Register Forums Z Archives Why I should not post on the doll forum dot com

39 replies, 5 voices Last updated by  Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD 2 months ago
  • Author

Anonymous
    • Posts 37
    @

Or maybe any forum??

I’ve begun to post on TDF a bit. I have reminded myself why I should not even bother with any of it.

The attitudes there smell like shit!! Shitty!! Arrogant!!  Unhelpful!!

I also have a suspicion that possibly my posts of the past here have floated to over there.

Boo hoo!! have I hurt vendors feelings? In my bashing of Indigo and his overpriced shitty products anyone can make? LOL

They think nothing of offending us people whom they think know nothing. How is that good business practice?.

The example of “fake vs “real” is another example.  If an owner is happy with what they bought, who gives a fuck if it’s either.

Am I marked as a “know it all”? Fuck man, I know very little, and when I do post of what I have found to work for me on TDF I get fucked over it seems.

Dolls are dolls…. they are more alike then different. IMHO.  The toys made of TPE I have are all fairly the same, The ones I paid more money for are no better than the cheap shit.

Cheap seem better. Make a better paste from ’em IMHO

I am at the point I do not trust anyone anymore. If I say something it’ll get warped out of context and then those of two faces will blab all sorts of shit.

Yeah MAT products is Indigo’s buddy. So what? Don could always hire a chemist and make his own line of products. Or spend some time researching the best route. Then he can say he did it on his own. And most likely will profit more 🙂

Indigo is rather annoying when he butts in and give us sub par chemistry lessons from Wikipedia when someone questions about a cheaper solution to fix a cut.

A good product sells itself. And usually it’s reasonably priced. Which I do not think his products are.

Guys like me who treat this as a hobby and try and share just basic things get shut out.

So what is the point?

I’ve given up…. I’ll think I’ll dust off my woodworking tools and get back into cabinet making…. Expensive, but at least there are not fucktards talking about approved wood 🙂

Well maybe Trump LOL

Eva L’Fleur
    Keymaster
    • Posts 169
    @dbevadmin

We are pretty sure they have.But I could care less.  I do not see db as their competition. (other than some forums)

You have been very vocal, and I hope its not making us a target, as I would have hoped to not cause any problems between them and us.

I have avoided trouble with the big board, but I can not stop others from doing it I can only ask.

I personally no longer post over at the big board because I am possibly thought to be “disruptive.”

Even in my post questioning the authority and authenticity of some Vendor review site. (it was a site of vendor website reviews they never completed a purchase, only a mouthpiece for an affiliateship with reviewed vendors.)

RainKing’s post read like a “Big Board Fan Boy.” But it was Deleted.

Many has seen the screen caps we have of the tread before and after the moderator laser.

I do think that Alexa went a bit over the top. But I do not think the post in the thread would have been bannable in any other time other than the association with db.

Facts of the matter were:

The evidence presented was within the big board’s rules of conduct specifically the one I paraphrase “Do not accuse or blame without proof.” There was unequivocal  proof in the pudding there on that one.

Besides there was a PM storm between an/or the head admin. I do not know what was said. But it was enough to get a ban hammer smack.

This is a free board unlike many others.

However that being said, we will not attract any supporters, or ad sales by harboring ill will towards those that can help us, regardless of what line of work, or products they sell and at which prices are set.  It’s a free market system, this is primarily a social network, not any kind of authority on right and wrong.

I completely understand, if there is a way to get a part cheaper, or build your own that’s a good thing. I am all about right to repair. (Why i can’t stand apple products.)

We even have a couple members here that are creating their own head design. That’s brilliant. And You have pioneered a great weld power glue, and learned a lot about the chemical properties of Plastics. (which reminds me I need to get that dang video uploaded of the terrible back repair attempt)

Don and Indy may not be as much friends as only business partners, but he is a personal friend of mine.

Yes quantities are small, and some could require HAZMAT shipping to be legit. On hiring a chemist; it’s plain chemistry, but, a niche industry. Would be hard to recruit someone possibly.

The products I think is for just small repairs. not a “soul” level repair.

Which she is now Tiffany, and I now have help to repair! Full documentation forthcoming.

Lets all just try and get a long!

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
      Keymaster
      • Posts 139
      @ki5jyd

Lets all just try and get a long!

Uh… @dbevadmin… shouldn’t it be Let’s all try and get a BONG??? 🤣

Sorry, couldn’t resist. But the fact of the matter is… yeah. TDF is toast. If Jeff is gonna do his thing to ruin TDF… I say, let him. It’s their own grave they’re digging. Hockey has given Jeff all the tools (shovel, backhoe, bulldozer, whatever) to dig TDF’s grave deeper and deeper.

I bet that the founder of TDF (his name is Bill) is rolling in his grave now (he died in, I believe, 2012 or so) regretting the decision to sell TDF to David Hockey. A lot of people said that people on ODC (which is just as bad as TDF now because TDF has invaded ODC to some extent) that before Bill’s death, that he regretted selling TDF to David Hockey and should have went with his original decision to sell it to “keithallen” and the ODC founders, because actually, Bill started posting to ODC regretting his decision about it. But it was too late. And even though now that ODC has told its members to keep the TDF bashing to a minimum (because they have a legal reason to… Hockey’s lawyers gave ODC a cease and desist to stop mentioning TDF in a negative light, but they refuse, realizing that the C&D letter was from a Canadian address, which held NO legal standing in the USA, where ODC is located)…

Hockey thinks he owns the doll universe. Sooner or later, someone is gonna expose him and tell him that he was an invasive person who was some unknown Canadian documentary filmmaker before he became “king” of the doll world. Deluded little fucker he is. Someone is gonna let him and the world know that. Just who is unknown right now, but it will be in due time.

