Register Forums Announcements (dollsbook Crier) Upcoming dollsbook feature video!

97 replies, 11 voices Last updated by Anonymous 5 years ago
Viewing 95 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Hey dollsbookers!!

I have been talking to @KI5JYD about making a nice possibly quarterly video, starting March 1 or so.

What we need or would like is if you would want your girl in the slide show, please attach a photo of her here.

Oh please stay classy, and no nudes for this one… perhaps later we can make a “racy” one!!

here is an example.. You can put name and if you want your db “handle”

The photos will remain yours, but, submitting a photo will grant dollsbook the usage rights for promotional purposes. You may also add your name or © marks. We only ask to use them with your permission.

Updated and changed photo… to.. me!!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Yes, I will be producing this video. We need to get a Dollsbook YouTube channel, though.

Please get your pictures in by no later than midnight CST February 28, 2019.

If you need software to put the info required on the photos as proscribed by @RainKing, here’s a couple I recommend:

For beginners:
      Paint.NET (Windows only): https://www.getpaint.net/download.html

A little advanced:
      GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP, libre [free as in both beer and freedom] Photoshop alternative, Windows, Linux and Mac OS X): https://www.gimp.org/downloads [or use your favorite package manager like apt, dnf, pacman, zypper, etc.])

Music will be selected by a poll. If I don’t have it, I can easily get it from YouTube with youtube-dl.

Pictures should be a widescreen (16:9) format, in landscape orientation, and high quality, at least 3 megapixels. I am striving for a professional quality video, and keeping the quality of the pictures consistent ensures the final product would be top notch.

Let’s showcase what Dollsbook is about!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

This is an example of how to do it in GIMP (Windows 10, but is applicable in all GIMP 2.10.8 ports):

I use the Ubuntu font (download its TrueType font for other OSes than Ubuntu [it’s already installed if you have Ubuntu] at font.ubuntu.com, unzip it, and then install it in your system’s fonts folder). The “Official Dollsbook Color” is Hex code #FA6795.

Click the “A” (insert text), choose your font (I chose Ubuntu, but that’s my preference), and change the color to your preference. (Again, I used #FA6795, “Dollsbook Pink”, but if you want, choose something else.)  Move the text by holding the “CTRL” and “ALT” keys together while dragging with the mouse.

Press CTRL+ALT+E (CMD+OPT+E on Mac) to save it, et voila, your picture is ready!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

And here’s the submission from me!

Keep bringing in those pictures! Show that your girls aren’t merely sex toys, but people in their own right!

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

Great idea guys, we will get right on trying to choose the perfect photos for all three of us girls and submit them soonest.

"Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions." unknown

The unofficial Mayor of the Dollyverse always "Making DollsBook Great"

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 56
      @

LuAnne is in…..

There is my submission for the video. Pick whichever or all if you wish.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

WooHoo!!!! We have three submissions so far:

Eva L’Fleur, @dbevadmin
      Miss LuAnne, @luludoll
      And last but never least,
      Daphne C Tilbrook, @daphnetilbrook!

Awaiting submissions from @donkeydick and the rest of @dkeydick’s gals, but a typical song is 4 minutes in length. I prefer to make a slide last no longer than 10 seconds (including time for transition effects), so please keep submitting!

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

Here ya go, our three photos.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 56
      @

Here ya go, our three photos.

Looking amazing!! The clothing you have on all of them look great!! I love the shorty-short over alls!!!  Looking like a simple country farm girl, that sips her lemonade while she watches the guys do chores that sexy Tracie Marie!!

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

Thanks Lulu, we wanted to go with clothes that reflect our individual personalities. I love a simple summery dress, Gabby is at home in a more shall we say revealing dress and Tracie is in her absolute favorite little outfit.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 16
      @

This looks like fun, Lin just received part of her outfit, still waiting for the boots, I guess I can go get some shoes for the interim. Also gotta learn how to do makeup. We, Lin ans I the keeper, will get right on this band wagon…

Chloé Richard
      Participant
      • Posts 3
      @swamprincess

Hey Der Ya’ll

I done hauled off an been real busy wit school dis term an ain’t had no time to come and see y’all.

So I’m gunna trow mah hat in da ring and put up a picture too.

Original Swamp Princess!

