Register Forums DollyVerse *NSFW* Doll Stories And Art *NSFW* The Italian Bombshell and the Cajun Queen

21 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  Julia Jameson 1 month, 1 week ago
  • Author

Julia Jameson
    • Posts 182
    @DonKeydick

Hi Everyone. Donny has been writing up a storm to put this story together and share with everybody. It is all about how Gabby and Tracie ended up staying with me and Donny. I think you all will enjoy it as it is full of  gangsters, lawyers, Cajuns and gators, shootouts, manhunts and international intrigue. I will let Donny tell the story so Heeeeres Donny!

On June 18 2018 I got a phone call that would change our lives forever. I answered the phone and heard this sweet voice speaking with a delightful Italian accent. It seems that a distant cousin of mine was stranded in Los Angeles after flying in from a place called Montepulciano in Italy. Her luggage, tickets and most of her money had been stolen almost as soon as she arrived in the U.S. and she was stranded with no place to go and very little money. She had called her grandmother who she lived with back in Italy to try and find out if any family in the states might be able to help her out. After several false starts she finally contacted my mother who had been to Italy and met Nana, as the grandmother is called, many years ago. My mother is living on a fixed income in a small home and was not really in a position to help so she told me to expect a call and help if I could. I had just moved into a bigger place with an extra bedroom so I thought it would be no problem to put someone up for a short time. I told Gabby that I could send her a bus ticket and she could get here in about two days and stay with Julia and me until we got things figured out. She started crying in relief and accepted and was soon on her way to Louisiana.

Two days later I went to meet her at the bus station and took her to our home and Jules and I did everything we could to make her comfortable. After she settled in she started telling us of her adventure in coming to the United States. Since she was 8 years old she sang in the choir at her church St. Mary of the Assumption in Montepulciano and as she got older and her talent was recognized by everyone in the town she became the main soloist in the choir. She was always being asked to sing at parties and celebrations and everyone agreed she was a true talent. American television especially the reality type shows are very popular in Italy and someone came up with the bright idea of submitting an audition tape of Gabby singing to some shows like American Idol and Americas Got Talent. So they talked to her and her grandmother Nana about making an audition tape and Gabby was all for it so Nana reluctantly said to go ahead. Her tape impressed some people and she was invited to the live auditions of Americas Got Talent. At this news the townspeople all pitched in to help get her plane tickets to Los Angeles for the live audition. Her grandmother was not too keen on the idea but Gabby is 27 and can make her own decisions so with a kiss for good luck and a little money she let her go. She had spent her entire life never going anywhere more than 50 miles from Montepulciano and really wanted to go to the U.S. She learned a lot of English from watching TV shows from the U.S and U.K. so she thought she should have no problems with language. After all the arrangements had been made she set off with a song in her heart.

She arrived in L.A. checked into the hotel and went to the audition only to find out that because of a technicality in the rules she would not be allowed to compete. completely crushed she returned to the hotel only to find that her room had been burgled and her luggage and money and return tickets were gone. So then she called her grandmother for help and eventually contacted me. After hearing her story we all tried to think of ways to help Gabby get back home to Italy. A plane ticket was going to be expensive and with the recent move I was kind of tapped for a while. After a few days we settled into a routine and all worked on how to raise money to help Gabby get home.

That was 5 months ago and a lot of things have happened since then. Gabby is a true Italian Bombshell, drop dead gorgeous and her accent is amazingly sexy but she is an innocent farmgirl basically who never has been far from home. She is very brave and can be outgoing once she gets to know you but she is usually quiet and reserved.
    This will be an ongoing story to catch everyone up on the tale of international intrigue that introduced us all to Tracie, who is Gabby`s twin sister, and the Cajun Queen in this epic. More chapters will follow.

"Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions." unknown

The unofficial Mayor of the Dollyverse always "Making DollsBook Great"

Julia Jameson
    • Posts 182
    @DonKeydick

Hi everyone, it has been a while since we added another chapter to this saga so here we go with the next part. Once again I turn over all story telling to Donny.

After Gabby had been with us a few weeks trying to come up with enough money to get back to Montepulciano we got some disturbing news in the form of a telegram from her families lawyer, a long time adviser and trusted friend. Gabby’s Nana, her grandmother Lucia Del Prado, back in Italy had suddenly fallen ill and was put in the hospital for tests and such. Gabby told us she had always known her Nana to be “strong like horse” and had never been sick that she knows of so it was very disturbing to find out she was in the”ospedale”. The lawyer promised to keep us informed and we all tried even harder to come up with Gabby’s airfare back to Italy and we even tried to get her a hardship fare due to the emergency. A few more days passed and we received a cryptic telegram from the lawyer asking Gabby to not return to Montepulciano right now as there might be some danger to her well being but not to worry (HAH) and that there was no change in Nana’s condition. This was even more disturbing because he did not elaborate further on what this possible danger could be.

We all waited and worried about what would come next for 5 days with no word from anybody before we got the bad news. A telegram from the lawyer in Montepulciano confirmed our worst fears, Nana had passed away 3 days earlier, thankfully peacefully in her sleep. The lawyer had not been able to contact us as he was on the run from people who meant him great bodily harm over some information he uncovered in Nana’s private papers. He reiterated to Gabby that under no circumstance was she to return to Montepulciano until he had a chance to personally meet with her here in the U.S. This was almost as much of a shock as Nana passing, that Gabby could be in danger and the lawyer was definitely in danger over something from Nana’s past that was revealed in her private papers. All we could do now was await his arrival and listen to what he had to say.

The lawyer from Italy finally arrives and tells us this unbelievable story. It all starts back in 1989 in Montepulciano, Italy when a local big shot with rumored mob connections dies. His son Giorgio Alesi known as Gee Gee takes the reins as head of the family. In a bid to gain more land and power he tries to buy out the widowed Lucia Del Prado (Gabby’s Nana) who owns a large parcel of good vineyard land. Her soon to be son in law Pietro Giovanna engaged to her only child Sophia looks into the Alesi bid and discovers the real reason Gee Gee wants the land. Coal deposits are rumored to have been discovered in the area with the richest coal seams supposedly on the Del Prado land. He wants to buy up all the land and strip mine it for the coal leaving the town of Montepulciano a ravaged eyesore. Pietro being a lawyer  gets together with other town folk and gets a court injunction against strip mining in the entire parish with the help of a sympathetic judge. Gee Gee’s big plan is out in the open now and squashed as far as anyone knows so life goes on as usual in Montepulciano with no plan to do any strip mining.
    Fast forward to 2002 when a new district judge is put on the bench with Gee Gee’s influence and the injunction is overturned. Pietro goes after Gee Gee again with all the legalese he can muster and this time Gee Gee fights back. In what was thought at the time to be an accident Pietro and Sophia (Gabby’s parents) are tragically killed when their car’s brakes go out and it plunges off of a cliff. The lawyer found evidence gathered by a private investigator for Lucia Del Prado in 2002 that the cars brakes had been tampered with. That P.I. working both sides of the street then sells Gee Gee the info too. Gee Gee threatens Lucia with harm to her grand daughter Gabriella if she ever says anything. Lucia has to comply but in the meantime has set up her entire estate in a trust for her grand daughter Gabby so she cannot be forced to sell to Gee Gee. It is a Mexican standoff, Lucia cannot go to the authorities to have Gee Gee arrested and Gee Gee cannot get her land.

Fast forward again to 2009 when a certain local midwife named Graziella Pintone dies. As the towns lawyer is going through her papers he finds a birth certificate for a Thereza Marie Giovanna that had never been officially seen or recorded. Being a small town and the fact that he has been the town lawyer for over 40 years he immediately recognizes the name and date of birth. He brings this to Lucia Del Prado who hires a P.I. again with help from her trusted friend and family lawyer and he uncovers  this incredible story about the night her grand daughter was born.
    Gabriella and Thereza were born in a small rural town in 1991 when most birthings still take place in the home with a midwife. Enter the unscrupulous midwife Graziella Pintone who knows of a rich American couple looking to “adopt ” a baby and don’t really care where it comes from. Sophia Giovanna has no idea she is carrying twins so while still only semi conscious during the birth of Gabriella the midwife gives her a rag soaked in chloroform and births the second baby unbeknownst to Sophia. When the midwife Graziella files the birth certificates with the parish she keeps back the one for Thereza and only files the one for Gabriella. Thereza disappears into the unknown and nobody is the wiser. Gabby and Tracies parents died when they were both 11 in 2002 never knowing they had a second daughter who was secretly taken from them at birth. So sad. Gabby grew up with Nana in Montepulciano and Tracie’s whereabouts is still a question mark until 2009. As soon as the town lawyer informs  Lucia of a second grand daughter she sets the P.I. to finding her. Gee Gee has spies on his payroll everywhere and learns of Tracie’s birth certificate surfacing through an informer in the parish office. He confronts Lucia again after gaining this information this time with threats against Gabby and Tracie if she ever tries to locate where Tracie is now so Lucia backs off, for a while, but then secretly sets the new trusted P.I.  to find her other grand daughter Tracie wherever she may be. Lucia is a strong proud woman and will go to any lengths to find her missing grand daughter no matter the threats from some local gangster but she is also smart enough to do it very covertly.

Now back to 2018 after having this amazing story of Gabby’s missing twin sister come to light we all needed a break to process the information. To recap so far we have the twins Gabby and Tracie separated at birth in 1991 and Tracie spirited off to who knows where, their parents Pietro and Sophia are killed in 2002, Graziella Pintone dies in 2009 and the birth certificate identification of a missing twin, Tracie, comes to light, a trusted P.I. is hired to find the whereabouts of Tracie, a big fish in a small pond kind of minor gangster named Gee Gee makes threats to keep Tracie’s location hidden until in 2018 Lucia Del Prado passes away and the family lawyer finds out everything and then comes to the U.S. and brings us up to date.
    The poor man is exhausted from jet lag and the strain of having this kind of information that could get him and others killed. Gee Gee has been trying to find him and silence him before he can get to us. There is much much more to this story but it will have to wait until next time.