But, puff puff pass. Inhale the good shit (Dollsbook with a side of THC), exhale the bullshit (TDF).

That’s all.

C:\WINDOWS\System32> choco install Daphne_MLD_135_SDH-C22 -y
      Chocolatey 0.10.15
      Once a Whataburger-addicted JY, now a Pizza King-addicted Mistress Love Doll. She's still my JY.

Anonymous
    • Posts 37
    @

We are pretty sure they have.But I could care less. I do not see db as their competition. (other than some forums) You have been very vocal, and I hope its not making us a target, as I would have hoped to not cause any problems between them and us. I have avoided trouble with the big board, but I can not stop others from doing it I can only ask. I personally no longer post over at the big board because I am possibly thought to be “disruptive.” Even in my post questioning the authority and authenticity of some Vendor review site. (it was a site of vendor website reviews they never completed a purchase, only a mouthpiece for an affiliateship with reviewed vendors.) RainKing’s post read like a “Big Board Fan Boy.” But it was Deleted. Many has seen the screen caps we have of the tread before and after the moderator laser. I do think that Alexa went a bit over the top. But I do not think the post in the thread would have been bannable in any other time other than the association with db. Facts of the matter were: The evidence presented was within the big board’s rules of conduct specifically the one I paraphrase “Do not accuse or blame without proof.” There was unequivocal proof in the pudding there on that one. Besides there was a PM storm between an/or the head admin. I do not know what was said. But it was enough to get a ban hammer smack. This is a free board unlike many others. However that being said, we will not attract any supporters, or ad sales by harboring ill will towards those that can help us, regardless of what line of work, or products they sell and at which prices are set. It’s a free market system, this is primarily a social network, not any kind of authority on right and wrong. I completely understand, if there is a way to get a part cheaper, or build your own that’s a good thing. I am all about right to repair. (Why i can’t stand apple products.) We even have a couple members here that are creating their own head design. That’s brilliant. And You have pioneered a great weld power glue, and learned a lot about the chemical properties of Plastics. (which reminds me I need to get that dang video uploaded of the terrible back repair attempt) Don and Indy may not be as much friends as only business partners, but he is a personal friend of mine. Yes quantities are small, and some could require HAZMAT shipping to be legit. On hiring a chemist; it’s plain chemistry, but, a niche industry. Would be hard to recruit someone possibly. The products I think is for just small repairs. not a “soul” level repair. Which she is now Tiffany, and I now have help to repair! Full documentation forthcoming. Lets all just try and get a long!

From what I understand @ki5jyd was just voicing his opinion. I believe he ought to post an explanation as to why he was banned. He did say something about a compliment to the vendor, but that was overlooked?

What set me off was the god damn oil thing. I just SUGGESTED that baby oil and mineral oil are quite the same. There is a load of pages online that say they are. And as far as heat repairs using it, I prefer a lighter viscosity. As well as using too much with heat can have a softening effect on the material. (Plasticiser) Jeff (BCD) Jumps in and say he does not like those who think they know more than a manufacturer of products, as he mentioned stain remover. That can only be one person he is claiming that knows more than anyone.  So him taking an innocent post and behaving like that is reason enough for me to say, TDF is not a hobby forum and it’s sole purpose is to sell product, regardless.

There is no point in entering discussions with these types of folk. They are right and you are wrong. closed minded.

I claim no expertise, and have really pioneered nothing. I just took an idea, tried it, and it seems to work fairly well. If I shared this on TDF, no matter what chemical is used, it would get shot down and deemed no good LOL Reading old posts on TDF is the proof in plain sight how these people behave when someone talks about chemicals that hobby people have used to no detriment.

I have bashed no one really, just pointed out things that do not seem to add up. Or differ from their claims is all.

They make themselves the fools by posting statements such as “cheap TPE dissolves itself” 🙂 I would think anyone in the polymer biz may have a good chuckle over that.

Show us how oh great one who claim this to be so 🙂

They bash Racyme, JY sometimes, god only knows how many more. It’s discrimination to those who are not willing to spend 3k on mainstream. So they take the wind out of the guys sails, by labelling it fake, counterfeit, etc…. wont last, etc….  Is that a welcoming factor?

A doll is a pleasure item, but some will think it to be business before pleasure. 🙂