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

Hey Chloe! great photo cher, I love the hat! Hey Alexa we have a suggestion for the song in the video “Imaginary Lovers” by Atlanta Rhythm Section I know it is very 70s but the lyrics so fit our whole thing that it is almost Spooky, LOL! Another song by ARS, and another great one at that.

Here are the lyrics.

Atlanta Rhythm Section

“Imaginary Lover”

Imaginary lovers
      Never turn you down
      When all the others turn you away
      They’re around
      It’s my private pleasure
      Midnight fantasy
      Someone to share my
      Wildest dreams with me
      Imaginary lover you’re mine anytime
      Imaginary lovers, oh yeah
      When ordinary lovers
      Don’t feel what you feel
      And real-life situations lose their thrill
      Imagination’s unreal
      Imaginary lover, imaginary lover
      You’re mine anytime
      Imaginary lovers…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCPnwSFN0ZM

I still don’t know who the heck Cathy Waterstein is and the internet doesn’t either. It will remain one of life’s great mysteries I guess.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Alright!!!!!!! Great work, guys and dolls! Awesome submissions so far!

Yeah, Julia… thanks for the song. I’ll fire up rg3’s youtube-dl and get the MP3 for the song, thanks to you giving me the video (albeit embedded, but right-click and hit “copy Video URL” and got it). Even though, it might get a copyright warning or taken down (depending on who owns the rights to the song)… so I’ll use it. And I don’t mind the era it’s from. This is a collaborative effort. It’s not 100% my work. It’s 100% yours. And without Dollsbook members submitting their contributions, this would not have happened!

And @dbevadmin… the first photo you posted was your sister! What was going on?! Anywho, Good thing you caught it and fixed it… and edited my post likewise, and had @rainking tell me personally, and thank you for doing that. It’s that I posted the “ABs” (“Atta Boys”) as I seen it.

And keep those submissions coming.

Julia, Gabby and Tracie… Holy $#!+…! Nice trio there!

RainKing – ADM
      Participant
      • Posts 104
      @rainking

Julia,

We can try, but we may need to use creative commons or free music as we do not want to get a DMCA strike against us.. I think you tube is like 2 of them you are banned.

Chloé was a little smug looking there because she and Eva argued over who was riding shotgun.  I had to settle it by flipping a coin.

It seemed like a long ride to Alexa and Meso’s because Eva was pee ohhed and every time I looked in the review mirror her eyes shot daggers at me!

Sorry baby.. glad we are are over that one… whew

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

Cool guys, and I just wanted to bring that particular song to light anyways so no prob if it doesn’t work out. That song and “Green Eyed Lady” by Sugarloaf are two of my all time faves. Back to how much “stuff” Donny has you can include hundreds of vinyl albums, those round black things with a hole in the center that you play on a turntable for all you youngsters, that he has amassed over the years including lots that belonged to his father that they would listen to when Donny was a wee lad. So even though I might be a youngster (I turn 23 next week on our anniversary) I am quite familiar with music from the 60s and 70s and prefer it to a lot of the crap that comes out today and I really love the old albums with their awesome artwork on the covers.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 16
      @

Okay here I am in my new outfit for your consideration, also I am striking quit a pose….

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

That is an AWESOME photo Lin, for some reason it reminds me of the girl from “Kill Bill” Gogo Yubari, who was O-Ren Ishii’s bodyguard, all dressed to kill in her little schoolgirl outfit. You giving the camera a big old razberry is the perfect touch of humor. Oh and BTW “thank you for your consideration” (you were kind of paraphrasing the Katniss Everdeen quote, weren’t you? LOL!) in posting that most excellent photo. I can’t help it I think in terms of movie and TV quotes all the time so even if that was not your intention I just “hear” it that way. It is just one of my little personality quirks.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Cool guys, and I just wanted to bring that particular song to light anyways so no prob if it doesn’t work out. That song and “Green Eyed Lady” by Sugarloaf are two of my all time faves. Back to how much “stuff” Donny has you can include hundreds of vinyl albums, those round black things with a hole in the center that you play on a turntable for all you youngsters, that he has amassed over the years including lots that belonged to his father that they would listen to when Donny was a wee lad. So even though I might be a youngster (I turn 23 next week on our anniversary) I am quite familiar with music from the 60s and 70s and prefer it to a lot of the crap that comes out today and I really love the old albums with their awesome artwork on the covers.

Oh Julia, I am so flattered!!  you know Rainy calls me that as well, he introduced me to that song too.. its a great move your feet jam too.