Julia Jameson
    • Posts 182
    @DonKeydick

Today we are going to find out more about Gabby’s twin sister Tracie who was taken at birth and disappeared before any one in the family knew she existed. In 1991 Claude Alesi was on an around the world honeymoon with his trophy wife Ginger when they went to Montepulciano, Italy to stay with his distant cousin Gee Gee. Claude was the newest of nouveau riche having made millions on the sale of some kind of oil field equipment invention he devised while working as a roughneck down in Houma La. He met Ginger who was a gold digging ex stripper from Bourbon Street and 15 years younger than him in a restaurant in the French Quarter of New Orleans and she got her claws in deep having Claude finance several rounds of cosmetic surgery to make her into one of those fake looking Barbie Doll kind of women like on a reality T.V. show. While on their whirlwind honeymoon she got the wild idea of adopting a baby because they are “so cute” as she says and with her new fake body she didn’t want to carry a child herself.  Claude thought it was a good idea too to have a little baby and mentioned it to Gee Gee who just happened to have something on a local midwife named Graziella Pintone. Now this Graziella had a “small” gambling problem and when Gee Gee offered to settle her debt if she could “find” a baby she jumped at the chance. It was almost like it fell into her lap when Sophia Giovanna went into labor with twins she didn’t know she was carrying. A little chloroform after the first baby is delivered and the second baby is never seen and  just disappears. Gee Gee takes the second baby and with the help of his bought judge has a fake birth certificate made up in the name of Thereza Marie Alesi and delivers the child to his cousin Claude and his wife Ginger who are overjoyed and don’t care where the baby came from.
    They eventually return to the U.S. and his big mansion on the lakefront in Mandeville La. and there Thereza, called Tracie is not raised by her ” mother” Ginger but by a local nanny. Enter Marie Hebert a nanny from near Reggio La. who basically raises the girl as she would her own which is a very lucky thing for little Tracie. Ginger is too self centered and can’t be disturbed with raising the little girl herself.  She decided pretty quickly that having a baby around wasn’t such a good idea and it was taking all of Claude’s attentions away from herself. Claude loves his little girl and spoils her no end unfortunately he dies of a massive coronary in 2000 and Ginger thinks she will be inheriting all of Claude’s millions but he had wised up enough to know she was a gold digger and leaves everything in a trust for Tracie to be given to her when she turns 18 with only a small monthly stipend for Ginger. Gee Gee comes to La. for Claude’s funeral and to try to get his hands on the money, and Ginger. It seems that while Ginger and Claude were in Italy in 1991 she was fooling around with Gee Gee and he was going to try to get that going again to get control of Ginger and the money. So now we can see exactly what kind of skank Ginger is and it confirms that Gee Gee is a big scumbag.
    Now back in 2000 shortly after Claude’s death Marie Hebert over hears Ginger on the phone with Gee Gee trying to arrange an accident for Tracie because she thinks with Tracie gone she will get Claude’s money. Marie grabs Tracie and flees with the child in fear for both of their lives. Ginger has to scramble to cover up Tracie’s disappearance and tells the police she must have wandered into the lake and drowned in her grief over her daddy’s death. With a little help from Gee Gee the police buy it and her death is accepted officially even without a body. Ginger and Gee Gee get a huge let down when they find that they still cannot get at Claude’s money because of some special provisions in the will and the trust he set up for Tracie. Now they need to find Tracie to try and get her to get them the money even though she is officially dead. After searching for weeks Gee Gee finally gives up and returns to Italy while Ginger remains in the big old house living on her little stipend and starts to drink heavily. Ginger can`t even sell the house or furnishings as Claude set it up so everything in the house and the house itself was taken care of but in no way controlled by Ginger, she is allowed to stay there but that is all. Meanwhile little Tracie is safe and sound down in Reggio La. with Marie Hebert and her husband Manny. Claude had made all the arrangements for Marie being at the house in Mandeville and caring for Tracie and somehow there was no information for Gee Gee or Ginger to find to lead them to the Heberts and Tracie. Marie had always suspected that the little girl was somehow not really supposed to be with Claude and Ginger and she knew for certain that Tracie was not Ginger’s actual child so she decided with Manny’s complete cooperation to keep Tracie and raise her as their own child rather than involve the authorities and have the child end up in foster care or worse. Tracie loved Marie and soon accepted her as mother and accepted Manny as father. She called Marie Nanny Marie and Manny was Papa Manny and the three of them lived quietly and very happily down in Reggio and they could not have loved the little girl more if she had been their own child. Marie was unable to bear children and having Tracie to raise filled a large hole in her heart.
    Tracie grew up smart and strong with lots of tutoring by Marie and lots of playing outside in the beautiful swampland near Reggio. Papa Manny taught her to fish and hunt and how to live off of the land and she learned many mechanical skills helping work on cars and other things around the house.  She turned out to be a real Daisy Duke but of a Cajun variety, a beautiful girl who could be a sweet little vixen but was strong enough to whip some ass if needed. She excelled at school and was smart as a whip too but also knew how to rebuild a carburetor or adjust the timing on about anything with a motor in it. All was perfect bliss until her completely unknown grandmother Lucia Del Prado passed away and a lawyer from Italy found out about her birth and disappearance.

Stay tuned for the next chapter in the saga coming soon.

Julia Jameson
    • Posts 182
    @DonKeydick

Back in 2009 Graziella Pintone, the unscrupulous midwife, dies and Lucia finds out about a stolen twin to Gabby from the town lawyer. Gee Gee threatens to harm both girls if their grandmother Lucia tries to locate Tracie. He still can’t locate her either and he needs her to get Claude’s money especially at that time as Tracie is 18 now and can get control of all the money. He is bluffing about knowing where Tracie is and makes Lucia back off trying to find her. Lucia secretly sends the P.I. to the U.S to locate Tracie anyway because after all it is her grand daughter. After searching for weeks he finally locates her and observes for a while being under strict orders not to contact her directly in case Gee Gee is any where around. He brings this information back to Lucia who is gladdened to know that Tracie is with a family who loves her deeply and Gee Gee does not know where she is.
    Lucia decides that to keep her safe, even though it breaks her heart, Tracie should stay right where she is with the Hebert family looking out for her. So the Italian P.I. arranges with another trustworthy P.I. in La. to keep an eye on Tracie and report to him and he would pass on the reports to Lucia. From those reports we got all the info on Tracie growing up with the Heberts. All this time Gee Gee still has no idea where Tracie is and he desperately wants to find her and force her to turn over the money from Claude’s estate.
    Fast forward to 2018 and at this point the lawyer tells us his next mission is to look up the P.I. in La. who has been keeping an eye on Tracie and then go find her and inform of her true past and the present danger she is in from Gee Gee. Until 2009 nobody except Ginger, Gee Gee and the midwife who birthed Tracie and Gabby, Graziella Pintone, knows the secret of Tracie’s past. Even Marie Hebert does not know that Claude and Ginger kidnapped the infant Tracie from her birth mother  although she has suspected something like that from almost the beginning. Gabby is pretty much in a state of shock over finding out about Tracie (and Gee Gee and all of the stuff that has happened because of him) especially since she lives right here in La. Once the lawyer finds Tracie he is going to set up a reunion for Gabby and her and finish telling us everything he has discovered so far and try to help them figure out what to do next and how to stay safe.
    So to recap what we know so far, in 1991 Gabby and Tracie are born and Tracie is stolen away by the Pintone midwife unbeknownst to the girls mother or anyone else. Gee Gee gets a fake birth certificate made for Tracie and his cousin Claude and wife Ginger take Tracie to the U.S. In 2000 Claude Alesi dies and Marie Hebert, Tracie’s nanny, overhears a phone call between Gee Gee and Ginger threatening Tracie so she flees with the little girl down the bayou to prevent anything happening to her. In 2002 Pietro and Sophia Giovanna are killed in a car crash orchestrated by Gee Gee and Gabby goes to live with her grandmother Lucia. In 2009 Graziella Pintone dies and Lucia finds out about Tracie being stolen at birth. Gee Gee learns of Lucia finding out about Tracie and threatens both girls if Lucia tries to locate Tracie. Lucia secretly locates Tracie anyway and keeps an eye on her but lets her stay safe and hidden with the Hebert’s. So until 2018 Lucia keeps the secret safe and Gee Gee still has no idea where Tracie is or where Gabby is now that she is in the U.S. as well. Tomorrow we will finally find out what happened to Gabby`s grandmother Lucia and why Gee Gee is a threat to Gabby and to Tracie if he finds them.