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 139
    @ki5jyd

We are pretty sure they have.But I could care less. I do not see db as their competition. (other than some forums) You have been very vocal, and I hope its not making us a target, as I would have hoped to not cause any problems between them and us. I have avoided trouble with the big board, but I can not stop others from doing it I can only ask. I personally no longer post over at the big board because I am possibly thought to be “disruptive.” Even in my post questioning the authority and authenticity of some Vendor review site. (it was a site of vendor website reviews they never completed a purchase, only a mouthpiece for an affiliateship with reviewed vendors.) RainKing’s post read like a “Big Board Fan Boy.” But it was Deleted. Many has seen the screen caps we have of the tread before and after the moderator laser. I do think that Alexa went a bit over the top. But I do not think the post in the thread would have been bannable in any other time other than the association with db. Facts of the matter were: The evidence presented was within the big board’s rules of conduct specifically the one I paraphrase “Do not accuse or blame without proof.” There was unequivocal proof in the pudding there on that one. Besides there was a PM storm between an/or the head admin. I do not know what was said. But it was enough to get a ban hammer smack. This is a free board unlike many others. However that being said, we will not attract any supporters, or ad sales by harboring ill will towards those that can help us, regardless of what line of work, or products they sell and at which prices are set. It’s a free market system, this is primarily a social network, not any kind of authority on right and wrong. I completely understand, if there is a way to get a part cheaper, or build your own that’s a good thing. I am all about right to repair. (Why i can’t stand apple products.) We even have a couple members here that are creating their own head design. That’s brilliant. And You have pioneered a great weld power glue, and learned a lot about the chemical properties of Plastics. (which reminds me I need to get that dang video uploaded of the terrible back repair attempt) Don and Indy may not be as much friends as only business partners, but he is a personal friend of mine. Yes quantities are small, and some could require HAZMAT shipping to be legit. On hiring a chemist; it’s plain chemistry, but, a niche industry. Would be hard to recruit someone possibly. The products I think is for just small repairs. not a “soul” level repair. Which she is now Tiffany, and I now have help to repair! Full documentation forthcoming. Lets all just try and get a long!

From what I understand @ki5jyd was just voicing his opinion. I believe he ought to post an explanation as to why he was banned. He did say something about a compliment to the vendor, but that was overlooked? What set me off was the god damn oil thing. I just SUGGESTED that baby oil and mineral oil are quite the same. There is a load of pages online that say they are. And as far as heat repairs using it, I prefer a lighter viscosity. As well as using too much with heat can have a softening effect on the material. (Plasticiser) Jeff (BCD) Jumps in and say he does not like those who think they know more than a manufacturer of products, as he mentioned stain remover. That can only be one person he is claiming that knows more than anyone. So him taking an innocent post and behaving like that is reason enough for me to say, TDF is not a hobby forum and it’s sole purpose is to sell product, regardless. There is no point in entering discussions with these types of folk. They are right and you are wrong. closed minded. I claim no expertise, and have really pioneered nothing. I just took an idea, tried it, and it seems to work fairly well. If I shared this on TDF, no matter what chemical is used, it would get shot down and deemed no good LOL Reading old posts on TDF is the proof in plain sight how these people behave when someone talks about chemicals that hobby people have used to no detriment. I have bashed no one really, just pointed out things that do not seem to add up. Or differ from their claims is all. They make themselves the fools by posting statements such as “cheap TPE dissolves itself” 🙂 I would think anyone in the polymer biz may have a good chuckle over that. Show us how oh great one who claim this to be so 🙂 They bash Racyme, JY sometimes, god only knows how many more. It’s discrimination to those who are not willing to spend 3k on mainstream. So they take the wind out of the guys sails, by labelling it fake, counterfeit, etc…. wont last, etc…. Is that a welcoming factor? A doll is a pleasure item, but some will think it to be business before pleasure. 🙂

The reason why I got banned? Stupid Stacy of RLSD narced on me to Nescio50!

His culty response to me:

Hi Alexa,
    We received a complaint from RLSD about abusive PMs. This has to stop. If there’s a problem with a
    manufacturer/vendor on TDF, please contact me or any member of staff. Don’t submit abusive or
    harassing posts or PMs. If we receive more complaints we have to restrict your account privileges.
    Please don’t let it go that far.
    Thank you.
    -Nescio

What harassment, pray tell???

My reply:

Abuse my ass. Stacy at RLSD is unprofessional. If she cannot handle truth, she should NOT be in
    business. Period. Full stop.
    TDF should be called TDM: The Doll Mafia.

(picture of dollsbook.com with #MDBG hashtag and caption of “Ban my ass.”)

MDBG means Make Dollsbook Great
    https://DOLLSBOOK.COM MUTHAFUCKA.
    A few TDF members and I started Dollsbook as “Dolls Alive ×1000.” But if you can’t handle cooperation,
    fine. Ban me and RainKing. We started that site. We want to cooperate with you. You refuse.
    That’s the internet. Don’t like it? Call your ISP and cut your connection.
    I’m fucking SICK of you David Hockey mafia ruining what USED to be a GREAT site. I came to offer aid.
    Stacy at RLSD took it as abuse.
    This is my final goodbye. I gave you ENOUGH chances. Like an abusive partner, who promises to
    change, you haven’t. If I see you on DB, you will be banned.
    Fuck off forever,
    Alexandra Tilbrook KI5JYD
    https://dollsbook.com

TDF is a cult. I agree with @rgc-lulu that I was voicing my opinion, and @dbevadmin, I do admit I was voicing my opinion, and if I did go over the top a bit, I was tired of being treated like, well, for lack of a better word, shit. I joined TDM (I henceforth refuse to call it TDF) in 2007. Way before Nescio even joined! Dave Hockey banned me in 2010, and I rejoined in 2013 under a mannequin of mine’s idenity (JessiD), then became “JessiDLuvr” after some member got confused about something… then “BootLoop2Dope MC6809E” (The “MC6809E” is the Motorola [now Freescale Semiconductor] CPU used in the Tandy Color Computer, which I still have)…

And then in late 2016, I had an epiphany and realized about my sexuality (and as Alton Brown would say, That’s another show!), and realized that the “Alexa Tilbrook” in some Mannequin fanfics I wrote eons ago was actually me as my female self, and adopted the name I gave said character in the fanfic…

But when I got Daphne (a JY whom I love and honor in my ham radio call sign… it’s a vanity call, when I first got my license, I was KI5AUE, but I wanted to honor Daphne and JY both in my call sign, so I e-filed a FCC Form 605 to change to that), they deleted the post I carefully crafted (I spent 45 minutes writing it), and not 5 minutes after posting it, they deleted it without giving an explanation why! I attempted to get one out of them, but couldn’t.