😀

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

I love it when we are cuddling or snuggling and Donny whispers the lyrics in my ear while kissing on my neck. I am his green eyed lady for sure, even though my eyes are blue right now LOL! My natural eye color is green and my natural hair color is red. Oh yeah and on another ” note” why don’t we have any of our resident musicians come up with a little original music for the video? Anyone…?

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Julia that sounds great, but sadly Rainy is not a writer, he just plays he can write with a track, but has to get a general tune first. then go with it.. poor boy is all thumbs.. hehe  perhaps later on we can create one.  I think it should be an easy listening tune.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Julia that sounds great, but sadly Rainy is not a writer, he just plays he can write with a track, but has to get a general tune first. then go with it.. poor boy is all thumbs.. hehe perhaps later on we can create one. I think it should be an easy listening tune.

Original music would be better. That way, it won’t get a copyright strike, but YouTube’s ContentID algorithm can even detect the simplest chords and think, “Oh! it’s this song by this WMG (Warner Music Group) artist! Taking down!” When it isn’t even. There’s even this fake-ass company in the UK called “Believe Music” who will file a takedown in a heartbeat.

(stepping off my soapbox here)

But… I’m pleased with the submissions so far, but eight photos a slideshow does not make. Please keep some more coming in! Or I’m gonna do a broadcast PM to @all to make it so!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Oh… If YouTube doesn’t sound like a valid option… There is always The Internet Archive.

I uploaded a video there in 2014, with copyrighted music… It’s still there. https://archive.org/details/Juggadolls2014PromoPastPresentAndFuture

I’ll have to get a new Internet Archive account for Dollsbook, but that’s NOT a problem. I just realized that alternative.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

Alright, got a message from Alexa, I’l do something Friday 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 16
      @

Hello all I received an urgent message about submitting to this project and so here is a second picture of me for the cause

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Adding some photos of all three of my girls together. Come on people we need lots more entries so Alexa has enough to work with.

"A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man" Ulysses Everett McGill
      That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Hey guys, I think we veered off topic here in a few posts…

@dutchdancemaniac
      , We if you have any particular ones, please just let us know. I understand you are busy. We would prefer the companion pick the shots but will do it in a pinch for ya.

As far as doll brand/quality discussions, we should do that in Dolls in General.  I will move the posts to a thread there so it may continue.  I ask, please be nice. Just a friendly reminder.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Moved the OT replies to their own topic in Dolls In General. @dutchdancemaniac, your Timea is beautiful, no doubt, but please remember, it’s okay to be this way, but you have to remember also, this topic is about submitting pictures of dolls for a Dollsbook multimedia project. I understand you’re grieving your doll’s health, but this topic isn’t for that. It belongs in its own topic. Just a friendly reminder 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Alright, got a message from Alexa, I’l do something Friday 🙂

Friday is fine! Take your time! Maybe you’ve got something new in mind! Maybe I should do the same (something new)!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Oh also there can be multiple submissions as well.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 56
      @

Oh also there can be multiple submissions as well.

Super!! Then EviLu must make the appearance 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Yaaassss Lu awesome!!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

Heres my submission, had a bit of trouble with the font… the color is correct. Jpeg in 4k was too big, so instead of 1080 I resized the picture to 1600 (2k was also too big). See yah!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

pffffffffffffffff uploading photo… soo hard 😛 RETRY

edit: why is she cut in half ? I’l try with imgur

edit2: with an attached file, shes not cut in half, good lord 😛

EDIT:  Mr. V and Marianne, I fixed your photo..

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

If your interested, I can make a little track for your prom video

Something deep: https://soundcloud.com/zero_retro/futuregarage2

Something else: https://soundcloud.com/zero_retro/zero-retro-first-love-jamming-with-some-stuff

All of that is a bit rough, but if the deadline is not too short and the track is short ( 1min ) , I could produce something decent. Only instrumental if you wish, but it will be electronic of course.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

If your interested, I can make a little track for your prom video Something deep: https://soundcloud.com/zero_retro/futuregarage2 Something else: https://soundcloud.com/zero_retro/zero-retro-first-love-jamming-with-some-stuff All of that is a bit rough, but if the deadline is not too short and the track is short ( 1min ) , I could produce something decent. Only instrumental if you wish, but it will be electronic of course.

