesting features

38 replies, 8 voices Last updated by Eva L’Fleur 1 year ago
Viewing 37 reply threads
  • Author

Eva L’Fleur
      Keymaster
      • Posts 175
      @dbevadmin

Please post on this thread what is going on if you have an issue, or would like us to look at adding a new feature.

You will probably like to include a screenshot. so for those of you that use a PC or MAC, please refer to this handy tool call Lightshot.

You can select a portion of the screen by using the assigned hot key (usually PrtSc) and upload it to the cloud and post the link here.
      You will also be able to edit it, with a “pen tool” to mark the concern.

Lightshot for Win/Mac users

For Linux (must have imgur account for upload)

Mobile please use screen cap function

Please give as much detail as possible also.

Thanks!
      Eva

(Admin) Kevin H W9JYD
      Keymaster
      • Posts 149
      @ki5jyd

For Linux users, there is gnome-screenshot, which can be installed by…

Debian/Ubuntu/Linux Mint:
      sudo apt install gnome-screenshot
      (Lubuntu [LXDE] users can use scrot but installing gnome-screenshot is much more useful)
      Red Hat/CentOS/Fedora:
      su -c 'yum install gnome-screenshot'
      su -c 'dnf install gnome-screenshot'
      I haven’t used KDE Plasma in years (KDE 3.5 was the best imho), so I don’t know the KDE equivalent.

Get an account on imgur, too. I’m a Redditor and having an imgur account is necessary there. And here too.

73, KI5JYD

C:\WINDOWS\System32> choco install Daphne_MLD_135_SDH-C22 -y
      Chocolatey 0.10.15
      Once a Whataburger-addicted JY, now a Pizza King-addicted Mistress Love Doll. She's still my JY.

(Admin) Kevin H W9JYD
      Keymaster
      • Posts 149
      @ki5jyd

Dupe post deleted… Thanks for editing my post, @dbevadmin! (Somehow, the mobile version doesn’t allow editing…)

Chocolatey 0.10.15
      Once a Whataburger-addicted JY, now a Pizza King-addicted Mistress Love Doll. She's still my JY.

(Admin) Kevin H W9JYD
      Keymaster
      • Posts 149
      @ki5jyd

And for Android, since Lollipop (5.0):

Press the power and the Volume Down keys simultaneously until you hear the camera click sound and you see the “Screenshot Captured” notification in your status bar.

Then download this awesome (and free [and ad-free]) app from Google Play: Simple Draw to circle the problematic area.

I thought that it had to be said.

iOS users, sorry. I never had an iPhone, so I don’t know how to do it on an iPhone or iPad. My apologies.

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Eva L’Fleur
      Keymaster
      • Posts 175
      @dbevadmin

Thanks for the Clarification on Linux install. I will update the link in the original post.

iOS users will have to use screen cap and post pic or… I am sure there is some app out there in the app store.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 100
      @

I get a 404 error when logging out. Page not found….

Eva L’Fleur
      Keymaster
      • Posts 175
      @dbevadmin

I get a 404 error when logging out. Page not found….

I just logged out and back in and it did not give me any error.
      can you copy and paste the url it is trying to send you to?

We are still working on a few things.
      Thanks for the report!

Eva L’Fleur
      Keymaster
      • Posts 175
      @dbevadmin

*UPDATE* working on a youtube player that is not so huge.

Aware of the long skinny style. need to shorten the black bars.

(Admin) Kevin H W9JYD
      Keymaster
      • Posts 149
      @ki5jyd

@rgc0767… you are referring to this?

It’s a feature, not a bug… I hope. IMHO, that does need to be fixed to redirect to a more friendly page (like what you get when you type in https://dollsbook.com without being logged in), we are still working on it, though. @dbevadmin, what is your feedback on it or any status on it?

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Eva L’Fleur
      Keymaster
      • Posts 175
      @dbevadmin

Dangit Alexa!! This is why we can’t have nice things!! you all keep breaking them!! hee hee Just kidding ya.

I think what happens is since you are not logged in, you can’t view the hidden content, and the page you are supposed to go to is not there.

We’ll be working on it!

***Update*** yes I think it has something to do with the forums being private. I just got same error.

Confirmed!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 100
      @

Last night the 404 was gone.
      and was taken to login page.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 100
      @

One small error. not a big one. Just a spelling error

2 S’s in AS, it says ASS LOL
      Thats all.

small error

Eva L’Fleur
        Keymaster
        • Posts 175
        @dbevadmin

Ahh yes, Alexa told me a mere minutes after seeing that! 😀
        I have since updated the broadcast message also.

Good eye!!

