2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by RGC_LuLu 5 days, 10 hours ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Eva L’Fleur (In Thy Dark Carnival)
      • Posts 178
      @dbevadmin

Here is a collection of videos please add videos only.. comment on other threads.

Mishka’s Famous TPE repairs using heat:

Factory work (no temp gun due to skill level)

The clear liquid is Mineral Oil. (no temp gun due to skill level)

RGC_LuLu
      Keymaster
      • Posts 47
      @RGC67

https://arsels.info/video/advanced-tpe/is93jmWxcqS0y3Q.html

More videos from Mishka (If they post here)    🙂

The crotch repair is cool. It’s odd when I’d suggested this sort of thing once upon a time, I got scoffed at on a certain place. 🙂

Lot of smoke when he flows that stuff into the gash on crotch. Shows it’s a bit too hot. TPE will degrade fast if temperatures are too hot. May look nice for a while, but could turn yellow  I had a small incision for replacing fingers that I’d sealed with an iron. after a month or so it had discolored. So always take your sweet time, flowing fast can be harmful. keep any specks of dirt out of your flowing TPE and you should be able to make a decent fix. Spoons and torches? sort of half ass. Again, can run risk of over heating.

I am always learning and I have learned, lower temperatures slow flow is easier. Less chance of thermal degradation.  Air station 100 degrees celcius to 150 degree celcius is plenty for most TPE’s

RGC_LuLu
      Keymaster
      • Posts 47
      @RGC67

I know the OP said “no comments” 🙂 I just cannot help myself though, Video title says “WM TPE leg repair”, but just shows ’em using “glue” to close up. Quite likely they put a hole in there to access nut to tighten up.

I do not always wipe surface with oil before applying the solvent/glue. But I suppose it is good practice. All the recommendations to absorb oil for a few days before repair is not really required.  Take forever to close up a little cut if spending days soaking in oil that is not needed 🙂 (My 2 cents) It does help protect areas around the cut if a little bit is dripped where we don’t want it.  Just like oily solvent body color hmmmmm 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.