Please do! Little “Romantic Techno” if you can. You will get credit. Thanks for your contributions, especially Marianne. She’s a beaut!

Whats the deadline ? How long ? Do you have an example? Could some kind of dub techno at a slower tempo composed with min7 chord instead of min do the job ? If I start monday the 25, you could have it wednesday the 27 in the evening. Need more info thx.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

ahhhh, future house like flume on a slower tempo but same style of synth…

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 56
      @

Yaaassss Lu awesome!!

For everyones info. Do not put any clay based decorations on your doll. Those horns were fused on her head real well, I thought for sure I damaged her head. But she recovered ok. So if you want to make a devil or Unicorn/whatever. make sure they have cloth on the base of horn. I made a wire hat for the horns to keep them on her. but even after an hour, the oils/clay created a sealing effect… Another idea for glue? lol I think there is research being done with clay and polymers. So much to learn/know about the polymers. 🙂

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Going to throw in a few more of the girls in costume just to show their range of different characters and give Alexa more to work with. Better to have too many and just pick the best.

"A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man" Ulysses Everett McGill
      That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

for some reason something goes wrong posting the right pictures, will try it again in next post and hopefully it works then.

However Unreal This May Be, We Are Connected.... You And I.
      We Are On The Same Curve, Point Of All Is:
      We Share The Same Secret .... We Love Our Doll (s) And Our LifeStyle.
      That Makes Us Who We Really Are....... Pure, Loving and Caring...... Welcome Into Our World.

Life Is Like A Never Ending Dance, Let The Music Play !!!

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

So i choose my 5 pictures for the feature video. I you need some more pics for the video just let me now and deliver a few more on demand.

Greetings DDM and the girls.

That Makes Us Who We Really Are....... Pure, Loving and Caring...... Welcome Into Our World.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 56
      @

another photo submission for LuAnne

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

Oh wow, Luanne is beautiful on this one !

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Great photo of Marianne Mr. V and the lovely Lulu looking hot in her pink wig and all of DDM’s ladies looking awesome too. This is going to be one hell of a great video guys with all the great photos.

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

Great photo of Marianne Mr. V and the lovely Lulu looking hot in her pink wig and all of DDM’s ladies looking awesome too. This is going to be one hell of a great video guys with all the great photos.

Thx bud!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

Poll to everyone involved in this. I’l start producing a track for db tomorrow in the evening and I got 3 days ahaha… Is this style ok for you ? (in the electronic love song genre)

Thanks for your input.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

joking there

/need_Input.exe

/able_to_sleep=false;

/entity=input_provided;

/sub_program=fall_asleep.exe;

/if_entity:input_provided=true:then_execute_subprogram_fall_asleep.exe;

/if_entity:input_provided=false;goto_1

/end_program

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

Cool Mr V, we love good techno and personally think it would be awesome for you to create a unique piece of music for the video. If you do decide to do it I am sure Alexa will give some leeway on the deadline. It would be better overall for All the content of the video to come from members IMHO.  Of course we realize it will be time consuming but it will be much appreciated.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

Alright !

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 56
      @

joking there /need_Input.exe /able_to_sleep=false; /entity=input_provided; /sub_program=fall_asleep.exe; /if_entity:input_provided=true:then_execute_subprogram_fall_asleep.exe; /if_entity:input_provided=false;goto_1 /end_program

Twilight is the one I like.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

@MrVitalic,

Love the something in the style of the second one with the space…  Rose of Jericho… also if you want feel free to put some female voice clips in.. or such.. no moaning or climaxing haha simple words… etc.  or such as that… Oh and you yourself in there too.. a healthy dose of your style!!

Sorry for late reply MrV Rainy has had band all weekend long… gaaahh at least he gave me my spa day!!

And @Luludoll  Love that photo!! Pink looks great on ya!!

Isabella Dollicious
      • Posts 19
      @L4ZLO

pic for dollsbook vid

Isabella Dollicious
      • Posts 19
      @L4ZLO

help i cant upload a pic…max file size 1000 kb??

how the hell can i uplead a HD pic if max filesize is only 1000 kb???

Anonymous
        Inactive
        • Posts 172
        @

help i cant upload a pic…max file size 1000 kb?? how the hell can i uplead a HD pic if max filesize is only 1000 kb???