Julia Jameson
    • Posts 182
    @DonKeydick

Today we will finally learn how Nana died and why “The Lawyer” is in danger. I have started using caps and quotations because he does not want me to mention his name and to us he is more than just any lawyer he is a much trusted friend. A few months ago Gee Gee’s bought judge was moved up into the Italian Supreme Court and with his new influence came up with a way to grab all the land from Lucia Del Prado no matter what kind of trust she had set up. Lucia was not going to stand for it and since Gabby and Tracie are safe here in the U.S. she went after Gee Gee with the evidence of his involvement in the deaths of her daughter Sophia and son in law Pietro Giovanna plus her knowledge of Tracie having been kidnapped at birth. With “The Lawyers” help she was able to stop Gee Gee again by confronting him with  the evidence she had against him. Shortly thereafter she became sick and was put in the hospital. The doctors couldn’t find anything even though she kept telling them she was being poisoned somehow. This led to her death a few days later from what the doctors called old age and her fears are dismissed as senility. Almost immediately after her death Gee Gee and his pet judge sweep in with an Imminent Domain declaration and seized all of the Del Prado land. The slimy bastard didn’t even have to pay for it in the end. Poor Gabby and Tracie get nothing apparently and lose all claim to the land and house Gabby grew up in. All the evidence that Lucia had is now gone as well except for bits and pieces “The Lawyer” managed to hold onto but not enough to really prove anything against Gee Gee. Gee Gee knows that the only person left who knows anything about Tracie’s kidnapping  is “The Lawyer” and he has to be silenced. “The Lawyer” knows he is in terrible danger so that is when he flees Montepulciano and goes into hiding. He is still in contact with the P.I. Lucia had working for her in Italy and has him keep an eye on Gee Gee and do some digging for more evidence. The best news he comes up with is the fact that Gee Gee lost track of Gabby in L.A. when her luggage was stolen and she hopped the bus to La. to stay with us and he is still clueless as to where Tracie is. So this bastard Gee Gee has separated Gabby and Tracie at birth, kidnapped the newborn Tracie and then had their parents murdered and their grandmother poisoned and has taken their Italian birthright and inheritance away from them too. But that’s not all either is it? He still wants to find Tracie and force her to give up her inheritance too and he wants to kill Tracie and Gabby to make sure they don’t raise a stink over Lucia’s death and the land grab and Claude’s money and he still wants to kill “The Lawyer.” This guy Gee Gee is the real “Bad News From Italy” and the thing is he really isn’t much he just happens to have some money, a few button men on the payroll and a pet judge that will do his bidding, he really is just a big frog in a small pond and not somebody who has any real influence or power except in Montepulciano. He is still very dangerous though and we all have reason to be very concerned.
    “The Lawyer” will be leaving in the morning after giving us this last bit of information about Gabby’s Nana. He is going to find Tracie hopefully before Gee Gee and get her into safety. After she proves that she is still alive and can claim her inheritance he wants her to help put Gee Gee out of business and behind bars and save the town of Montepulciano from becoming a strip mine plus saving Gabby’s inheritance as well. Actually putting some of Claude’s money to very good use so Tracie now has a really good reason to step up and claim her inheritance.

Julia Jameson
    • Posts 182
    @DonKeydick

Everything has gone horribly wrong. We all under estimated the sheer brutality of someone like Gee Gee Alesi and the violence he could cause. In our last update in this whole ongoing saga our friend from Italy known only as “The Lawyer” had been telling us an incredible story of Tracie and Gabby’s past and the recent death of their grandmother Lucia Del Prado. Going forward from there “The Lawyer” was off in search of Tracie, Gabby’s twin sister, snatched away at birth and unknown by Gabby until now. He had some idea of how to find her and contacted a private detective that had been keeping an eye on Tracie for her grandmother. After filling the detective in on the fate of Lucia Del Prado and the danger from Gee Gee they both went to find Tracie and get her out of harms way. They went to the home of Marie and Mannie Hebert down near Reggio La. where Tracie had been living as their daughter since 2000. After being told the truth about her past Tracie was extremely anxious and excited to meet her twin sister so they arranged for “The Lawyer” to bring her to our place while the detective checked into Gee Gee’s whereabouts with his Italian counterpart who was now working for “The Lawyer” also.
    As you can imagine the tearful reunion when Tracie arrived and she and Gabby meet for the first time I will skip it and get back to the rest. On “The Lawyers” advice we all went dark meaning no phone or internet or any contact for a few days until we got an all clear from the detective in Italy that they had located and were tracking Gee Gee. There was plenty of time for all of us to get to know Tracie and it is uncanny how alike she is to Gabby having never known of each others existence. Not just in looks which are practically identical but in small things in their personalities. One huge difference is of course one speaks English with a heavy (but very sexy) Italian accent and the other speaks like a true Louisiana Cajun (also very sexy Ya’ll)  from down the bayou.
    After a few days we got the all clear as apparently Gee Gee still did not know of Tracie’s location or Gabby’s since losing her in L.A. “The Lawyer” took Tracie back home to Marie`s and had to leave straightaway to go back to Montepulciano and work on putting Gee Gee behind bars. He promised to keep us updated on everything and to keep the local detective in the loop as well so we could get some backup if needed. “The Lawyer” had always been working on ways to take down Gee Gee legally if he could just get enough evidence but the problem was with his bought judge Gee Gee was practically untouchable. Our friend “The Lawyer” with his devious little lawyer mind decided the way to get Gee Gee was to get his judge. He had the judge investigated and his investigators had just made a breakthrough when he returned to Italy. He immediately took his findings to the proper authorities to start an official investigation into Gee Gee’s pet judge. Within a few days of this starting the judge put a bullet in his brain or someone did an awfully good job of making it look like he did, like someone who did not want the judge spilling his guts to save his own ass. So with the investigation into the judge’s possibly bought legal decisions coming into question Gee Gee still might not get the land he stole from Gabby’s grandmother and Gabby and Tracie. When he learns of “The Lawyers” involvement yet again thwarting his plans Gee Gee goes off the deep end and really starts to panic. He knows it is time for desperate measures to try and save his skin. Under protection from the authorities now “The Lawyer” keeps building his case against Gee Gee and trying to get the land back for Tracie and Gabby. In desperation Gee Gee has “The Lawyer’s” office burgled and they steal a bunch of files one of which was the report from the Detective in La. that had been watching Tracie and had her location in it. “The Lawyer” let us know as soon as possible that the cat was out of the bag as far as Tracie’s whereabouts and that Gee Gee could be expected to do something but he had him under surveillance and would let us know immediately if Gee Gee tried to leave Italy and to watch out and be careful anyways.
    Gee Gee now has the location of Tracie and more than ever a need to get his hands on a lot of money, like in Tracie’s inheritance, for all the legal fees he will have. All of this took place less than a week after “The Lawyer” returned to Italy and Tracie was back in Reggio. So now it is like a chess match with moves and counter moves, can “The Lawyer” put Gee Gee away before he makes a move against Tracie? Or Gabby? Or “The Lawyer” even? More To Come Soon!

Anonymous
    • Posts 9
    @

very intense Julia. lots going on here……suspenseful hahaha….

Julia Jameson
    • Posts 182
    @DonKeydick

Thanks so much for the kind comment Joker @jokerisalive . It is a very twisted tale. I hope it has not been too hard to follow or understand with so much going on. The intensity and suspense is about to go waaaay up.

Julia Jameson
    • Posts 182
    @DonKeydick

As soon as our friend “The Lawyer” realized what had been stolen from his office he called to warn us that Gee Gee had possibly learned of our location and definitely knew Tracie’s location. At this point it seemed like a good time to get out of town for a while just to be on the safe side even though “The Lawyer” assured us that my address, being Gabby’s location, was not in any of the papers stolen. I was due for a vacation anyway as work had slowed down so Julia, Gabby and I loaded  up and headed down to Grand Isle to stay at a friends camp that nobody knows about. We tried to call Tracie to let her know she was more than welcome to come with us but could never get through. “The Lawyer” said he would keep calling and also send the detective around to warn Tracie and get her and the Hebert’s to a safe location. It has been hard to keep in contact with the time and distance differences and the lack of cell phone towers down in South La. so we all just did our best to make sure we got out of sight. We made it to Grand Isle fine and then just had to wait and see what would happen next.
    The detective in Italy working for “The Lawyer” was tasked with keeping an eye on Gee Gee so we could track his whereabouts. Gee Gee seemed to be going about his business as usual and trying to come up with a legal defense strategy to keep the land stolen from Gabby and Tracie and stay out of prison himself. So far he had made no attempts to go back to the U.S. and try to get at the girls. After a couple of weeks with no major changes in his routine it seemed that Gee Gee was just too busy trying to keep out of jail to worry about the girls. We came home 5 days later after having a great time down on the beach in Grand Isle and everything seems to be fine. “The Lawyer” let us know that he is very close to having the ruling on the Del Prado land belonging to Gabby and Tracie overturned in their favor since it was passed by the crooked judge and was not legal and this also blows back on Gee Gee so he is very close to going to prison also. That was news that called for a celebration so we had a little party last night and even had Tracie join us (on speakerphone) so we could all try and figure out what next. Gabby wants to take Tracie back to Montepulciano to see the house and lands where she grew up as much as Tracie wants to take Gabby down the bayou to see where she grew up. Looks like they both have some travelling in their near future once everything gets sorted out. We are very hopeful that the Italian legal system and our friend “The Lawyer” will finally give Gee Gee Alesi what he deserves, a chance to rot in prison for the rest of his miserable life. So we managed to make it through that little scare and it seems Gee Gee is too busy trying to save his own ass to bother with the twins so as long as “The Lawyer” keeps tabs on Gee Gee we should all be fine. Well, that turned out to be wishful thinking, when dealing with someone like Gee Gee you never know what he will do. A cornered rat will fight like a lion to save its skin. What came next is like something from a movie and is still hard to believe it really happened. Tune in tomorrow for fireworks in the swamp.