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

Official request to add preview feature before submitting a post. If this exists how can I find it?

"Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions." unknown

The unofficial Mayor of the Dollyverse always "Making DollsBook Great"

Eva L’Fleur
      Keymaster
      • Posts 175
      @dbevadmin

Official request to add preview feature before submitting a post. If this exists how can I find it?

I have been searching for a tool or plug in for that. Preview would be nice. I’m not exactly crazy with the limited ability of bbpress at this point, but it’s all we got. I am still researching. As long as you don’t spam the edit button you should be ok. If u do word fence may kick in as a security measure.
      I may ask Kevin if a diff forum would work with the system. But Bbpress is pretty powerful, but it’s modular, just a matter of finding a good working plugin tool set. Or perhaps the paid version will do it.
      After we get more growth we plan on a lot of add one to it and dolls book. Just bear with us 🙂

Edit: just noticed if on mobile u get no edit, quote, or reply tool links.
      Workaround is to request desktop site.

A lot of some of this may be in the paid version. Of bbpress tools. All about the Benjamins everywhere.

Don Delano- Mon Amour Toujours
      Participant
      • Posts 38
      @MonAmourToujours

I’m trying to start a new thread in the Off Topic section and it’s not allowing me to post or upload a picture.

Eva L’Fleur
      Keymaster
      • Posts 175
      @dbevadmin

I’m trying to start a new thread in the Off Topic section and it’s not allowing me to post or upload a picture.

Hey!!! It’s my match maker!!! I will look into it right away! I have been doing some updates and I hope I did not break something!!

Will report back as soon as I find the issue!

Eva L’Fleur
      Keymaster
      • Posts 175
      @dbevadmin

I have tested on my account (Admin) had RainKing check on his (non-admin)  and using the little Camera button everything went fine. It does post a fingernail version then can be opened in a photo viewer of sorts.

Do remember that there is a file size limit of 800Kb on that forum. Others have been expanded. We are working to normalize this standard so we do not have these issues.

If it is generating a specific error message, or you can get a screen shot of the problem please email it to support@dollsbook.com  And we will follow up and see if there is some kind of bug we have not squashed that is not showing up for us.

Hopefully it was just a file size issue. Right now we do not have a CDN and trying to keep them small where we can so we do not bog down the server.

Please let me know what happens.

Tracie Marie
      Participant
      • Posts 21
      @TracieMarie

Problem posting to forums both replies and new topics with or without photos added. Doesn`t happen all the time but say 1 out of 4 lately (last couple of days) When you press the submit button it spools up like it is posting but then it kicks you to the top of the page you were trying to post to and when you scroll down your attempted post is still in the write mode and not posted and any attachments like photos are gone. Tried saving text and backing out a page or two and coming back pasting text adding pics and press submit and… nothing, back to the top of the page. File size is not the issue or anything bc it will do it with no attachments too.

Dutch Dance Maniac
      • Posts 1,299
      @DutchDanceManiac

Problem posting to forums both replies and new topics with or without photos added. Doesn`t happen all the time but say 1 out of 4 lately (last couple of days) When you press the submit button it spools up like it is posting but then it kicks you to the top of the page you were trying to post to and when you scroll down your attempted post is still in the write mode and not posted and any attachments like photos are gone. Tried saving text and backing out a page or two and coming back pasting text adding pics and press submit and… nothing, back to the top of the page. File size is not the issue or anything bc it will do it with no attachments too.

I have the same problem,  i have reported it here:  https://dollsbook.com/forums/topic/1-minute-posting-rule/#post-2620

There’s something wrong in the forum settings i think……. we need to find out what it is…..

However Unreal This May Be, We Are Connected.... You And I.
      We Are On The Same Curve, Point Of All Is:
      We Share The Same Secret .... We Love Our Doll (s) And Our LifeStyle.
      That Makes Us Who We Really Are....... Pure, Loving and Caring...... Welcome Into Our World.

Life Is Like A Never Ending Dance, Let The Music Play !!!

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 175
      @DKeydick

I am still very much hoping to get a way to post photos from my pc directly into the body of a post or at least be able to upload and insert them inline to facilitate posting pictures with captions in a certain order to tell a story. Doesnt really work with pics as attachments at the bottom.  I guess others are getting around this by posting photos hosted elsewhere and inserting them via the url? If this is the only way to do it for now can you suggest the easiest place to use for the purpose of hosting photos.

"A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man" Ulysses Everett McGill
      That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 100
      @

I am still very much hoping to get a way to post photos from my pc directly into the body of a post or at least be able to upload and insert them inline to facilitate posting pictures with captions in a certain order to tell a story. Doesnt really work with pics as attachments at the bottom. I guess others are getting around this by posting photos hosted elsewhere and inserting them via the url? If this is the only way to do it for now can you suggest the easiest place to use for the purpose of hosting photos.