1000kB is 1 meg roughly…

How large is the photos you have Isabella? I can set the size to accept larger files sizes, but if it is large, in format, we will have to resize a bit to make it fit. else all we will see is legs or head he he

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

So for the theme… I first started only with strictly sample base music and then made a prototype named lighthouse. I found it to be too much melancholic and personal. Not good. Then tonight I made unexpected, another prototype. This time I wrote my own chord progression and made my own sound design. Better. Both sound rough because its raw (minimal mixing). Someone told me that we could maybe wait until March 15 to release the video. Anyway, if my stuff is not right and you want to use whatever fit best, I’m ok with it. I think unexpected could be nice. Maybe more energetic with a top piano melody, but since I always produce in minor chords I always end up with more spacy sounding track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvhvBKmIFnc&t=136s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnHxUTgK3-I

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Well, MrVitalic, I like them both! take your time. I want this to be community orientated. Very glad to have you on the sound!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Yeah, @MrVitalic, and everybody else, take your time. @dbevadmin and I decided to extend the deadline to the 22nd of March for submissions because we realized that we were pushing ourselves to get it done.

I listened to your test tracks, MrVitalic, and I’m about to subscribe to your YouTube channel. Damn awesome work!

Oh… Even though this isn’t a submission, but I got me a Mac too! It’s a Late 2006 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo 17″ iMac. It was a Mac made for the education market, but here’s the specs… https://everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-2-duo-1.83-17-inch-specs.html

It was free as in free beer.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Somehow the picture didn’t upload…

Somehow the mobile theme of Dollsbook is screwy. Worked this time. Had to go into the desktop version.

Isabella Dollicious
      • Posts 19
      @L4ZLO

I just submitted 4 pics for dollsbook vid,although im not sure they uploaded…..

Isabella Dollicious
      • Posts 19
      @L4ZLO

pic

Isabella Dollicious
      • Posts 19
      @L4ZLO

pic

Isabella Dollicious
      • Posts 19
      @L4ZLO

Still got 2 more pics I can’t seem to upload…

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 56
      @

Still got 2 more pics I can’t seem to upload…

Downloaded one of your pics. It was 8 megabyte. So you may want to see if making file size smaller will help

Ooops I just noticed they put max file size up to 10 meg. So keep an eye on file sizes. If file sizes are too big, I’ve noticed it does not give a message stating so.  So no hints given when we make mistakes. 🙂

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

We all really like the second test track “Unexpected” Mr. Vitalic. It is exactly the kind of beat I was thinking of for a project like this, lively but not too fast. Listening to it I could easily imagine the photos slowly transitioning and changing while it plays. Nice score on the iMac Alexa! Excellent photo submissions from Isabella, so sorry you are having difficulty uploading photos, it can be a little frustrating until you get a handle on it. I agree with pushing the date back Alexa, no sense in rushing it, take some time to enjoy doing it without pressure and it will be a much better end result, guaranteed. We got 2 new cool photography backdrops so that will give us time to submit more new photos as well.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

@l4zlo

Linked your pics.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

Ok thanks Eva and KI5JYD for the delay 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

Oh and KI5JYD : the Imac you found is pretty neat ! They can still be used for many things.  It is similar to my macbook pro late 2006. I still use it when needed. Keep it, these machine are really well built.

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

We have lot’s of beautyful photo entries, thank you all for your contributions my dollsbook friends.

@ MR Vitalic:  Fantastic work on the music, i like it. well done bro. Compliments !!!

If i’m allowed then this weekend i will add a few more new beautyful pics from my girls, need to edit the pics first……….  Made some new photoshoots again at the background for our community soon they will be posted……..

Greetings the dutchman and his girls.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

If i’m allowed then this weekend i will add a few more new beautyful pics from my girls, need to edit the pics first………. Made some new photoshoots again at the background for our community soon they will be posted…….. Greetings the dutchman and his girls.

@ki5jyd has extended the deadline to around March 25th to allow for the music creation… I know these deadlines have been a little loose, but It’s our first “contest” and we want everyone to be able to get in and we also do not want our artists to have that “rushed” feel.

So ya, you got time!

We will prob just announce something like.. “Ok submissions end in x week (date here) then the video gets created.

This video will be uploaded to Youtube and a link provided. Each member will have access to link and will be encouraged to share it all over the internet!  Twitter, insta, snapchat, anything you think of to get the word out and help us grow.. the more the merrier we say!!