Julia Jameson
    • Posts 182
    @DonKeydick

Everything has gone completely sideways and just when we thought this was all going to work out and Gee Gee would be behind bars for the rest of his life. We got a call from Chloe Richard this morning telling us that Tracie was at her place recovering from spending hours hiding out and running for her life through the swamps near her house. When Tracie got on the phone she said that Papa Manny woke her up about 3 AM and told her and Marie to get in the root cellar because there were men outside moving close to the house. He had a shotgun in his hand and was looking very tense as he herded them toward the trapdoor in the floor leading to a small root cellar under the house. They had barely dropped down through the trapdoor in the kitchen floor when gunfire suddenly erupted all around the house and everything started shattering and breaking. Manny barred the trapdoor from the inside and they moved to the back of the root cellar where there was a small window high up on the wall. Tracie managed to get it open and wiggled through but just as she reached back in to help Marie climb out one of the gunmen spotted her and started shooting towards her leaving her no choice but to run for the trees and try to get away. She managed to evade the gunman who spotted her and hide in some thick brush a hundred yards from the house as after all it is her back yard there in the swamp so she could find her way blindfolded. A few minutes later while the sound of gunfire continues she hears a loud explosion from the direction of her house and sees a huge greasy fireball climb into the sky. Staying in her hiding spot she hears running men moving through the trees around her and fading off. In a near state of shock she stays put until first light then starts toward the nearby road out of the area in a dazed and confused state. She stumbles out into the road and collapses just as Chloe Richard is driving by. Chloe jumps out and helps Tracie into the car and then realizes who it is, “T-Marie! what in hell happened to ya’ll and why on earth are you falling down in the middle of the road cher? ” “Oh Chloe! Some men with guns came and shot up the house, Nanny and Papa Manny are still in the root cellar and we have to go get help!”  “Don’t you worry none now, ya hear” Chloe said “I’s gonna take you ta my house and we gonna call the Sheriff and get some help for Granny H and ya Papa” So Chloe hauls ass out of there and takes Tracie to her place and helps her get cleaned up and calls the sheriff and then calls me.

Right after getting off the phone with Chloe we jump in the car and head there to find out firsthand what is going on and to get away in case an attack comes on our home. On the way there I get a call from “The Lawyer” and in a panic he tells us that Gee Gee must have known he was under surveillance because he had a double take his place and fooled the detective into thinking it was him. This allowed Gee Gee to slip out of Italy undetected from some small private airport a ways from Montepulciano.  I relay to him what happened to Tracie and in a very solemn tone he promises to arrange some help for protecting the twins and in tracking down Gee Gee as we are very positive he is behind the attack.
    When we arrive at Chloe’s Gabby and Julia stay with Tracie to calm her down and I go to talk to the sheriff. Chloe told me he is an old family friend of the Hebert’s and used to go duck hunting with Manny all the time so we can trust him. When I get to the Hebert’s house all that is left is part of one wall with the fireplace and the rest is a smoking crater. The bodies of Manny and Marie had just been removed from the root cellar and placed in the hearse as unfortunately they did not survive the fire. I told the sheriff who I was and where Tracie was and that she was all right. This was a relief to him after not finding her body and not knowing where she was or what had happened to her. Over the years he had become quite attached to the little girl, now full grown, named Tracie. I told him about Gee Gee and the threat he presented to all of us and the whole saga of what he had done to the twins and their family in Italy.  This made him so angry he told me straight out “we take care of our own around here so I tell you what we gonna do. Manny and Marie died from the fire so that is what the official report will say. We not gonna mention the gunfire or a bunch of Eye Talian hoods. We gonna let swamp justice fix they asses.” I nodded grimly and started thinking about how we were going to find Gee Gee and his men and turn them into gator bait. Some of the Hebert’s neighbors that showed up at the sound of the gunfire and explosion were already tracking down where Gee Gee and his hoods went and were driving them deeper into the swamp so they would have no chance of getting away. I thought it would be a good idea to wait for some backup “The Lawyer” was sending and start organizing a “hunting” party before following. As soon as the backup gets here and we get geared up we will go after the bad guys and make sure their visit to the swamp becomes permanent. The search and destroy mission starts now!

A few hours later we get word that the bad guys are being forced to retreat farther into the swamp and the direction they are headed leads to nothing but more swamp for miles and miles until you hit the Gulf of Mexico. They are in the middle of thousands of acres of thick trees and scrub full of shallow un-navigable waters except by pirogue or airboat and surrounded by deeper water so they have no place to escape to. It will be just a matter of time before we have them cornered. I go the trunk of my car and retrieve my AR-15 and a couple of 1911 Colt pistols and check all my gear and ammo. By this time almost the whole town has come out to the Hebert’s to help in any way they can and almost all of them are armed so we organize a couple of groups to start into the swamp and link up with the others that are shadowing Gee Gee and his goons. Still another group heads over to Chloe’s to keep an armed watch over Tracie and everyone else. Gee Gee and company leave a trail that Stevie Wonder could follow being “city folk” and all so we catch up the locals that are shadowing them pretty quick. When we link up with them old Robichaux, the Hebert’s closest neighbor,  tells us “Looks like deres maybe 5 or 6 of dem city boys bout a half mile fum heah. Deys just bumbling and stumbling around likes dey waitin fo sumthin. We gots a little surprise fo ya over heah”  and he leads us over to where a very defiant looking greasy haired suit wearing sumbitch is sitting on the ground all tied up and gagged. We all circle around him and start laughing at the sight of his sorry ass out here in the swamp looking like he is ready to go to a business meeting or something. “OK” I said “now its time to get some answers from this walking GQ advertisement. Pull him up and tie him to that tree” After getting him standing and tied to the trunk of a big mossy wide spreading live oak I pulled off the gag and punched him in his stupid mouth. He glared daggers at me and muttered some curse words in Italian that just made me want to punch him again, harder. I was determined  to get some answers from him about why they wanted to kill Tracie now. I reached to my web belt and slowly removed my knife from its sheath where he could clearly see it. I moved toward him and asked “why did you shoot at that house and try to kill everyone?” he mumbled in Italian some more so I asked “do you speak any English you little shit?” and he just stared at me. so I moved in closer and placed the point of my blade right next to his eyeball and slowly applied pressure. “I will flat out slice your eyes into little pieces you maggot” I said as he tried to flinch and get away from the tip of my knife. I pressed harder and a drop of blood appeared and slowly ran down his face. “Wait! he exclaimed “I am speaking of the English”  “That’s a good boy now tell us everything if you want to keep being able to see” I said. In his broken English he managed to tell us that they were only supposed to shoot the house to scare everyone inside and they were to take the girl alive no matter what. Some of the bullets must have hit a gas line and filled the house and then another bullet struck a spark igniting the gas and causing the explosion. He said when it blew they panicked and all hauled ass. He was the one who saw Tracie escape the root cellar and lost her so he knew he was going to catch hell from Gee Gee so he kind of separated himself from the others and that is why he got caught. A helicopter had ferried them in and landed them a mile or so from the Hebert’s before dark the day before. Helicopters in the area are a common sight going to and from the oil rigs out in the gulf so nobody thought anything of it. He thought that  a helicopter was going to pick them up but had no idea how it would know where they were now since they were on the run and heading out into the swamp. I put the gag back on him and we held a war council to plan our next move.

That is a lot to digest for now so stay tuned for the next chapter. Revenge will be ours!

Julia Jameson
    • Posts 182
    @DonKeydick

We don’t really have the next chapter ready yet so I just want to mention something about whats coming up. You ever see a movie called “Southern Comfort” about a group of La. National Guard guys on a march in the swamp? Well, they piss off a bunch of Cajuns just like all of the Hebert’s friends and neighbors and the Cajuns put some swamp whoopass on the Guard guys and we are going to do the same to Gee Gee and his thugs except maybe even worse. Also Chloe called Eva and she is all worried even though Chloe told her there was lots of guns and people to use them  around 24/7 watching everywhere. I think Eva is going to make Rainy come down here and watch out for Chloe or do what he can to help until we get Gee Gee sorted.

Julia Jameson
    • Posts 182
    @DonKeydick

The hunting party decided to stay out all night on the trail of Gee Gee and his band of merry assholes. The plan was to locate and harass the would be kidnappers and keep them keyed up and not let them get any rest all night and then round them up in the morning when the hunters could see better. T-Bob spotted one of them right after dark who thought he was going to be a smart boy and hide up in a tree and try to be some kind of sniper or something. He didn’t know people that hunt birds and squirrels are always looking up in the trees too and spotted him from a couple of hundred yards away. He kept moving around and showing himself like an amateur and made it easy to spot him while he was climbing the tree, dumbass city boy. Donny figured he was probably armed with an AR-15 and could do some damage if he spotted any of the hunting party. He figured this from looking at the spent shell casings left all over after the attack on the Hebert’s house. All the shell casings showed that Gee Gee and his guys were armed with 12 gauge shotguns and 9 mm pistols but at least one guy had an AR-15 so they probably set him as the high guard for the night. The hunters had to play this just right since the sniper had the high ground and if he was a decent shot he could cover a wide area and he was almost hidden in the tree branches. They made a plan to split up and outflank and surround him so he could not get a shot at everyone at once. Then Donny started to get closer sneaking through the under brush in a low crawl. Old Robichaux had gone around to the left and T-Bob went to the right while the rest of the party stayed where they were so that all directions back were covered. Once he got close enough to make the shot with total confidence Donny carefully took aim and plugged that fucker right in the leg. It took the sniper totally by surprise and knocked his ass out of the tree to fall about 25 feet to the ground. Donny wanted to capture him and do a little interrogation but this asshole still had fight in him and quickly managed to crawl up into a clump of heavy brush near the base of the tree and started firing back towards where Donny was. The rest of them had no choice but to open fire on the sniper since he had Donny pinned down behind a fallen tree not 30 feet away and was chewing it up with rapid fire from the AR-15 he did indeed have. The night lit up with gunfire from three directions chewing up the clump of brush and anything in it. After a few seconds the firing stopped and everything was silent. Robichaux called out “hey boy , you still breathing over theah?” and then he and T-Bob cautiously approached the smoldering clump of brush to make sure the shooter was down. “Yeah I’m still here and seem to be in one piece but that was too damn close. You guys be careful I don’t want anyone to get hurt” Donny replied while slowly getting up from behind the fallen tree. While being covered by the rest of the group they moved in closer and Donny joined them and they could see that the would be sniper was definitely dead with part of his skull blown off and one eyeball popped out that was hanging from his face while his body was riddled with bullet holes. Robichaux and T-Bob started to wrap the body in an old green tarp for disposal later so Donny and the rest of the hunting party started looking for sign of which way the bad guys went.

