Register Forums Your Vendor Experience THE ART OF DOLL BUYING

2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Kevin H W9JYD (Admin, 2nd in command) 3 weeks ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Meso
      • Posts 16
      @Meso

I was going to name this Zen and the Art of Doll Buying, but while it wouldn’t be strange for me to quote Zen or Tao Masters, this is about buying your first doll, and/or what to look for when negotiating purchasing a used doll. I base this from my own experience of many years of dolls, and while I consider myself an expert in the field, I’ll leave that opinion up to you. Please feel free to comment, advise, and ask questions as I’ve been known to ramble on at times.

So You Want To Get Your First Doll?    Awesome!!! You’re about to enter into a world beyond your wildest imagination (and you’ve quite the imagination or you wouldn’t be here). You’ve gone to doll sites and and wow, these dolls are so beautiful and sooo real looking. It might’ve taken a bit of time to figure out the cm to inches, and no way are you interested in a 80cm elf doll. No way, you want that 166cm full babe doll that rocks your eyes. I mean, really? Go big or go home, right? And shoot, you haven’t weighed 80 pounds since you were what, ten or twelve? No sweat.

Hold on there Cowboy or Cowgirl (if you’re a female beware because male dolls start off around 100 pounds). Dolls are total dead weight. What does that mean? Thankfully not very many of us have had to experience that, but here’s a substitute that will give you an idea: go to your local hardware store and find a pallet of quick-dry cement. Those bags are what, 40 U.S pounds each? I always recommend lifting properly, so bend your legs, using both arms under the bag, lift it by curling it to your chest, then stand up and walk thirty feet or so (imitate moving the doll from one room to another). Then turn around and return the bag to the rest. That wasn’t too bad, right? Oh, wait, you were looking at that amazon beauty of a doll that weighs in at 80 lbs. No worries. Stack two cement bags together and repeat the above. Ahhh, young Grasshopper, your understanding has been expanded!

Please don’t misunderstand me. I absolutely love the larger dolls. They’re more detailed, more realistic, IMHO (in my honest opinion) better constructed, and nothing better to sleep with (real sleep, lol) but all that comes with the cost of dead weight. This article isn’t to discourage nor encourage any sized doll; only to inform. If you’re solidly set on buying one, there’s a lifting technique you must learn so’s to move her safely (and protect your back), but I’ll talk about that later (please ask me if I forget).

With all that said, if not quite committed to a particular-sized doll, what’s good advice in simply getting one? I stated I didn’t like the 80 cm, and for gosh sakes, you may not want to carry two sacks of cement weight around (even if she is freakin’ awesome). What am I getting at? Ah, my friends, there IS a doll for you. I guarantee it. Stay tuned as my next post will be on narrowing down what may be the best choices best for you.

Dolls are like motorcycles: I wish I'd kept every one I ever rode.

Past Dolls:
      Candy8Teen Taffy doll B-cup, tan. MLD D-cup, tan. AVSexToy 100cm D-cup, tan. YL148 D-cup, tan. JY166 Bambi body builder, natural, JY135 flat, tan, WM144 L-Cup, tan, WM140 A-cup, tan.
      Current Dolls:
      Mia: OR140 ExtraSoft, F-Cup, tan.
      Vampirella & Cowgirl (Phicen)

Kevin H W9JYD (Admin, 2nd in command)
      Keymaster
      • Posts 132
      @ki5jyd

To clarify what @meso means by “amazon beauty”, he doesn’t mean Jeff Bezos’ Amazon[.]com.

He means this instead:

To use a relative reference of sorts. Yes, that was from Futurama, but since we’ve had to limit our recommendations of sellers due to a certain incident just recent (which I refrain from mentioning), he really isn’t condoning or recommending that you get your doll from Amazon, but possibly a sci-fi reference.

I thought I’d mention this so nobody gets confused.

But nonetheless, great well-researched post so far and I’m waiting with bated breath for the second installment!

C:\WINDOWS\System32> choco install Daphne_WM-157b -y
      Chocolatey 0.10.15
      Once a Whataburger-addicted JY, now a still Whataburger-addicted WM. She's still my JY.

Kevin H W9JYD (Admin, 2nd in command)
      Keymaster
      • Posts 132
      @ki5jyd

Oh… and I get the “Zen” reference alluded to your post:

It’s from a book called Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I kinda figured it out… 😉

C:\WINDOWS\System32> choco install Daphne_WM-157b -y
      Chocolatey 0.10.15
      Once a Whataburger-addicted JY, now a still Whataburger-addicted WM. She's still my JY.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.