I finally found out why: Daphne is a JY. Pure and simple.

It had to take someone who got “excommunicated” from TDM and their staff (he was one at the time) who DM’d me on Twitter explaining why.

If TDM and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (aka the Mormons) are identical… they’re both cults. And I’m glad to be excommunicated from both.

And yes, “Soul” is now @tiffholland! I had to pay @rainking a bit of cash for her, but wasn’t much. He and I negotiated to about $100 for her, and that is because he and I will collaborate in doing her repairs, hence the cost I paid. And let me tell you, Samara Dale (samara78) is no doll repair expert, she’s a fucking doll butcher! Tiffany has got some serious repairs to be done! She also sucks on Jeff’s (Booty Call Dolls) cock by muting (using the “foes” list) on people she doesn’t like, and if you try to ask why, even to a mod, she tells the mod “I want to you tell that person that ‘it’s just about the dolls,’ nothing more.” Like what the fuck does that mean? If I bought a doll from you (I have before, and so has RainKing), and you just ignore my ass, like how is that gonna be helpful? Cult-like behavior at its finest. (Shunning, it’s called. She even did it to RainKing, right after he bought soul/Tiffany from her.)

But I won’t go on any further about it. I am proud to be excommunicated from Dave Hockey’s cult and I actually block it in my C:\WINDOWS\System32\HOSTS and /etc/hosts files (I dual-boot both Windows 10 and Kubuntu 19.04) to resolve to localhost (127.0.0.1). Makes my life easier. I wanna look forward, not back. Something to consider, folks.

And in closing before I move on, yes, I gave proof. I gave screenshots, I asked Stacy to reciprocate by proving her claims herself. If us plebs there have to provide irrefutable proof, so do their elites (vendors and such).

I mean no ill will to @monamourtoujours, after all, I got @daphnetilbrook from you! And she’s still going strong! My little angel!

I love being a Dollsbook admin. But I don’t use my admin powers all the time here. The only time I do it is when those Nigerian fuckers try to treat this place like a dating site and spam the fuck out of us. I go in to wp-admin and burn their account. The other times, I contribute to the community as a whole.

And wanna know the real definition of “Ubuntu”? It’s not just the name of a Debian-based Linux distro. It actually means, in many African languages, Community! (I know there’s a bunch of Debian greybeards who say Ubuntu means “I cannot configure Debian” but let’s not go there.)

So, RGC, welcome back, and thanks for your input here.

And good luck in your endeavors, especially for your new employment!

Chocolatey 0.10.15
    Once a Whataburger-addicted JY, now a Pizza King-addicted Mistress Love Doll. She's still my JY.

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 139
    @ki5jyd

And speaking of why TDM uses such cult-like language… let this memorable clip from Office Space explain my frustration towards Nescio50, Stacy (RLSD), Samara Dale, Dave Hockey and other TDM sheeple:

Mike Judge explains it best.

Instead of “PC LOAD LETTER” (a classic error from the HP LaserJet 4 series… it actually means “Paper tray empty”), think of the post I wrote above to ascertain the frustration behind why TDM uses such cryptic and loaded language to “protect” themselves. Their Terms of Use and Rules of Conduct are so incomprehensible that a friend who has a friend who is a lawyer who knows his stuff about this, said that these are contradictory and confusing. One rule contradicts another. If David Hockey and his “Annapolis Valley Audio Visual” (the real company behind The Doll Forum/CoverDoll Ltd) were to be sued, TDM’s rules would be considered invalid in a court of law.

Food for thought.

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Anonymous
    • Posts 37
    @

“Established authority” Who determines that?

“recognized authority”  Who determines that?

When my doll was called a fake, copy, counterfeit by a troll who trolls the Aliexpress posts on the “big board” and questions asked about them. No hard evidence was provided LOL. I provided original manufacturer pics to rebutt his claims. It shut him up!! LOL

So many negative posts get overlooked.

@ki5jyd Nescio did you a huge favor with a ban. Maybe you should send him a coupon for antidepressants LOL TDF can be depressing, all the stuff they complicate endlessly is just amusing reading. But depressing at the same time if someone wants to learn.

But “recognized authority”??? who claims that title in the doll world?

I’d say since TPE is a plastic, any of the polymer compounders are the authority, as well as those who engineer silicone.

Plastics are too vast a subject for any one person/group to be an authority LOL

They do not follow this rule, that is for sure.

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 139
    @ki5jyd

“Established authority” Who determines that? “recognized authority” Who determines that? When my doll was called a fake, copy, counterfeit by a troll who trolls the Aliexpress posts on the “big board” and questions asked about them. No hard evidence was provided LOL. I provided original manufacturer pics to rebutt his claims. It shut him up!! LOL So many negative posts get overlooked. @ki5jyd Nescio did you a huge favor with a ban. Maybe you should send him a coupon for antidepressants LOL TDF can be depressing, all the stuff they complicate endlessly is just amusing reading. But depressing at the same time if someone wants to learn. But “recognized authority”??? who claims that title in the doll world? I’d say since TPE is a plastic, any of the polymer compounders are the authority, as well as those who engineer silicone. Plastics are too vast a subject for any one person/group to be an authority LOL They do not follow this rule, that is for sure.