It was getting really dark and hard to find the trail now for some reason. I guess after their initial panic Gee Gee’s guys started being a little more cautious knowing they were being followed and were not leaving as visible a trail as before. They looked for a while and then decided for their own safety and to avoid any other possible ambush that they should wait until daylight to continue.  It was pretty late by this time and they were all bushed so they made camp for the night right there instead of coming back in or trying to continue. This would give the hunting party a head start on tracking the bad guys in the morning even though they were pretty sure they could not have gotten far being a bunch of city boys and all. At least the hunting party had a fire and some food, water and sleeping bags unlike Gee Gee and his guys who were going to spend the rest of their  night in the swamp with none of those things.  We think that there are five bad guys left out there including Gee Gee but we don’t know how many for sure, it could be as many as seven or eight or even more. Who knows how many guys Gee Gee thought he needed just to kidnap one girl from her parents, a true coward at heart. The hunting party all got something to eat and then bedded down for the few hours left until morning.

There is no way that Gee Gee can double back and get behind the hunting party or head toward the road, he can only keep going deeper into the swamp. I am confident that the hunters will find the trail again in the morning and catch them up quickly. Find out what happen next in Gee Gee’s swamp adventure in the coming chapters.

Don Keydick
    Participant
    • Posts 136
    @DKeydick

As soon as it was light enough to see everyone got up and we broke camp. We checked all our gear again and T-Bob started looking for the trail left by Gee Gee and his goons. Robichaux had a walkie talkie and used it to contact the folks watching over Chloe’s place and soon was talking to the sheriff “Yeah J.D. I think we got them city boys jus bout plum wore out by naw. We oughta be on em like stink on shit befoah too long.” “Well naw thas right good there Robichaux” replied the Sheriff “I done called up my little cousin over to the Wildlife and Fisheries and he is gonna fetch his airboat outchere and we gonna swoop right in front those boys and cut off they escape” Robichaux started laughing and said back “I reckon we got them boys stuck between a rock and a hard place then huh J.D.? We all ready heah to get after em agin”

For anyone who might not know what an airboat is, it is a flat bottom shallow draft boat that is powered by an engine mounted up high on the rear with what looks like a giant desk fan bolted to it. It can move over any bits of land or debris in its way and not get snagged. The perfect vehicle to get into the deep swamp.

“With the Sheriff moving to block their retreat we should catch up to Gee Gee pretty quick” I told everyone. “Be ready though in case they decide to turn and fight or set us another ambush.” T-Bob had spotted the trail and we all started moving off single file and silent. After about an hour T-Bob signaled us all to hold up and came back to tell us “I ain’t sure what theys doin, the trail looks all like it was done on purpose naw, all the broke branches looks like dey were markin it or sumthin.” “The rest a ya’ll stay heah we gonna check a little further and see what we can see” Robichaux whispered and with me and T-Bob behind him we carefully moved forward for another 30 minutes or so and heard someone thrashing through the undergrowth about 200 yards ahead. “Same as last time?” I asked and they both nodded and went to the left and right while I continued up the trail. The closer we got the louder the thrashing got too but now it sounded almost frantic and I heard some feeble moans and gasps. Still moving at a low crawl I covered the last 50 yards and came upon a sight rarely seen outside the movies. One of Gee Gee’s guys was up to his shoulders in a pit of quicksand and grabbing at the weeds and branches around it but none were strong enough to let him pull out. I Slowly stood up and let him see me with my face all streaked in cammo and pointing my AR-15 right at his head. He started pleading in Italian and crying like a little bitch. I called out “Hey guys get over here and see what we caught” Robichaux and T-Bob made their way over and both started laughing. “Boy hain’t ya never heard of quicksand?” Robichaux asked the very slowly drowning Italian. “Shouldn’t oughta we pulls em out?” T-Bob wondered and I said “No Chance! unless this shitbird suddenly turns all Rosetta Stone and starts speaking the English” We all turned to look at him as he kept slipping deeper and deeper into the quicksand. When he got to where just his face was above the surface he suddenly did know English just like the other rat fuck. “That Gee Gee is pazzo I no belong in swamp! No more avventuras I want to see la dimora!”  “Will you tell us everything you know about Gee Gee and what his plan is?” I demanded. “Si Si! He is demenziale and this plan is noccioline! Get me outta here!” he was screaming at us. T-Bob knocked over a sapling and we used it to reach out to the pathetic bastard. Once he grabbed the end and checked his downward progress I said “wait, that’s far enough until you start talking. He told us that Gee Gee had threatened to kill him if he didn’t move off on his own and make a trail that could not be missed to lead us away from where Gee Gee and the rest were heading. They took his pistol and sent him out as a decoy. “What about his exit strategy?” I asked and the Italian said “He has satellite phone and is looking for a clearing big enough for chopper to land” “Well that explains a lot, there is no way to get a signal on a cell phone out here but a sat phone doesn’t need cell towers to operate.” I told Robichaux and T-Bob “We need to backtrack and find out where they left the trail, fast.” What about this piece of shit?” Robichaux wanted to know “What piece of shit?” I answered while throwing the uprooted sapling into the quicksand.

"A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man" Ulysses Everett McGill
    That is why I have Dolls
    "Making DollsBook Great"

Don Keydick
    Participant
    • Posts 136
    @DKeydick

We ran back down the trail toward the rest of our party and were getting close to where we had left them. I told T-Bob “keep a sharp eye out for where Gee Gee might have left the trail.” “I is boss” he said “but I think dey done pulled a fast one on me and never were on dis trail.” “What are you saying?” I asked him. “Nobody left dis trail fum where I done found it dis moaning. Deys musta layed up in the underbrush till we passed em by” T-Bob stated matter of factly. “Dammit that means they are somewhere behind the rest of our group!” I exclaimed. “Robichaux went for the walkie talkie and just as he raised it to speak we heard gunfire up ahead of us. Sounded like shotguns and pistols and we started sprinting full on toward it. The sound of gunfire echoed and rolled through the trees as we came to where we could see our people pinned down in a crossfire. Once again we split off in three directions to outflank the ambush and try and pin them down. We had the advantage of our rifles and could stay out of range of the pistols and shotguns Gee Gee’s guys had and just had to get position on them to turn the tables. The firing started to slow up to only a few shots as we got closer and I called out “you guys stay down! We’re gonna circle around behind these fucks!” The gunfire had stopped as I reached our little group and saw that we had wounded that needed attention right now. “Robichaux! you get on that walkie to the Sheriff and tell him to try and get that airboat as close as possible to evac the wounded. T-Bob help me get these folks looked after and try and stop the worst of their bleeding.” I told them. We had one wounded with a through and through in the upper arm and another peppered with of all things what looked like birdshot. Those idiots of Gee Gee’s had not even brought the right kind of shotgun ammo, lucky for us anyways.

We got the wounded patched up as best we could and Robichaux said “J.D. is gonna come in wit dat airboat up de bayou to the northwest bout a half mile from heah.” “Can you make it to where Robichaux is talking about?” I asked the two wounded. “I can make it with jes mah arm shot up but Thibadeaux needs help, he got that dang birdshot all aways up his side and needs hep to walk” said Maurice. I motioned to Clem and Cletus to come pick up Thibadeaux and help carry him to the bayou and wait for the Sheriff and the airboat. That left only Robichaux, T-Bob and me to follow the trail again and get back after Gee Gee before he could call in his chopper to pick them up. “You guys know of a clearing big enough for that chopper to land in anywhere close to here?” I asked “I dunno how they would know wheah one is but dere is one bout a mile or so over to the west of heah.” Robichaux answered. “That’s where we are gonna go then” I stated “If we could just get ahead of them for once and catch them in an ambush it will all be over”

We moved off in the direction of the clearing with grim determination ignoring for now the trail left by Gee Gee and his remaining troops.”Time to finish this” I said.

"A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man" Ulysses Everett McGill
    That is why I have Dolls
    "Making DollsBook Great"

