Register Forums Dolls In General What is going on in the online doll world ???

3 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Tracie Marie 5 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Hi all,

What is going on in the online doll world ???

It strikes me that from December on untill today the view and reply ratios are far below par, many well-known names in the doll world have suddenly disappeared or stopped posting new material.
      Now I have to admit that I also play with the thoughts to be less active and that for this reason.
      – All the time I put in to make photo shoots and then post which also takes a lot’s of time and is no longer profitable, if you look at the view and reply statistics then I wonder where I do it all for, it is as if you are doing everything for nothing. This is not only happening here on DB but also on the TDF this problem is going on.

What is the reason for all this?
      I can not find a good answer to it but it frustrates me enormously, my motivation to post something has dropped the last weeks, I still make photoshoots with a lot of fun /pleasure and I have 5 sets ready to publish but I think now from why spend so much time to post everything on 2 sites if nobody seems to be interested anymore.  I only will post from time to time new promotion pics for the Dutchdoll brand. Becouse i’m ther promotor and i do this work with pleasure for them.

I miss many big names and friends that were active, and all the new people do not seem to care about what we all do for work in the background to please them with beautiful photo sessions of the dolls.

Sorrie for the negative view on the current situation but it must be nice and motivating work, At least for myself. Otherwise it does not make sense to continue this way. I am going to try to re-address myself and hopefully again publishing new material with pleasure.
      When I see again that the situation has changed hopefully soon, then I will take part in the publication process again.  Until that time I take a break and see everything from the sidelines…….

I experience much more fun in being together with my dolls in the offline world for now, than spending hours online in the doll communities. Just because there is not much going on and because many friends are not or very little active.
      Previously I could have hours of fun in the online doll world but now I have often seen and read everything in 1 hour a day.

Do you also experience this? I would like to hear your side of the story, who knows this may put my thoughts on a different mindsetting……..

As always take good care of yourself and your loved ones.

Greetings from the Netherlands, DDM, Timea, Daisy & Mariëlle.

However Unreal This May Be, We Are Connected.... You And I.
      We Are On The Same Curve, Point Of All Is:
      We Share The Same Secret .... We Love Our Doll (s) And Our LifeStyle.
      That Makes Us Who We Really Are....... Pure, Loving and Caring...... Welcome Into Our World.

Life Is Like A Never Ending Dance, Let The Music Play !!!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 56
      @

Hi all, What is going on in the online doll world ??? It strikes me that from December on untill today the view and reply ratios are far below par, many well-known names in the doll world have suddenly disappeared or stopped posting new material. Now I have to admit that I also play with the thoughts to be less active and that for this reason. – All the time I put in to make photo shoots and then post which also takes a lot’s of time and is no longer profitable, if you look at the view and reply statistics then I wonder where I do it all for, it is as if you are doing everything for nothing. This is not only happening here on DB but also on the TDF this problem is going on. What is the reason for all this? I can not find a good answer to it but it frustrates me enormously, my motivation to post something has dropped the last weeks, I still make photoshoots with a lot of fun /pleasure and I have 5 sets ready to publish but I think now from why spend so much time to post everything on 2 sites if nobody seems to be interested anymore. I only will post from time to time new promotion pics for the Dutchdoll brand. Becouse i’m ther promotor and i do this work with pleasure for them. I miss many big names and friends that were active, and all the new people do not seem to care about what we all do for work in the background to please them with beautiful photo sessions of the dolls. Sorrie for the negative view on the current situation but it must be nice and motivating work, At least for myself. Otherwise it does not make sense to continue this way. I am going to try to re-address myself and hopefully again publishing new material with pleasure. When I see again that the situation has changed hopefully soon, then I will take part in the publication process again. Until that time I take a break and see everything from the sidelines……. I have more fun in being together with my dolls in the offline world for now, than spending hours online in the doll communities. Just because there is not much to do and because many friends are not or very little active. Previously I could have hours of fun in the online doll world but now I have often seen and read everything in 1 hour a day. Do you also experience this? I would like to hear your side of the story, who knows this may put my thoughts on a different mindsetting…….. As always take good care of yourself and your loved ones. Greetings from the Netherlands, DDM, Timea, Daisy & Mariëlle.

Everyone goes through it DDM. Dolls are like entertainers… Some people will absolutely love the model. Others will not.

I heard a saying long time ago.  “Please everybody, nobody is pleased. Please yourself, at least you will feel pleased.”  Do it for you. Not for all the likes and all the social media attention.

Trying to find a new way of posing, or a new scenic backdrop is my challenge. As far as scenes, I am limited basically to a single room. BORING!!!  🙂 So Photo editing is time consuming, but can be fun too.

Make it fun for you. Who gives a damn about replies. There are so many dolls now, it shows no sign of slowing. What was hot today, may be old news the next.

I remember posting some real naughty pics on Doll Album… they were viewed the most over the more classy ones. What does that tell you about peoples perversions?

I did not want to present my doll as a skank!! So I will not post sleazy photos anymore. But maybe that’s what people want to see?

I’ve taken time doing experiments in repairing doll TPE. For the most part it was ignored on TDF, except to tell me, my methods would not work… Maybe these people ought to start reading what manufacturers of the worlds plastic products are saying about Thermoplastic Elastomers, instead of worrying about some guy like me sharing info that would undermine their “business”.

And yes my methods are closer to factory repair than some overpriced magic kits… all it takes is time to learn by practice. That practice just may come in handy.

Do I care if no one is listening or watching? Or subscribing to YouTube channels? No I do not… It pleases me I am succeeding where others are too damn afraid to even try something different.

I know it works for me. That is pleasing! 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 56
      @

To add to this, just a funny little side bar plastics humor.

See attached. How much of this behavior does your doll do?

To further answer  DDM’s question about lack of response. We have to give to get. Don’t we all suffer from being selfish from time to time?

Tracie Marie
      Participant
      • Posts 21
      @TracieMarie

Hi DDM, I feel your frustration and understand completely. All of us here at Casa Keydick have been slacking lately in our participation. DollsBook is still new enough that the patterns have not revealed themselves yet fully but I (we) have noticed on the other place (TDF) that there are peaks and valleys of times that there are more or less members online for days or even weeks. For us it has been for a lot of different little things adding up to one big thing, a lack of time to play. We haven’t even had a chance to take any pictures of all of the new outfits we got for Christmas yet. I think today we might actually get that done, I hope.

I agree 1000 percent with Lulu about just doing it for yourself. If it makes you and your girls happy to take photo shoots and share the results with us then do it just for that. We all love to see your beautiful ladies in all their finery and your skills as photographer present them in such a wonderful way. Not everyone that views them will comment but it doesn’t mean they don’t appreciate the time and effort. Try to keep a positive attitude and do it just for the sheer fun of it all.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.