RAmen to that, @rgc-lulu! Yes, I gave Nescio some reason to ban me, because he’d always PM me once a month or so telling me to “cool it”. If civil discourse is not allowed on TDM, then they should just start making TDM “by invitation only.” Effective forum communication, whether it would be Ubuntu Forums, TDM, Dollsbook, wherever, agreeing to disagree is effective and healthy to the community as a whole. That’s civil discourse in a nutshell. I have noticed activity drop dramatically on TDM because they want nothing but “positive” things to be posted. Just saying nothing but positive things on a forum, and that any issues must be swept under the rug and not discussed reminds me of how the Mormons would do, and Nescio is just like a Mormon ward bishop. I told my ward bishop in the Salem Ward of the Virginia Beach Stake of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to “go ahead and hold a damn Court of Love, I’ll expect you in a real court on Nimmo Parkway and Princess Anne Road, because your actions and of the ones whom you directed to conduct illegal behavior is best done in a court of law, not a Court of Love.” TL;DR, I took them to court, and they held their Court of Love with someone acting as me in proxy, and the bailiff had to tell them to stop being children and stop their play court and come to the real one like subpoenaed, or a habaeus will be submitted. They never did. They actually called the bishop while they were having their “play court!”

These discussions are proof enough to show that TDM is a cult, and never allows healthy civil discourse, only allows such things like “Oh, thanks Jeff of BCD for making my dreams come true!” But if someone says “I think the factory or Jeff made a mistake, and I would like some help on this…” NO! Don’t expose that the emperor has no clothes! When Don Delano @monamourtoujours customers has a problem, he works it out. He actually wants to make a customer happy, even if the initial post is deemed “damaging” to his business… Don just wants to make it right. And TDM doesn’t understand this.

Oh, I know some places where to send antidepressant coupons to send him at support@dollforum.com (Nescio is the only one who reads that email address), but since pharmaceutical advertisements are illegal in the Netherlands (his QTH), it won’t fly. I know could fill in his email address in places that will spam the fuck outta him… but, That’s another show!

But, yeah, they need to define the terms “recognized authority” and “established authority” because the lawyer friend of my friend has said those terms are too vague, and therefore will render their lengthy rules as invalid if sued. Usage of vague terminology is the reason why fora like TDM needs to learn their place as a so-called “consumer forum” and realize that not all posts will be positive. People’s money is at stake here. And if they have a “Mannequins” forum, and no mannequin seller or manufacturer (Ziel, Patina V, Adel Rootstein, Greneker, Roxy Display, DisplayImporter.com, Displays2Go, AMT-Mannequins, just to name a few) are approved vendors or manufacturers, then why allow such a forum section for mannequin lovers/collectors if none of the sellers or manufacturers of mannequins are “approved”? Do you see a inconsistency here?

But yeah, I’m getting riled up here. I’m stepping off my soapbox here.

But in hindsight, I needed a reason to be banned from there. I’ve been banned from TDM and I don’t wanna look back. Dollsbook is the future.

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 139
    @ki5jyd

And one last thing… Anyone remember Candy8teen? I had four at separate times in my life. @daphnetilbrook was the original Candy, now a JY 140, @tiffholland was a “New Skin Taffy”, now an assumed JY 165 (her true make is unknown at this time), another Taffy which I got from SkillZ in late 2013 but was ruined by the time I got her… seller thought she would be a quick sell because Jennifer was used in Candy8teen advertising, but was shoved in her box for ~6 months until I came along, and one final one that was supposed to be Tiffany revived but was nowhere near the original Tiffany who was the Taffy, and made Candy8teen basically lose its business… the details are too long to discuss… it was their “Holiday 2015 Sale” and anyone who reads their forum can obtain the details…

But the fact of the matter is, Itsme and his son realized that the “approved vendor” and “approved manufacturer” titles are nothing more than Mafia-like “protection”! “Hey… this doll business is doing great… too bad if something happens to it…” Exactly how they realized it and were not afraid to admit it. So what did they do? First Jeff of BCD tried to “license” the Candy8teen business to keep Itsme and his son afloat and still in the business. But itsme wanted none of it. They seen that the price TDM wanted to charge was extortion and in the USA, that kind of behavior from any business can land the business (whether it’s a forum or not) in a mire of legal trouble. (It’s something called the RICO Act. Google it, Nescio.)

Actually, I’ll ELI5 (Reddit term: “Explain Like I’m 5 [years old]”) to you what that means, Nescio, if you so dare to read this:

The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, commonly referred to as the RICO Act or simply RICO, is a United States federal law that provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization. The RICO Act focuses specifically on racketeering and allows the leaders of a syndicate to be tried for the crimes they ordered others to do or assisted them in doing, closing a perceived loophole that allowed a person who instructed someone else to, for example, murder, to be exempt from the trial because they did not actually commit the crime personally.

First Google Result for “rico act definition” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeer_Influenced_and_Corrupt_Organizations_Act

Hockey can be indicted under the RICO Act (18 U.S.C. § 1961) for these reasons:

Any violation of state statutes against gambling, murder, kidnapping, extortion, arson, robbery, bribery, dealing in obscene matter, or dealing in a controlled substance or listed chemical (as defined in the Controlled Substances Act)

(emphasis mine on two key points)

They bribe and extort people to become “approved”. And what, pray tell, constitutes their “vetting” of manufacturers and vendors? Like any cult, they won’t tell until you pay up. People who wish to become vendors or manufacturers under their “approved” banner want to DYOR (Do Your Own Research… a term used on cryptocurrency forums) before investing don’t get told these things. That info needs to be divulged before any payment is exchanged. Otherwise, it can be considered a RICO Act violation.