Don Keydick
    Participant
    • Posts 136
    @DKeydick

“I know whar dat clearing is.” T-Bob told us while pointing off to the west “Dere is good dove hunting in dat big field. Doves coming in to land at the bayou dat runs down one side. Onliest thing is its bout tree or fo miles fum here.” ” If’n you says so T-Bob I hain’t been outchere fo a while” Robichaux said while shaking his head “we best hustle up naw dem boys got a good jump start on us.” I looked at Robichaux and said “Get on that walkie again and tell anybody nearby to hustle over to that field too. We got to get there before that chopper” We started moving as fast as possible in the direction T-Bob pointed for several hours following game trails and natural openings in the heavily overgrown woods. It’s so hard to tell how much ground you cover in stuff like this going sideways as much as forward to get around some areas that were completely overgrown and impenetrable.
    Finally the trees started thinning out and the undergrowth retreated to just around the base of the trees so we were able to move much faster. Suddenly T-Bob dropped to the ground and motioned us to drop and freeze. He slowly pulled himself forward on his elbows to the base of a big pine and peered around from it’s cover. “I thinks I sees em” he whispered “deys over to dat big buncha cypress down by da bayou. Mebbe a coupla hunnert yards and dat field is jus da udder side da bayou” “Maybe deys scared to get they fancy Eye Talian shoes all wet” Robichaux muttered. We really could of used a good pair of binoculars right about now. I would love to be able to see what Gee Gee was up to. Now the more open ground and lack of undergrowth was working against us and it seemed there was no way to get closer without being spotted.
    We pulled back to the heavier growth and I told Robichaux to try the walkie and find out if anybody else was close. “Hey J.D. ya got ya ears on good buddy?” Robichaux spoke at the walkie “Yeah, I gotcha Robichaux we done jes dropped off dem two fellers what got shot over to the boat landing, where is ya’ll at?” the Sheriff came back. “We bout a quarter mile fum dat big ole field whar you an me and Hebert used to dove hunt, you member it J.D.?” “Yeah I member, well I don’t think we’s can get dere afore dark and I hain’t got no lights on dis here boat.” answered the sheriff. “Shit! We got to do something now, that chopper could already be on the way” I exclaimed. Robichaux looked at me and said in a very calm voice “Be dark in a coupla hours so allus we gotta do is move round north and cross de bayou den we’s gonnna move into dat field and shoot dat chopper down iff’n it come.” “That’s pretty extreme and how the hell could we cover that up?” I said “I know the Sheriff gave us a hunting license for Gee Gee but shoot down a chopper? Look I know there’s no way that a chopper could find this field at night much less land in it but I think your right about moving over there to cover it so lets go.”
    We moved to the north to come at the field from up the bayou out of sight of Gee Gee and his goons. After another 30 or 40 minutes we waded the bayou and crept to the north side of the field. No doubt it was plenty big enough for a chopper to land. So far we saw no signs that Gee Gee or anyone else had crossed the bayou where we had last seen them. Robichaux called the Sheriff again on the walkie and told him where we were holed up. After a few minutes of heated conversation we had to accept the fact that no help could get to us before morning and the three of us, still not knowing how many guys we were up against, would have to sit tight until daylight. The sheriff was going to send a few more volunteers on foot to try and get here during the night but we could hardly expect them before morning either.
    The night closed in and the wind started blowing in big gusts while the air smelled of rain and felt of electricity. “Storm coming” Robichaux said looking to the sky “big one too” “Well that’s going to ground that chopper for a while so definitely no chance it comes tonight” I said. We set up a camp and ate hurriedly before the heavy rain started then climbed into our ponchos and got ready to ride out the storm. I took some small satisfaction in the knowledge that Gee Gee and his goons were going to spend their third night with no food or shelter deep in the South Louisiana swampland and that now they would have to deal with this huge storm too. The storm raged and rumbled with lightining flashes going off like fireworks and the thunder was almost a continuous rumble all around us shaking the ground with its fierceness.

That is why I have Dolls
    "Making DollsBook Great"

Don Keydick
    Participant
    • Posts 136
    @DKeydick

Sorry to have left everyone hanging on the cliff, so to speak, for so long. I hope this chapter will make up for it.

While the wind howled and the rain came down in buckets lightning continuously lit the inky darkness and thunder rolled like an artillery barrage. I slid further down into my poncho and tried to get some sleep all the while thinking about what the dawn would bring. We had a good ambush site set up for the field and could cover it from where we were but the unknown numbers we would face left me a bit apprehensive. I must have finally drifted off because the next thing I remember T-Bob was shaking me awake and saying “I tinks I hears sumpin on da udder side de bayou.” It was in that pre-dawn time when the sky just starts to get light and it had stopped storming but there was still a light drizzle of rain falling. A mist had settled over the entire field in front of us and limited our view to only a few yards. “That’ll all burn off oncet the sun gets up over dem trees” Robichaux said. “what did you hear T-Bob?” I asked him. “Not sure yet, some kinda ruckus over to de bayou. Wait, ya’ll hear dat?” he asked. Very faintly I heard what sounded like a pack of dogs barking and carrying on. “That surely do sound like old Stonesipher’s hounds” Robichaux said grinning “if’n those hounds found the scent after allus the rain dey really must be devil dogs.” T-Bob said “Sure as shooting that sounds like Marsha leading the pack. Dey’s only carry on like dat oncet dey get on a scent.” “Old Stonesipher is de best hunting dog trainer on dis here planet. He come from a long line of dog handlers going back to befoah the civil war. His great great grand pappy trained dogs to catch escaped slaves fo de plantations in de way back and if’n dem dogs get the scent we might as well just wait till dey catches up.” “No way!” I exclaimed “will I let those dogs have all the fun. I want to end Gee Gee myself not let some dogs turn him into kibble. We should move towards them and trap Gee Gee between us and the dogs.”
    We checked our gear and weapons again and started off in the direction of where we heard the dogs while moving through the underbrush on the edge of the field. It was finally getting light enough to see so we were able to move quickly and the sound of the dogs was getting closer. As we reached the bank of the now rain swollen bayou we could hear the sounds of movement in the brush on the other side and the dogs getting ever closer. It was time to make a decision, should we cross back over the bayou or wait on this side for the dogs to drive them to us. We had them on the run in a panic and I was ready to get it done, no more waiting so we crossed the bayou holding weapons high and moved to intercept Gee Gee while the dogs chased them down to us.
    As we moved down the bank of the bayou I heard the faint sound of a helicopter in the distance. Was it just a ferry flight to one of the oil rigs in the gulf or was it coming to rescue Gee Gee? I suddenly had the feeling that we had made a terrible mistake. The sound of the chopper kept getting closer and I could tell it was flying at a very low altitude and not moving very fast. The feeling turned to a certainty and I knew that chopper was searching for the field to come in and land on. Was Gee Gee still with the group we could hear crashing through the trees being chased by the dogs or had he somehow got to the other side of the bayou and was going to be picked up any minute by the helicopter? “Stay with the chase!” I yelled at Robichaux and T-Bob “I think Gee Gee got to the other side of the bayou and I am going after him” I ran towards the bayou and practically jumped half way over it in hot pursuit of that chopper. Find the chopper find Gee Gee was all I could think as I got near the field. Just as the brush thinned I could see the helicopter swooping in to land and sure enough there was Gee Gee and one other guy with a shotgun running towards it. I unslung my AR-15 and quickly sighted in on the running pair, I let loose with a vengeance and saw my bullets striking the shotgun soldier in the back to drop him like a rock but his body shielded Gee Gee from the rest as the mag ran dry. I reached for a reload and had to fumble a fresh mag out of the pouch, I rammed it in the rifle and smacked it to make sure it was seated racked the bolt to chamber a round and pulled it tight into my shoulder to focus the sights on the running figure of Gee Gee. Just as I was about to fire he reached the chopper and literally dove headfirst into the open door. I hesitated a split second still not wanting to be responsible for shooting down a helicopter then thought “Fuck It!” and started firing anyway. The pilot was already lifting his machine into the morning air as I was blasting away and as he rose above the treetops I lost the line of sight and stopped shooting.
    I stood there in stunned amazement, to get so close and then have that slime ball Gee Gee slip from between my fingers and get away clean. I could not tell if any of the shots from my last mag hit the chopper or not, it did not seem to have any effect as it was fading off into the distance. Once the sound of the helicopter had completely gone I could hear the dogs again on the other side of the bayou and I hustled back in that direction while reloading my rifle. I crossed the bayou once again and heard the dogs really start to howl and fuss. As I got closer I could hear excited voices over the noise the dogs were making and soon came upon the sight of several men watching the dogs tear into something that lay on the ground. “Best ya not look to close less’n ya gots a strong stomach” said an older fella in overalls with a beard that would put ZZ Top to shame. I figured it to be this Stonesipher that Robichaux told me about and heeded his words. “Dem dogs done got de scent of blood off’n dat one and went into a frenzy” the old man said “don’t have ta worry none on dat city feller no more.” What about the rest of them, where did they get to?” I asked. “Don’t have to worry much bout dem neither, Marsha will find dey’s scent agin and we all’s gonna get back after em” Stonesipher replied.

That is why I have Dolls
    "Making DollsBook Great"

Don Keydick
    Participant
    • Posts 136
    @DKeydick

Apologies to all who have been following the story and are by now very anxiously awaiting the next chapter. I have been working with Rainking on some very special material that will be posted soon to continue the story and take it in a new direction with some rather startling reveals and action in a different locale. Please bear with us for the time being and I hope it will be worth waiting for.

That is why I have Dolls
    "Making DollsBook Great"

