Register Forums Your Vendor Experience UPS “lost” my doll!

13 replies, 7 voices Last updated by  Alexa Tilbrook KI5JYD 4 months ago
  • Author

Fantastic Plastic
    Participant
    • Posts 20
    @FantasticPlastic

Has anyone ever had UPS loose a domestic doll shipment? I have one that it’s tracking is completely stagnant for almost five days, just an origin scan (received by UPS) and nothing else, no departure scan, nothing.
    To make matters worse is when I called UPS, they immediately said that they never received it!
    It took 30min of arguing with a representative to show that I have information in my tracking that states it has been received. (Origin scan)
    And only then did they backpedal big time. (I’m getting the feeling they already know something has gone very wrong) I now have to wait until the middle of the month before I can request a trace / investigation.
    This is very unfortunate because it’s going to cause a rift between the vendor and I, it already has I believe.
    There’s some real scumbag UPS drivers in NJ apparently.

Julia Jameson
    • Posts 197
    @DonKeydick

That really SUX big time! There was no problem at all with my transport to La. and the whole process did not take very long as I came from inside the U.S. however Gabby was sent via FedEx from nearby in Texas and arrived in about a week but the lazy ass driver left her leaning against the front wall of our building in plain sight of a busy street and it is a sheer miracle I came home early and rescued her from the parking lot before she disappeared forever. We have an enclosed courtyard behind a decorative brick wall accessed by an unlocked gate that was literally only a few feet from where the FedEx idiot left Gabby. Instead of bringing her to my door, as they were supposed to, which is in an alcove not visible from outside the courtyard or even leaving her just inside the courtyard the lazy bastich just pulled her out of the truck and leaned her against the wall. We complained LOUDLY to FedEx and hopefully got that driver in a lot of trouble for leaving an expensive item out in the open and not insuring that it was in a safe location. Tracie came from the same location in Texas as Gabby but after our previous encounter and complaint this time Tracie was left leaning against my door all safe and sound. IDK what the problem is with ALL package and mail delivery lately as a lot of people I know have had problems with all of the big three FedEx, UPS and USPS. A few months ago there were several USPS mail carriers fired for throwing away mail they did not want to deliver in our city and I heard about  a carrier who abandoned their truck full of packages that were supposed to be delivered and just walking away.

Not surprised to hear that UPS denied any knowledge until you showed proof it is their problem. Nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions anymore to the extent that you have to beat them over the head to get them to admit fault. Other than their choice in using UPS as a carrier the fault really isn’t with the vendor since it seems they did their part in getting the package to UPS who then dropped the ball so try not to hold your vendor personally responsible for what is clearly a problem with UPS. I hope they get it it sorted soon for you, Good Luck!

"Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions." unknown

The unofficial Mayor of the Dollyverse always "Making DollsBook Great"

Fantastic Plastic
    Participant
    • Posts 20
    @FantasticPlastic

I’m not holding MLD accountable, it was UPS telling me it’s MLD’s fault, am my fault for believing them. So now they (MLD) won’t respond to anything I say.
    Thanks UPS!
    And the final icing on the cake is the representative said;
    “Let’s keep our fingers crossed”.
    I’m going to suggest they use that as their company slogan!

Alexa Tilbrook KI5JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 120
    @ki5jyd

OMG, I hope you get your gal soon! I was thinking of buying from MLD… But now I’m having second thoughts.

I hope it’s the problem of UPS and not MLD.

There’s this joke I’ve heard about why the UPS corporate color is brown: they’re shit! Shit is brown!

Mere words cannot soothe your anger right now, I know. Both UPS and MLD are not taking accountability or responsibility for this major snafu, and placing blame on the other one. And really, MLD has to initiate the trace, not you. UPS’ liability lies with the sender, not the receiver.

Oh, trust me, it’s YOUR money, but sadly, UPS doesn’t care if it’s your hard-earned money that they practically lost, because of their ass-backwards policy of the shipper has all the rights but the buyer does not. FedEx and USPS, DHL, etc., are the same. It’s stupid.

I’ve gone off at UPS and USPS (and been permabanned from) on their subreddits because of their stupidity.

May peace be with you.

sudo apt-get -y install Daphne
    The one who has the only known JY Doll who is addicted to Whataburger

Eva L’Fleur
    Keymaster
    • Posts 168
    @dbevadmin

Dang it @fantasticplastic

Really hate to hear that.. I would think that since you have a tracking number, the package should be in UPS’s care. Origin Scan comes when they pick it up..

“Label Created” would be where it stops if they never picked it up.  (not shipped) from source.

HighHeelLoverM had a similar concern with UPS from Hong Kong, lost at the customs checkpoint. they ended up sending a new doll to him. and 3 weeks later the original arrived. He emailed 6YE and they said hold on to it for now… wow a 2 fer… I don’t know if he ever sent her back he was not going to pay shipping.

Best of luck on the tracking. Perhaps something will turn up. Please keep us posted on this deal.

True it can happen to anyone, but still it’s how the seller handles it that can make all the difference int he world.