<3Eva

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Here are some off my best Timea’s pics.  Take what you need, it’s just my own sellection…… and only a extra option in case you need some pics to fill the video with……  Maybe a nice idea to create a second video with timea only…….Just a idea…..

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Yes have shooted so much nice pics its hard to make a nice sellection out of 4000 pics…….. hahaha.  Yes call me crazy, well i am a bit but i love this photoshooting so much and timea also…… We are a perfect team…

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Photos photos photos……

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

And the last ones for now, just ask if you need more……… Or let me know if we can create a second video with Timea.  Would love that and Timea offcourse too…..

Thank you my brothers, We Love U !!!

Greetings and lot’s of love from your dutch friends.

Isabella Dollicious
      • Posts 19
      @L4ZLO

Pic

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Holy hell! Great job, y’all!

@mrvitalic
      , @dbevadmin and I had just decided to extend the deadline another week. As Eva said, this is our first “contest” of sorts, and we want to make it the best we can.

Composing music, as I heard, is not easy. I remember reading an old copy of TRS-80 Microcomputer News (a monthly newsletter published by Radio Shack for their own computer line from 1978 to 1984), and a few issues had a featured article about the “Orchestra-90” (software for the TRS-80 Model III/4, and the “Orchestra-90CC”, an add-on board for the TRS-80 Color Computer), which one article had some great suggestions regarding music composition.

Discarding many hours of work just because the composer him/herself doesn’t like it, is, needless to say, par for the course. To the unwashed masses, who are basically unaware of the process, just addicted to the AutoTuned crap of today, but even that is a finished product that the artist, producer, whatever, had to discard hours of many sessions to get the “perfect” sound.

So, I understand, and therefore, are willing to extend the deadline to March 29, 2019 at 11:59 PM Central (USA) Daylight Time. 

This is not just to give Mr. Vitalic enough time to finish composing the soundtrack, it’s to allow more people to get some more submissions in!

And @l4zlo … I got your email. Thanks for submitting the photos!

Keep up the good work, fellas!

And remember,

You ALL make Dollsbook Great!!!!

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

I will add a few pics from Daisy and Mariëlle too….  Gonna work on this at the background.

Cheers brothers.  We Love U !!!

Greetings from the Netherlands, DDM, Timea, Daisy & Mariëlle. 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

This is version 4, not finished yet. Still have to redo the main synth in omnisphere. I started to do a bit of mixing. As you can hear, at high volume the mix sound busy ( need more mixing ). It is not definitive sound wise but the structure is. Hope you like it or not. I’l post the finished track Sunday. ( the vocal is a bit out of sync, I know, I’l fix it)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ebPodbErMiNJG8t9XeJhqF5JOtZhcVu2/view?usp=sharing

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

Excellent work on the music Mr. Vitalic @MrVitalic ! It had me bobbing my head and tapping my feet to the beat. I am sure the finished product will be outstanding and it has the right sound for this project, at least to my ear and tastes in music. In the first part of it I could almost picture models prowling down the catwalk and that image will be so easily replaced by photos of all our beautiful Dolly friends. Now that Mardi Gras and St Patrick’s day are over and done with we can get around to some photos this weekend done exclusively for this project. Come on everybody only 8 more days to submit your photos for the first ever DollsBook video! There can only be one first video so don’t miss out.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

Thank you Julia, it mean a lot to me. I’l work harder until Sunday night.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

Im trying to be good but this is heaven to me, master at work:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiSNKgc6NYg

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

I wish I could not sleep to produce something like that

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

that vocoder effect is awesome Mr.V I completely hear what you mean!!

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Here are a few pics from Daisy solo….

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Daisy….

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Mariëlle Solo Pics….

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Mariëlle and Timea…..

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

And at last a few Timea with new outfits….

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Think i’ve provided more then enough pictures now……. Hahaha.

Maybe nice or better to create a DDM solo video with all my girls, just a second video for dollsbook promoting with an ode too one of the DB pilar’s like some call me…….. Just let me now and we work this idea out.

Cheers Brothers.

Have a nice weekend further…..

As always take good care of yourself and your loved ones. :thumbs_up: 😀

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

Heres the final product. Its not half bad sound wise. Send me a pm today if you ear something really weird and out of place in the mix. Have a nice day all.