Don Keydick
    Participant
    • Posts 136
    @DKeydick

Stonesipher let the dogs get their fill and within a few minutes they had calmed enough to be controlled again. He spoke to them in some arcane tongue made up of indecipherable words and they all gathered around him. With the bitch Marsha in the lead they turned and took off again into the increasingly heavily wooded area. The cypress trees grew close together here with many cypress knees growing between the massive trunks and creating a kind of maze that we were navigating through. The solid ground gave way to a shallow water that covered all of the ground ahead and around us. Plodding on in water up to our ankles we kept following the dogs. I was close to Stonesipher when the water suddenly got much deeper and the dogs all stopped and just started swimming in circles and coming back to the shallow area. “Well looks like de water gets too deep fo de dogs to keep after de scent” Stonesipher said “If’n dem boys keeps to dat direction dese here dogs caint foller no moah.” “Where do you think they will end up going that way?” I asked. “Dis here cypress grove goes fo a ways befoah more dry land, de bayou is over to de east and pretty wide out chere.” Robichaux answered “I don’ tink deys gonna cross dat bayou me, I tink deys gonna bear to de west where it looks mo open but allus dat’ll get em is into mo deeper water. One way or da udder deys coming to de end of de line.” “Can we get around this cypress grove and cut em off?” I asked. T-Bob replied “de best bet is ta keep going dis here way and sees what dey get up to, de water aint gonna get much over tre or fo feet deep in dem cypress, jus too deep fo de dogs.” “we keep going then, Mr. Stonesipher if you wouldn’t mind hanging back here with the dogs in case they double back on us I would really appreciate it” I asked “Shit fire and save the matches son we’s aint going nowhere till dem city boys is all done been finished, dey aint smart enough to double back on ole T-Bob wit out his spotting em” Stonesipher replied “and if’n dey does Marsha won’t let em get away.”
    On we went deep into a dense growth of cypress where the trunks were so close together they looked like a solid wall from a few feet away. Every few minutes we would stop and listen for signs of which direction the remaining bad guys went. I was really surprised that they were still as far ahead as they had gotten. For a bunch of city boys they were pretty tough. I guess by now they knew it was escape or die so they were desperate and very motivated to keep moving. The sound of gunshots broke the almost churchlike silence of the cypress grove, several shots from a pistol followed by the booming of a shotgun. It came from a few hundred yards off in the general direction we were headed. As we went toward it the ground stated rising again and the water got more and more shallow until it was mostly just mud underfoot and we could clearly see fresh tracks. We followed these moving fast  until we heard what sounded like crying just ahead. We split up and fanned out to converge on the spot while checking for an ambush. Not spotting anyone else we moved in to where the sounds were coming from and saw a guy lying against one of the trees with a pistol in his hand. I managed to get around behind him and move right up to the tree he was leaning on. I pulled out my 1911 and reached around the tree to place the muzzle at the back of his skull.”Drop it!” I yelled while coming around the tree trunk. He did so quickly and with a very resigned voice said “you might as well go ahead and shoot me, that fucking snake bit the shit outta my leg and I know I’m a goner.” He pointed a few feet away where the biggest water moccasin (A very poisonous snake native to La.) I have ever seen lay cut in half by what I assume was the gunfire we had heard. “Yeah boy, you is done for sure as shooting” T-Bob said laughing “mocassin dat big kill ya in minutes” “Lets see that snakebite asshole” I said. He started to unwrap his shredded pants leg that had been used as a crude bandage and underneath it his leg had started to swell up and turn black. “So you aint even gonna pretend like you don’t know English I guess huh?” Robichaux asked him. “Whats the point? Fucking Gee Gee leaving us out here to die while he flies off.” “Alright then how many pricks are still out there?” I demanded “Why should I tell you?” he said “Because if you do I will put a bullet in your brain and end your pain but if you don’t we will sit here and watch as that leg gets so tight the skin will split and the venom will start getting to your nervous system and you will be in excruciating pain until you die” and I prodded his leg with the barrel of my rifle sending him into a screaming fit. “Go ahead and scream now, The pain will get much worse if you don’t tell me.” “Fucking Gee Gee, There are three more guys out there.” “What kinda guns and how much ammo they got left?” I asked prodding his leg again. Two pistols and a shotgun, I don’t know how much ammo but not much.” ” Alright lets get going and finish these three assholes so we can go home.” I said to T-Bob and Robichaux and as we started to leave the snakebit soldier pleaded for me to shoot him like I said I would and the three of us just kept going. I called back over my shoulder to him and said ” your suffering is payback for all the suffereing you have caused to the people I care about, I hope it is a long painful end for you.”

That is why I have Dolls
    "Making DollsBook Great"

Don Keydick
    Participant
    • Posts 136
    @DKeydick

We continued to follow the trail of footprints in the muddy ground of the now thinning cypress grove. We could move fast now and should be catching up to Gee Gee’s three remaining hired guns very soon. I noticed that the footprints split off in two directions and slowed down to let T-Bob and Robichaux catch up. I just pointed at the trail and T-Bob had a look then said “two a dem boys done went dat way towards de bayou and the last un went out towards that marshy looking patch. Tain’t nutting on de udder side a it but open water fo a ways till the barrier islands.” “Alright then I keep after the loner and you guys keep after the other two.” I told them and started down the trail leading south while they continued on the trail heading east. “Try to make your way back to here after” I called over my shoulder and ran down the trail of muddy footprints before me.
    The trees all gave way to marsh grass and cattails taller than me but it grows in big clumps with spaces between and left a maze of trails to choose from. The water started covering the ground again and it was getting harder to follow the right trail so I slowed down to listen for any sign of which way to go. I knew that the water would continue to get deeper if he kept heading south and did not want to get double backed on. After a few minutes of silence broken only by the sounds of insects and the wind in the grass I heard the distinct sound ofsomeone walking through knee deep or better water moving to the west of me. So he was trying to double back probably after gettin to the edge of the marsh grass and seeing the open water. I turned and ran back the way I came a hundred yards or so and then turned to the west to cut him off. As soon as I spotted some movement over on the western edge of the marsh grass I unslung my rifle and got ready to sight on him. All of a sudden this roaring sound like a million turbocharged bees buzzing exploded out of a big clump of marsh grass and cattails and I saw the Sheriff J.D. at the controls of the airboat roaring away toward the now running in the opposite direction bad guy.The sound and fury of the airboat rooted me to the spot for a few seconds but the bad guy never hesitated and spun around to sprint off at top speed. There was someone else on the airboat ripping out a big yell as the distance closed and then the big flat bottomed boat caught the bad guy right in the center of his back and mowed him down and smashed him into the mud. At the speed they were moving he never had a chance and J.D slowed down to turn and make another pass. I saw them come up to the last known location of Gee Gee’ soldier and coast to a stop.They both scanned the area and then pointed to a foot and ankle sticking up out of the mud that had been almost paved smooth by the bottom of the boat. The rest of his body was completely buried. Satisfied that he was definitely dead J.D. motored slowly over to where I was still standing. ” Ya’ll need a lift son” he drawled with a little grin. “Where the hell did ya’ll come from?” I exclaimed. “We done been monitoring dis here walkie talkie dat Robichaux done give us. We knowed which ways dis here fella went and got chere fust ta ambush his ass.” “Well it surely did work. Scared the living shit outta me, guess it scared the living shit outta that guy too, I never saw anyone change direction so fast” I said shaking my head. “Git on up chere and we gonna haul ass to de mouf of de bayou and come up on dose udder guys what done runnoft thattaway.”
    I climbed aboard onto the big bench seat above and behind J.D. and looked over at the other passenger. He stuck out his hand and grinned at me and said “How ya doin, names Rainking, My girl Eva is Chloe’s sister. Eva sent me down  here to make sure Chloe is alright. I met up with J.D. when he dropped off the wounded back at the boat landing and I volunteered to come along. Nothings gonna happen back at Chloe’s and even if it did there must be 20 armed people watching out already so I wanted to come get in on the fun.” “Glad to know you Rainking, Names Donny and it was my cousin Tracie’s parents that this Gee Gee scumbag and his soldiers killed.”
    After that any more talk was impossible over the noise of the wide open motor of the airboat. After about 10 minutes of high speed over open water J.D. slowed down and turned into the mouth of the bayou and handed me the walkie “Get Robichaux and find where dey at” he said to me “Me and Rainy gonna scan both side de bayou.”
    “Robichaux whats your 20?” I called into the walkie “Dat You Donny?” he replied “You get your’n?” “His name is mud now. what about your two? We are just coming up into the bayou.” “Tell J.D. we is at the gator pit” he said “and yep we got em” J.D. started laughing and I said “I guess you heard that and know where it is?” “yep dem udder two boys is gator bait now for sure. Dat ole Troy Landry don’t know whar all dese gators is. It’s one of de biggest buncha gators you gonna evah come acrost in de wild.” We kept moving up the bayou and every now and then taking a turn up into smaller bayous feeding the main one. It was getting very overgrown and the brush on both sides was getting into the prop sometimes turning the airboat into a giant weed whacker. As we came to a slightly more open area we saw Robichaux and T-Bob waiting on the bank and got close enough for them to jump aboard. “Jus keep goin J.D. dem boys is up de bayou heading right into dem gators. Hain’t no way we all was gonna go in after em on foot.”
    As we continued on, one side of the bayou suddenly opened up into the bright sunlight and on the bank were dozens of the big prehistoric looking beasts, some of them must have been 15 feet long, sunning themselves out in the open. The sound of the airboat disturbed their torpor and they all scattered, most into the water but others into the woods behind them. As we rounded a sharp bend the bayou widened into a big pond surrounded by a mud flat that was also well populated with the reptillian monsters. At the far end was a ruckus going on with 4 or 5 of the largest fighting over something, tearing at it and trying to take it away from the others. As we got closer I could see it was a human torso with one leg and only part of the other still attached. The head and both arms were gone and it was streaming entrails. J.D killed the motor and we just sort of drifted in closer. “Well I’ll be damned ain’t that a sight” exclaimed J.D. The rest of us were silent as we watched the big gators rip apart the remains of the body. “Alright that leaves one unless them gators got him already” I stated. “I don’t tink dey’s got him yet dere Donny” T-Bob said pointing over to our left. We were so intent on watching the carnage we completely missed the last of Gee Gee’s soldiers clinging to a branch about 10 feet above the bank. Below him there were several more gators content to just outwait their prey.
    It made for a pretty funny sight, there was this scared looking stupid round face with a cheesy little mustache staring wide eyed at us from a rigid motionless body dressed in a tattered suit with no shoes or socks clinging to a branch for dear life. He had just seen his buddy torn apart by gators and was now facing down 5 armed men while trapped in a tree surrounded by more hungry gators. “Hey Boy! How ya doin over theah?” J.D. called to him. He never moved, I don’t think he even blinked. “Well shit!” I exclaimed “aint that something, sumbitch is like in a trance or something.” “What do you want do do?” J.D. asked “We caint wait fo dis fool ta fall offen dat branch now.” “I got an idea” Rainking said “target practice.” You mean ta jus up an choot em?” T-Bob asked a little sheepishly. “No, he means this” I answered while taking careful aim and pulling the trigger. Wood splintered at the point where the branch met the trunk of the tree and suddenly the Italian gunman opened his mouth and started cursing rapidly in Italian. I didn’t get most of it except for a few words, pazzo, demenziale, maniaco and stuff like that. Rainking said “that’s what I’m talking about” and took aim and fired at the same spot splintering even more of the branch. Gee Gee’s last soldier started pleading and praying as he realized what we were up to. I fired again and the branch gave a loud crack and visibly dropped a few feet. The hired gun from Italy started shrieking and crying now as this time all of us took aim and J.D did a countdown “tree, two, one, FIRE!” and we all fired at the same time and the branch dropped to the bank right on top of one of the gators. That one jumped and twisted and got hold of the now totally screwed last gunman from Italy and dragged him into the bayou and began doing the death roll where a gator will hold its prey under water and roll over and over until it is dead then stash it to ripen. Gators prefer their meat to be putrid before eating it.
    “Alrighty then, dat bout takes care of dat” said J.D. “now lets get the hell outta chere ya’ll. I’m ready fo a beer me.” He cranked up the motor, turned the airboat around and we headed back to the boat landing and to civilization.