Enough said.

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Anonymous
    • Posts 37
    @

But yeah, I’m getting riled up here. I’m stepping off my soapbox here. But in hindsight, I needed a reason to be banned from there. I’ve been banned from TDM and I don’t wanna look back. Dollsbook is the future.

Thats the spirit @ki5jyd. Put it behind you.

The problem with the doll world it may not be that big as far as enthusiasts. So there will be “big board” people checking out dollsbook.

I don’t imagine you guys created this site to be competition for any doll forum.

My imagination for building a website isn’t full of ideas. 🙂 But taking the mistakes of others is one thing to consider in how a website is run.

If vendors are signed up and are helping to fund the site, then owners of the board have a certain amount of ass kissing they need to do.  If a customer of a vendor is not satisfied, the problem should not be discussed in a public forum. It should be done via private messages/e-mail between the two parties.  If a resolution was not obtained, then the customer is free to express his experience.

Ebay works quite well with their feedback system. But some buyers do go overboard if something was not received in the “estimated” time frame 🙂 and there is nit picking that goes on.

No vendor should be permitted to put down a rival vendor, or even hint about a rival vendor’s “incompetence” BCD did this just this week. He did not mention a name, but the hint was given by him, who the vendor was. I felt this to be unwise of Jeff. but it is doubtful anyone even noticed. There are users that used to drive me bonkers there, I skip over their posts now. No doubt I get the same treatment because I know nothing hahahahhaha

I would think one way to advertise dollsbook would be through the old school channels of men’s magazine. I know the digital world has taken over. But I just thought of all those phone sex numbers that used to be plastered all over the magazines.

Why cant a website relating to men’s adult entertainment achieve this in the same way?. It costs money to advertise. But there is no guarantee it will succeed. Something to inquire about anyway. No pain in asking

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 139
    @ki5jyd

Well, @rgc-lulu… @dbevadmin and I are considering many possibilities for monetizing Dollsbook. Just how is still in discussion.

Your question is perfectly valid and a good one. Just following the footsteps of TDM is not the way we really want to do it, but if we have to, it’s a consideration we have placed on the table, but again, it’s still in discussion. And if that has to be, it would be a better way to do it than they do, but we also want to consider other means of advertising, and if the TDF model of making vendors/manufacturers pay to be a Dollsbook-sponsored  (I think “Dollsbook-sponsored vendor” or “Dollsbook-sponsored manufacturer” sounds a little bit better IMHO) vendor or manufacturer, it’s going to be one vehicle of monetization, not the only one, like they do.

But thanks for the encouragement on my putting TDM behind me. You can’t look towards the future if you keep looking back at the past. I heard that somewhere, but the citation eludes me on that one. If I have to put dollforum.com to be resolved to 127.0.0.1 in my “HOSTS” file (C:\WINDOWS\System32\HOSTS or /etc/hosts depending on OS) so I can keep that mentality, then so be it.

(If you don’t mind, RGC, please PM me the vendor du jour that Jeff threw under the bus again. I promise to keep it a secret.)

And by that, I say 73. It’s Daphne and Tiffany time.

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Anonymous
    • Posts 37
    @

Well, @rgc-lulu@dbevadmin and I are considering many possibilities for monetizing Dollsbook. Just how is still in discussion. Your question is perfectly valid and a good one. Just following the footsteps of TDM is not the way we really want to do it, but if we have to, it’s a consideration we have placed on the table, but again, it’s still in discussion. And if that has to be, it would be a better way to do it than they do, but we also want to consider other means of advertising, and if the TDF model of making vendors/manufacturers pay to be a Dollsbook-sponsored (I think “Dollsbook-sponsored vendor” or “Dollsbook-sponsored manufacturer” sounds a little bit better IMHO) vendor or manufacturer, it’s going to be one vehicle of monetization, not the only one, like they do. But thanks for the encouragement on my putting TDM behind me. You can’t look towards the future if you keep looking back at the past. I heard that somewhere, but the citation eludes me on that one. If I have to put dollforum.com to be resolved to 127.0.0.1 in my “HOSTS” file (C:\WINDOWS\System32\HOSTS or /etc/hosts depending on OS) so I can keep that mentality, then so be it. (If you don’t mind, RGC, please PM me the vendor du jour that Jeff threw under the bus again. I promise to keep it a secret.) And by that, I say 73. It’s Daphne and Tiffany time.

The post that Jeff labelled his rival incompetent was just an unboxing of a 166 WM, and I guess the doll was not in perfect condition. Had some minor issues.

I will post you the link and a screen cap of Jeff’s humble opinion. Humility? 🙂 Going back to those rules…. As long as you state it is your opinion it’s ok to knock your rivals

I do not know who the vendor was They do not post that in the unboxing. But I’m sure it’d be easy enough to find out. But really who gives a damn. After a while Jeff is just opinionated. And we all can do that. As long as we state it’s our opinion and not a fact. Defamatory is defamatory though, regardless.