*edit : new link, last export was at -9db (my mistake)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LhgQ7thpnhUXJLPLi9AKa1wFQwVnCPKg

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

If we create a (second) video for my girls……. This music track can be used……..  A classic summer day-dream song………. Solarstone – Solarcoaster.

Or what about this one….

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

The final mix sounds great Mr. Vitalic @MrVitalic ! I think its going to be really cool to have the first video be exclusive member created content. Good work everybody that has submitted photos and thanks to Alexa @KI5JYD for the idea and the work in putting it all together.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

The final mix sounds great Mr. Vitalic @mrvitalic ! I think its going to be really cool to have the first video be exclusive member created content. Good work everybody that has submitted photos and thanks to Alexa @ki5jyd for the idea and the work in putting it all together.

I have to agree. Love the music. I know @mrvitalic, we are our own worst critics, but please take our word for it. that’s so hopping ass music there. your job is complete on this one 🙂

Read you loud and clear as well @dutchdancemaniac. Will note it. We just do not want to violate any copyrights.  These are to be stored on YouTube.

Ok Alexa, time to get Daphne and get bizay!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Thanks, y’all for your submissions! I’m gonna close this thread for now. It will take me some time to get this done. A new thread will be posted as soon as @dbevadmin and I agree that the finished work is complete. Submissions are now closed. No new submissions will be accepted. We hope you like the video we will produce… and remember. You all continue to make Dollsbook awesome. Let’s keep up the awesome work!

You had said until the 29th… I had a couple more i was debating putting in. 🙁

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Thanks, y’all for your submissions! I’m gonna close this thread for now. It will take me some time to get this done. A new thread will be posted as soon as @dbevadmin and I agree that the finished work is complete. Submissions are now closed. No new submissions will be accepted. We hope you like the video we will produce… and remember. You all continue to make Dollsbook awesome. Let’s keep up the awesome work!

You had said until the 29th… I had a couple more i was debating putting in. 🙁

Nevermind what I said then!

I was f’n tired when I wrote that! Edited my old post to reflect it.

Correction: Y’all have until this Friday to get your stuff in!

Let’s keep making Dollsbook Great!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Regarding the pictures: I will be writing a Wget script to download the pictures. I don’t feel like right-clicking each picture, then “Open Image in new tab” then “Save Picture As” for however many pictures. I’m just gonna grab the link, paste it into a text editor, then, through the magic of the BASH shell…

cd dollsbook/DB\ Apr\ 2019\ Slideshow/
      mkdir Pictures
      cd Pictures
      wget -r --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.86 Safari/537.36" --random-wait --wait=27 -H -nc -np -nH --cut-dirs=3 -e robots=off --no-check-certificate -l1 -i dbsspix.txt

Then just sit back and let automation do the work for me.

So… if WordFence blares at a “bot attack,” please, @dbevadmin, CALL ME IMMEDIATELY! I might need to adjust my wget options to prevent this. I’d rather make things easier on me and the DB server than get my IP blocked. (I might need to sharpen my Google-fu to make sure the hypothesized event doesn’t happen…)

EDIT: added --user-agent command because WordFence will block wget if I don’t have wget impersonate Google Chrome (my browser and the Mozilla/5.0... gobbledygook above). Thanks to Stack Overflow for that bit of info. I might have to login through wget, too… but I’ll come to that if it comes to it. 

Never mind the technogeek jargon… it’s just something I know how to do to make good use of my time. But it’s there so other DB admins can pinpoint the cause if there is a problem.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Oh no Robuts!!

I will post the photos here and then Email them to you as well. along with some others of all the girls. I do not think Meso will mind.

I think this will be great. and if the song is not long enough, perhaps @MrVitalic can edit the original and make an “extended mix” of it.

Cool!

<3

Eva!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Alright!!!! The submission deadline has came and passed. I’m awaiting for one more person who I called (Meso) who is gonna email me some pix tomorrow. There is a lot of pictures to contend with…

And picking the best ones is gonna be difficult! I’ve yet to add my Juggalette family to this folder… Time to brew up the coffee… gotta get to work here! 

And @mrvitalic… Thanks for the music! I might make this fit.

And to some who submitted pix of their dolls nude: sorry, but I cannot allow those. This is going on YouTube. We don’t want this video to be banished to the “Age Restricted” section where it cannot be searched.

Viewing 95 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Upcoming dollsbook feature video!’ is closed to new replies.