I am uploading my pics here… not through external server

Using PC with browser right? I have Firefox…

mouse over hover on your profile picture in top right

choose photo’s (I right click open in a new tab)

choose select files

Upload, set a caption etc… once it refreshes page you’ll see your image.

right click on image,  select copy link location.

Then in your message, click on insert image in the top of message editor

dialog box will come up… paste the link you copied from your image in the “source” fill in description…. click ok, and you are done.

5 images to message is max at this time.

Using this is similar to a word processor.

Once you get the hang of it is not so bad….

hopefully it helped @DKeydick

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 175
      @DKeydick

Thanks for the heads up on adding photos RGC. That did the trick for accomplishing what I wanted to do. I am just playing around with it now and found you can skip a step and once you right click an uploaded image you can insert it directly to a post skipping the insert icon on top of page. Just right click on uploaded photo, copy link address and right click in post to paste link address and it is in there. Posted a little photo story in the Dollyverse stories and art section. Thanks again.

Oh and the posting problem seems to be fixed, so far so good.

"A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man" Ulysses Everett McGill
      That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 100
      @

Thanks for the heads up on adding photos RGC. That did the trick for accomplishing what I wanted to do. I am just playing around with it now and found you can skip a step and once you right click an uploaded image you can insert it directly to a post skipping the insert icon on top of page. Just right click on uploaded photo, copy link address and right click in post to paste link address and it is in there. Posted a little photo story in the Dollyverse stories and art section. Thanks again. Oh and the posting problem seems to be fixed, so far so good.

You can also resize the image and shrink it down by dragging the corners of your image . Nice to know the link copy and paste works. It had not for me the first time I had tried it. or maybe I didnt do something right… And YES I LOVED That story!!! fantastic!!

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 175
      @DKeydick

AHH more excellent info on resizing photos. Once we get all of the options figured out for photos maybe we can make a little tutorial so everybody doesn`t have to figure it out on their own. I think it would help encourage more photos to be added if we just make it easy and show em how.

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 100
      @

AHH more excellent info on resizing photos. Once we get all of the options figured out for photos maybe we can make a little tutorial so everybody doesn`t have to figure it out on their own. I think it would help encourage more photos to be added if we just make it easy and show em how.

They are working on the mobile app to make DollsBook in the pocket 🙂 So anything we can do to streamline the site is a bonus.

I’ll work on a tutorial if you wish.  Just a little slide show. I did get an app to create slideshows with images. Not sure if I saved it or not LOL

But can make a pic tutorial

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

For some reason I cannot open the Dollsbook founders topic. I get the 404 error. I know it must work or did work bc others have replied to topic?

"Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions." unknown

The unofficial Mayor of the Dollyverse always "Making DollsBook Great"

Eva L’Fleur
      Keymaster
      • Posts 175
      @dbevadmin

For some reason I cannot open the Dollsbook founders topic. I get the 404 error. I know it must work or did work bc others have replied to topic?

You must be a member of the group. If not you can’t view it.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 100
      @

Just a note. I can view a users group if I’m not logged in. Also, can view their friends list belonging to the group.

Also, without being logged in I can view all activity. site wide. I just go to my browser history and can view what I can view while logged in.

all the Pics DDM posted I can see without logging in. as well as other replies in the activity menu

Dutch Dance Maniac
      • Posts 1,299
      @DutchDanceManiac

Just a note. I can view a users group if I’m not logged in. Also, can view their friends list belonging to the group. Also, without being logged in I can view all activity. site wide. I just go to my browser history and can view what I can view while logged in. all the Pics DDM posted I can see without logging in. as well as other replies in the activity menu

That does not sound good that the door is wide open. 😯

Then we have to be careful with what we say and discuss in public if it is all accesseble without being a member , you know hopefully what I mean by this, our big brother can take a look here about what we discuss about their.

So now only discuss such things via the chat box until the problem is solved !!! 😉

That Makes Us Who We Really Are....... Pure, Loving and Caring...... Welcome Into Our World.

Eva L’Fleur
      Keymaster
      • Posts 175
      @dbevadmin

Well I looked into it all, and whenever we make everything private, it ends up hiding all posts. (As in the problem we had before)

I would say as long as you do not dox yourself or anyone there’s no need to “watch what you say” as long as common etiquette is practiced. You can make your activities set to logged in members only, Everyone, friends only, or me only.

I can try to privatize the forums again but if it loses or hides replies from participant roles, it will have to be set b as ck to public as we never could get an good reason on why it did that from bbpress.