🙂

Anonymous
    • Posts 37
    @

And one last thing… Anyone remember Candy8teen? I had four at separate times in my life. @daphnetilbrook was the original Candy, now a JY 140, @tiffholland was a “New Skin Taffy”, now an assumed JY 165 (her true make is unknown at this time), another Taffy which I got from SkillZ in late 2013 but was ruined by the time I got her… seller thought she would be a quick sell because Jennifer was used in Candy8teen advertising, but was shoved in her box for ~6 months until I came along, and one final one that was supposed to be Tiffany revived but was nowhere near the original Tiffany who was the Taffy, and made Candy8teen basically lose its business… the details are too long to discuss… it was their “Holiday 2015 Sale” and anyone who reads their forum can obtain the details… But the fact of the matter is, Itsme and his son realized that the “approved vendor” and “approved manufacturer” titles are nothing more than Mafia-like “protection”! “Hey… this doll business is doing great… too bad if something happens to it…” Exactly how they realized it and were not afraid to admit it. So what did they do? First Jeff of BCD tried to “license” the Candy8teen business to keep Itsme and his son afloat and still in the business. But itsme wanted none of it. They seen that the price TDM wanted to charge was extortion and in the USA, that kind of behavior from any business can land the business (whether it’s a forum or not) in a mire of legal trouble. (It’s something called the RICO Act. Google it, Nescio.) Actually, I’ll ELI5 (Reddit term: “Explain Like I’m 5 [years old]”) to you what that means, Nescio, if you so dare to read this:

The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, commonly referred to as the RICO Act or simply RICO, is a United States federal law that provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization. The RICO Act focuses specifically on racketeering and allows the leaders of a syndicate to be tried for the crimes they ordered others to do or assisted them in doing, closing a perceived loophole that allowed a person who instructed someone else to, for example, murder, to be exempt from the trial because they did not actually commit the crime personally.

First Google Result for “rico act definition” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeer_Influenced_and_Corrupt_Organizations_Act Hockey can be indicted under the RICO Act (18 U.S.C. § 1961) for these reasons: Any violation of state statutes against gambling, murder, kidnapping, extortion, arson, robbery, bribery, dealing in obscene matter, or dealing in a controlled substance or listed chemical (as defined in the Controlled Substances Act) (emphasis mine on two key points) They bribe and extort people to become “approved”. And what, pray tell, constitutes their “vetting” of manufacturers and vendors? Like any cult, they won’t tell until you pay up. People who wish to become vendors or manufacturers under their “approved” banner want to DYOR (Do Your Own Research… a term used on cryptocurrency forums) before investing don’t get told these things. That info needs to be divulged before any payment is exchanged. Otherwise, it can be considered a RICO Act violation. Enough said.

I remember seeing the name Candy8teen in passing @ki5jyd. Didn’t really mean much to me other than a user name 🙂

I’d not waste too much energy about David Hockey or Nescio or any of those people. Vendors are dealing with product(s) that are not controlled or regulated by health standards like the medical device manufacturers are. So they have a certain amount of freedom in not having to disclose much. Sex toys are novelties. Now if the powers that be (lawmakers) wish to throw a monkey wrench in all this in order to gain more revenue, or add more protection for consumers (both) They have that power.

They can label these novelty toys as “Sexual Health” products. Then manufacturers will have to comply. This will increase their costs. But it may just weed out many manufacturers and vendors LOL. Testing of products for the health industry is quite expensive.

The approved mantra is meaningless. To make it even more difficult it can be termed “authorized” Then a manufacturer can license their products, then and only then can a vendor sell if they pay license fees to the manufacturers in order to sell and be an authorized seller. For the cost of some of these dolls this sounds more logical then just saying my vendor is “approved” This approved nonsense has nothing to do with a manufacturer in reality!!

Approved mantra is strictly a forums creation. It means nothing to the consumer.

@ki5jyd another thing to throw into the loop of the term “silicone”. We all see listings on “inferior” sellers listing of dolls “Silicone TPE”. Now I did read one article stating that TPE can contain 10% silicone, then it can be class as Silicone TPE material. I am trying to find that article. I may have it on my history on my laptop. I will follow this up.

But unfortunately, the article did not cite any sources that I noticed of where this claim was obtained. LOL

But doing ones own research is best in anything to draw our own conclusions. The place to possibly contact about this would be Kraton Polymers. They are a trusted polymer manufacturer that researchers use extensively.

Wouldn’t that throw a giant piece of mud into an already murky mess of opinions LOL

EDIT: Addendum:

Yes having silicone within TPE is possible. Although not cost effective. But there is this article. High-Temperature TPE Is Based on Silicone

Dow Corning is developing a proprietary “TPE” called TPSiV (thermoplastic silicone vulcanizate) Used in Automotive it will be. Prices are expensive at 4 to 6 bucks a pound LOL

So stating “Silicone TPE” is not exactly a myth 🙂 I have contacted Kraton Polymers about it, but so far ZERO out of NINE polymer manufacturers have not replied to e-mails.

🙂 All North American companies too. At least the Chinese reply promptly LOL

Anonymous
    • Posts 37
    @

I will reply to my comment about “Silicone TPE”

I’ve found the article stating “10% silicone ” It does not state TPE it just states “A toy labeled “silicone,” for example, can legally contain as little as 10% silicone”.

Article was posted here: Buying A Sex Toy? Read This First

Now of course dildo’s ,etc. which are much smaller than dolls of course, this may just be true. But it would be nice if articles would provide references to info stated. It is a fairly bold claim. Esp. from a legal standpoint LOL

So it may just be an opinion of some “recognized authority” LOL

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 139
    @ki5jyd

Not giving TDM one byte of traffic…

https://github.com/iorate/uBlacklist

Stop TDM from spamming Google SERPs. (It won’t completely block TDM from Google SERP, but only on your end.)