Isabella Dollicious
    • Posts 19
    @L4ZLO

One word of advice for the future…

Stay away from UPS… They are hands down the worst courier around..

I always have problems with delivery, wrong shipping info, can’t plan a delivery time, UPS doesn’t provide company phones for their carriers, so they can’t be contacted, neither will they call you when,  you don’t hear the doorbell or happen to be in the shower when they arrive.

I quit doing bussines with them all together when on januari 6th I had been on the phone with their office 8 times regarding deliveries since the  new year…

I only use TNT for any orders I send out now, and insist that any vendor or manufacturer I buy from does not use UPS to send product to me..

I really hope UPS will get their shit together and manage to find  your doll

Fantastic Plastic
    Participant
    • Posts 20
    @FantasticPlastic

Yeah, sorry I didn’t update, she ended up showing up, box partially open on the end with the some of the blanket hanging out.
    But the doll seems fine.
    Really big soft solid boobs!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Anonymous
    • Posts 60
    @

it’s how the seller handles it that can make all the difference int he world.

Seller has been paid by customer. Seller has tracking info. So seller out of courtesy and concern for their customers ought to be making sure the product is being delivered. We are not talking five and dime products here.

Anytime a problem arises. Always try to remain calm. Getting upset with whomever will usually not help.

I waited 3 months for a parcel. No tracking for a small item, but it never came. I calmly contacted seller and just informed that I’d not received. They gave me 2 options to either send again, or refund. I chose refund, and with 24 hours they put it to my Paypal.

I see feedback on Ebay of people just being downright ignorant if they do not get within estimated time.. They get hot under collar. Not exactly the best way to be. Esp. with the Chinese LOL

Julia Jameson
    • Posts 197
    @DonKeydick

So glad to hear that your lady finally arrived.  She is pretty and nicely proportioned.

"Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions." unknown

The unofficial Mayor of the Dollyverse always "Making DollsBook Great"

RainKing
    Participant
    • Posts 55
    @rainking

Yeah, sorry I didn’t update, she ended up showing up, box partially open on the end with the some of the blanket hanging out. But the doll seems fine. Really big soft solid boobs!

Very happy to hear there @fantasticplastic!!  We can now stand down DEFCON 1… back to DEFCON 5 haha a little Wargames for ya!!

She looks wonderful!!

Alexa Tilbrook KI5JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 120
    @ki5jyd

Great news! 

Well, stand down, folks. MLD ain’t that bad, after all, but I still stand by my statement that the reason why brown is the official color of United Parcel Service is because they’re shit and shit is brown, and I can see that @l4zlo echoed the same, just in different wording.

@luludoll said it best, that it’s best to remain calm, no matter what. But we are talking about big-money purchases, not $10 trinkets here. But I guess it’s human nature to get upset if you get a tracking number and nothing changes from there.

I buy a lot of things off eBay myself. The RTL-SDR (software defined radio with a Realtek DVB-T tuner chip) I recently purchased was shipped China Post ePacket, and it arrived well within the timeframe eBay estimated. I also don’t rely on the eBay app or website to track my purchase, I copy the number, then paste it in the Google search bar, click or tap on the carriers it believes it’s being shipped by (and it usually does a good job at guessing… 18-digit numbers beginning with 9 or 7 are FedEx, 1Z is always UPS, 26-digit numbers beginning with 9 are USPS Priority Mail, and China Post ePacket usually end with “CN”, and it usually suggests 4 carriers [India Post, DHL, FedEx and USPS, the last one for me]), and track the package that way.

Also, eBay is horrible in tracking updates. USPS.com will tell me at 9:44 AM that my eBay purchase is waiting for me at my apartment’s office, but the eBay app always waits until 4:20 PM to inform me. I can’t leave feedback until eBay says it’s delivered. I already have the item in question out of its shipping carton or whatever, so I guess that’s an advantage to leave better feedback…

But yeah, I see it too, people leave neutral feedback because the package didn’t arrive when eBay said it will. Sellers have complained about it, but really, it gets swept under the rug.

But in the end, another doll joins the ranks of Dollsbook, and that’s what matters.

73s de KI5JYD

Alexa Tilbrook KI5JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 120
    @ki5jyd

Oh, @fantasticplastic, is that the SDH-2 head? The one who also would be @tiffholland? (There’s an announcement regarding that, but as Alton Brown said a million and one times before, But that’s another show!)

Nevertheless, she’s beautiful!!! Congrats!

Fantastic Plastic
    Participant
    • Posts 20
    @FantasticPlastic

Yes, she’s a #2 head, has her tongue partially out. Will look good with her face in the crotch of the 168! Lol.
    what is the announcement regarding that head?

Alexa Tilbrook KI5JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 120
    @ki5jyd

Thanx for the info @fantasticplastic! Uh, I’ll let Tiffany explain it when she feels ready to do so.

(I’m on mobile right now so I don’t have the reply button handy, and I don’t feel like messing with the Chrome menu to select “Desktop Site” to access it.)

And 73s to you de KI5JYD.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.