Lock down or public?

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 100
      @

Well I looked into it all, and whenever we make everything private, it ends up hiding all posts. (As in the problem we had before) I would say as long as you do not dox yourself or anyone there’s no need to “watch what you say” as long as common etiquette is practiced. You can make your activities set to logged in members only, Everyone, friends only, or me only. I can try to privatize the forums again but if it loses or hides replies from participant roles, it will have to be set b as ck to public as we never could get an good reason on why it did that from bbpress. Lock down or public?

Most forums can be viewed by not signing up. I browsed around TDF some, then in certain topics, I had to join to view them. Facebook if not signed up, cant view much at all. Can find people, . see their profile pic, that’s about it

If users not interested in signing up, they can still see what’s going on. It could be a ploy for admins to hand over more money to make things more private.

Just thought I’d mention this.

Eva L’Fleur
      Keymaster
      • Posts 175
      @dbevadmin

Ya RGC I agree about some things are and need to be blocked.

bbpress is free at the core and the plugins and feature addons is where the money is at. It also takes some time to do the CSS styling and setup.

I will do a test run on some forum topics and we will try again.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 100
      @

Ya RGC I agree about some things are and need to be blocked. bbpress is free at the core and the plugins and feature addons is where the money is at. It also takes some time to do the CSS styling and setup. I will do a test run on some forum topics and we will try again.

Of course it all takes time. Security is important and should not be rushed or slapped together.

I am looking at learning a bit about After Effects. I was thinking of doing a small animation for Dollsbook. that can be passed around. Already have an idea what I want to do, but just have to learn how it’s done.

Always learning!! That’s been my Mantra in 2018 🙂

Eva L’Fleur
      Keymaster
      • Posts 175
      @dbevadmin

That’s would be great RGC! I tried stuff like that but if it gets more adv. Than windows movie maker I get lost! Lol

Dutch Dance Maniac
      • Posts 1,299
      @DutchDanceManiac

I’m also investigating what the problem,  I have changed the setting in my own group from “This is a public group”  to “This is a private group.”

Then i waited a minute and tested that setting on my mobile phone becouse i’m not logged in on this device on our site,  and after i made that setting change i can’t see any thing in my group becouse you need to be logged in.  “You must login to access the page you requested.”  That is what it say’s.

Now we need some other members to test if they also experience this. They must see a page where they asked to login before content can been seen.

If yes then we have found the problem of a open forum,  then all subforums /groups have the wrong setting. becouse they are a on “This is a public group”.

It is important that they are NOT logged in, otherwise they can see the content as a (group) member. And then we do not know anything yet.
      So to test this, log out and then approach my group and tell  if you see something of content. It works for me, but to be sure we have to be tested by different people.

I can see all the other subforums and all what inside without login,  only my own group is closed so i think this is the problem “This is a public group”   All needs to be changed to another setting “This is a private group.”

Then all sould be unvisible without logged in.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 100
      @

I’m also investigating what the problem, I have changed the setting in my own group from “This is a public group” to “This is a private group.” Then i waited a minute and tested that setting on my mobile phone becouse i’m not logged in on this device on our site, and after i made that setting change i can’t see any thing in my group becouse you need to be logged in. “You must login to access the page you requested.” That is what it say’s. Now we need some other members to test if they also experience this. They must see a page where they asked to login before content can been seen. If yes then we have found the problem of a open forum, then all subforums /groups have the wrong setting. becouse they are a on “This is a public group”. It is important that they are NOT logged in, otherwise they can see the content as a (group) member. And then we do not know anything yet. So to test this, log out and then approach my group and tell if you see something of content. It works for me, but to be sure we have to be tested by different people. I can see all the other subforums and all what inside without login, only my own group is closed so i think this is the problem “This is a public group” All needs to be changed to another setting “This is a private group.” Then all sould be unvisible without logged in.

This may work for groups. I had your group bookmarked, and logged off, then went back and it took me to the login page. Once logged in, I can view your group.

Not sure about the forums, but setting group to private does the trick for lurkers. 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 100
      @

That’s would be great RGC! I tried stuff like that but if it gets more adv. Than windows movie maker I get lost! Lol

I’ve been using the Dollsbook Facebook image to see what I can do with it. Who do I give credits to for that image? I had a floating bubble on the pic, but still just getting to know Adobe after effects.  So far just have a basic animated GIF to mess with. lol

Eva L’Fleur
      Keymaster
      • Posts 175
      @dbevadmin

Well, its part of dollsbook. If you make something with db materials, we give you credit for what you did. where Applicable, and where used.

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.