That is why I have Dolls
    "Making DollsBook Great"

Eva L’Fleur
    Keymaster
    • Posts 161
    @dbevadmin

Excellenté Donnie!  Love it! great recount.. Rainy told me all about it when he got home 🙂

Don Keydick
    Participant
    • Posts 136
    @DKeydick

Thanks so much Eva. It has been quite an adventure so far down in South Louisiana but the story is far from over and there are still some big questions to be answered. There will be some international intrigue involved with the upcoming chapters that will lead us all the way to the Vatican in Rome.

That is why I have Dolls
    "Making DollsBook Great"

Julia Jameson
    • Posts 182
    @DonKeydick

Hi everyone. This is a kind of after the battle wrap up report on what we were up to while Donny and everyone else were hunting for that bastard Gee Gee and his goon squad out in the swamp. After Donny first left with Mr. Robichaux and that funny little guy T-Bob and a few others I was super scared that something bad was going to happen to them out in the swamps. We kept getting reports over the walkie talkie and from Sheriff J.D. so at least we were not totally in the dark. It seemed like everything was going well  until the first ambush when two of the people in the group with Donny did get shot up. Thankfully neither one of them was too seriously wounded and after the Sheriff got them to the boat landing they went immediately to the hospital to get patched up. Maurice had been shot in the upper arm but the bullet passed clean through his bicep and didn’t break any bones, he is doing fine and will recover quickly. Mr. Thibadeaux had been hit side on with a shotgun blast of birdshot of all things. He should consider himself lucky because if it had been buckshot he would have been seriously injured or killed. As it was his clothing stopped a lot of it and the BBs just left some ugly looking bruises but anywhere his skin was exposed was full of little BBs lodged just under the skin and quite a few tore through his pants and ended up in his leg and thigh. He will also make a full recovery and just have some scars and a story to tell when its all said and done.

Now that we have updated everyone on our wounded people I will tell ya’ll what we did while all that was happening. First of all Chloe is sooooo cool, she never got scared or nervous or anything. She just took charge and made sure we were all comfortable and taken care of then she got in her kitchen and cooked up a big pot of seafood gumbo for everyone so we did not have to worry about food. I never saw so many people with so many guns before. They were in and out constantly and kept a close watch over Chloe’s house and patrolled around in case any of the goon squad doubled back or in case another hit team was in the area. Gabby was taking care of Tracie so I tried to help Chloe keep everyone fed while we waited on news of the hunt. That Chloe is something else, she is so funny and was trying to keep our spirits up with her antics while we had nothing to do but wait. We could hear a little bit of the conversations on the walkies but mostly it was garbled or distorted so we were relying on the Sheriff J.D. to keep us informed. He is also quite a character and is basically a walking talking cliche of a southern lawman. He is a little short and round with a very red face and a big chaw of tabacky in his jaw and the way he talks makes me almost start laughing out loud, I mean everyone down here has an accent but DAMN does he talk funny. Anyway he is almost like an uncle to Tracie so he was for sure going to make sure she was alright and that all the good folk in the swamp hunting Gee Gee were going to get whatever they needed. That first day seemed to go on forever but eventually the sun went down and we all tried to get some rest.

We were up with the sun the morning of the second day and I fixed everyone a big breakfast of biscuits and smoked sausage. After we ate Tracie seemed to be coming to grips with everything and she wanted to know what was happening with the search for Gee Gee. The Sheriff stopped by to grab a cup of coffee and get some volunteers to help him go to the boat launch and put the big airboat, that was on a trailer behind his pickup, in the water so he could get out there and help with the search. I really wanted to go with him but he would only let me ride in the truck to the boat launch and he made stay there when they took off in the airboat. At least I was a little closer to the action and could make out what they were saying on the walkies out there on the police radio in J.D.’s truck. After a few hours of just sitting there and monitoring the radio I heard the frantic call in about some of our people getting shot and needing immediate help. I got so scared thinking the worst and hoping for the best until I heard Donny’s voice come over the radio to guide the Sheriff in to pick up the wounded and ferry them back here so they could get to a hospital. I looked around in the truck for a first aid kit and finally found one under the seat so I took it out and checked it for bandages and stuff to help patch up the wounded for their trip to the hospital. I heard the airboat coming and got ready to help get the wounded in the truck as soon as they arrived at the landing. That old J.D. piloted that airboat right up the launch and swung around in a flurry of dust and flying debris to stop right next to the truck. We helped get Maurice and Mr. Thibadeaux off the big bench seat of the airboat and I started to check their wounds while J.D. unhitched the boat trailer from his pickup truck. Somebody had done  pretty fair job of covering the wounds but the blood was startring to seep through so I re bandaged  what I could and cleaned up the rest. The wound in Maurice’s arm  would not stop bleeding but Mr. Thibadeaux’s wounds were just oozing a little blood now so we got them cleaned off and into the truck and we we were off to the hospital. It was over an hour away and even with the siren and flashers on and old J.D. running the guts out of that truck it still took over forty minutes to get there. After we dropped them at the emergency room we turned around and headed straight back to Chloe’s and J.D. dropped me off and went back to the boat landing. ” I tinks dat dis here sitiation is bouts ta get hairy and I don’ want you in noways in da crossfire missy so you best stay here with Chloe fo naw.” He told me as I got out of the truck. I was  cool with that and besides I was getting hungry as it was now getting into the evening of the second day. As evening turned to night we had not heard anything new from Donny but we had an unexpected guest show up at Chloe’s. Chloe has a twin sister named Eva and Eva sent her guy, named Rainking, down to Chloe’s to keep an eye on her and help any way he could. He was super nice too and it was comforting to have him there. I mean all of Chloe’s neighbors are great and everything but having someone (a guy who has guns and knows how to use them) in the house made us all feel a lot safer. The wind started blowing in and the temperature dropped about 10 degrees and we knew a big storm was about hit us any time. I hoped Donny and the rest of our people could find a little shelter out there to ride out this storm in and I hoped that Gee Gee got struck by lightning HA! Right before the bottom dropped out J.D made it back to Chloe’s and filled us in, he had got the airboat back on the trailer  and had talked to Donny on the walkie. “Don’ be worrying ya pretty little heads naw, Donny an dem udders is gonna be jus fine out dere. Deys got ponchos and plenny trees to get up under and dey tinks dey got dat ole Gee Gee spotted and will deal wit him in de moaning.”  Rainy (he told us to call him Rainy) asked J.D. if he could ride along in the morning on the airboat and help catch up to Gee Gee since things here were quiet and there were plenty of armed neighbors about. “Well young fella if’n ya wants too I would be jus plum tickled ta have ya along in de moaning. Can you choot dat rifle ya gots dere at all?” “I can and I will if the need arises” Rainy told him. ” I is gonna come by and scoop ya up at sunrise an den we’s gonna go get that sumbitch and his eye-talian hoods.” the Sheriff said as he ran off into the deluge to his truck.

Rainking was already gone with J.D. when I woke up to start the third day of this whole crazy affair. After breakfast all we could do was wait, it had stopped raining and there was a foggy mist over the ground everywhere that slowly dissipated as the sun rose higher in the sky. We had no idea what was going on out in the swamp and the tension started to build along with the heat. Sometime in the afternoon the walkie talkie started making noise and we went outside with it hoping to pick up the signal better. We could get a few words and Chloe suddenly started laughing and said  “ya’ll hear dat? Dey got da rest a dem bad guys headin in ta de gator pit. Dat means bad news fo dem po suckas, dey is gator bait now fo sure.”  We all grinned at each other in relief as it sounded like the hunt was almost done and the bad guys were going to get what they deserved. “I best go get ta making up some jambalaya so all dose men of our’n have some ting to gnaw on when deys get back” Chloe told us as she went back in the house. I wanted to go to the boat landing and meet everyone but we decided we all better just stay here and wait for the homecoming. It wasn’t too long before I spotted J.D.s truck coming up the road and I let out a huge sigh of relief when I saw Donny in the passenger seat. It was a joyous reunion and after I hugged and kissed Donny he started to tell us all what they had been through the last 2 days and nights. Well that story has been told and now we had to decide what next. “I am curious to know what happened to that first fella we caught” Donny asked Mr. Robichaux “and whats gonna happen to the rest of those bodies we left out there?” “Don be worrying none over da likes of dose bodies, anyting left out in dat swamp decomposes real fast an da critters will scatter deys bones far and wide. Dat is, what da gators don’ get” he replied. “But that first fella we caught was still alive when we left him tied to that tree” I said. “Member Clem and Cletus?” Robichaux asked “deys took dat boy fo a little ride down de bayou and staked his ass to de ground at the tideline by de gulf. Now he aint gonna drown no but he will get et up by de crabs dats running by dere. Dem crabs will pick his bones clean in coupla days dem.” I shivered involuntarily just thinking about it, a death by a thousand cuts in a kind of twisted way. Imagine watching yourself get eaten a tiny pincerful at a time. We all just kind of fell out all over the place at Chloe’s after feasting on what was I swear some of the best jambalaya I ever had. The next morning we said  our goodbyes and thank yous to Chloe and Rainking and all of her neighbors and headed back home. Tracie and Gabby sat silently in the back seat the whole ride home and I held onto Donny’s hand so tight my fingers got numb. Once we got home and got everyone settled it was time to start thinking about where gee Gee might have went to ground and how we could find him to finally finish it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.