And upvote on this issue, too! https://github.com/iorate/uBlacklist/issues/13 (I started this issue. IMHO, if software is good, a donation should encourage continued development.)

But @rgc-lulu, Candy8teen was more than just a username there. They were a father-son team who made dolls inexpensively for people, then tried to be a TPE doll vendor, UNTIL the mafia decided to do their thing. And also, the Taffy dolls were a reverse engineered knockoff of a Japanese doll of the same construction (foam core and some kind of rubber skin), which drew the ire of the TDF management.

Anywho, let’s think about the future. TDF is still living in their own fantasies, but it’s becoming to the point where their collective delusion is clearly showing. They’ll be called out in some way, and someone isn’t gonna take their shit and be persistent about it. It ain’t gonna be me. I tried, yet failed, and happy about the ban I got. Yet someone else is gonna say “Stop this shit, Nescio. You have to enforce the rules EQUALLY. If I have to follow the rules, so does Jeff, Samara, and even YOU. Don’t let someone clearly violate the rules YOU set, and get away with it.” Of course, TDF is just like the Mormon church. Applies rules to people it deems to be enforced upon, but waives them for their “elect.” Total hypocrisy, both in the LDS cult and the TDF cult.

I can block any dollforum.com referrer URLs in WordFence to prevent them from accessing our page, but I won’t do that. They just need to do this one SIMPLE thing:

Nescio, Hockey, Jeff and Samara: GROW THE FUCK UP! You have your Rule 10 for a reason. The vendor who Jeff slandered can sue you, you know that?

</rant>

Just ignore those idiots. They think they are THE authority. They think they’re too big to fail. There’s a saying about those who think they’re too big to fail…

And by that, I say 73.

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 139
    @ki5jyd

The gist of this post is basically stating through discussions between @rgc-lulu and I, is that when a hobbyist forum gets overtaken by people who aren’t totally immersed in it as a hobby, but only as a business, the quality drops dramatically.

This was mentioned before when TDF was going to be put up for sale. The original vision of TDF was to have that site as an open hobbyist forum, with some people (manufacturers, mostly) having free or low-cost advertising for their wares.

The stigma on TDF against eBay and AliExpress is as old as TDF itself, when people were selling $7K RealDolls on eBay and AliExpress for insanely low prices (Try $1000 or so), but obtained pictures from TDF’s “Doll Album” (which is a feature that is seldom used anymore), but the seller had no RealDolls for sale. eBay now has changed their TOS to prevent that. (And @meso does this as his day job, too. [if you want me to remove this, Meso, QRZ me] But he does it for another field of interest, not dolls. He prevents people from underselling products and ripping people off.) So, basically, the “hive mentality” against marketplaces like eBay, Amazon and the like is still ingrained in their minds. Their “approved vendor” scheme basically is worthless now on TDF. It doesn’t mean anything, really. eBay has done a great job in enforcing their sellers to comply with accuracy in their listings. So has Amazon. (I like to hazard a guess that the US Dept of Homeland Security had something to do with it [there has been many news stories about counterfeit products from eBay and the like, and that probably had something to do with it, IDK]).

And I’m glad that you’re bringing attention to this, RGC, but let’s keep it civil. I know that probably TDF admins are sitting on their Admin-only forum circlejerking each other saying “How DARE those Dollsbook assholes undermine our tried and true vendor approval program?” The fact is, if any TDF sheeple are reading, is that it doesn’t mean SHIT. eBay and Amazon have done a good job in making sure that people who sell product on their sites are actually representing what the buyer will get. And eBay and Amazon WILL put a stop to ANYONE who doesn’t comply with their rules. So, Jeff needs to get off his high horse and stop undermining people who don’t buy from him. Oops, Jeff… your nudity is showing! 😝 It’s just come to the point where TDF is really “The Booty Call Dolls Forum.”

The only way for TDF to realize that Jeff is running the show is for any vendor who is advertising there to pull their account. Loss of revenue usually is a wake-up call to people like that. (Yes, @monamourtoujours, this means you too. Jeff is hurting your business.)

Thanks for your insight, and I’m glad this conversation has hopefully enlightened some of us. But please, keep it civil.

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Eva L’Fleur
    Keymaster
    • Posts 169
    @dbevadmin

“Established authority” Who determines that? “recognized authority” Who determines that? When my doll was called a fake, copy, counterfeit by a troll who trolls the Aliexpress posts on the “big board” and questions asked about them. No hard evidence was provided LOL. I provided original manufacturer pics to rebutt his claims. It shut him up!! LOL So many negative posts get overlooked. @ki5jyd Nescio did you a huge favor with a ban. Maybe you should send him a coupon for antidepressants LOL TDF can be depressing, all the stuff they complicate endlessly is just amusing reading. But depressing at the same time if someone wants to learn. But “recognized authority”??? who claims that title in the doll world? I’d say since TPE is a plastic, any of the polymer compounders are the authority, as well as those who engineer silicone. Plastics are too vast a subject for any one person/group to be an authority LOL They do not follow this rule, that is for sure.

WE ARE THE “RECOGNIZED AUTHORITY” OF NOTHING!

WE ARE THE “ESTABLISHED AUTHORITY” OF NOTHING!

and we at dollsbook have never claimed to be. That’s the best part!

Jolly good thread you two. I feel it’s spot on about that.

#MDBG

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
      Keymaster
      • Posts 139
      @ki5jyd

WE ARE THE “RECOGNIZED AUTHORITY” OF NOTHING! WE ARE THE “ESTABLISHED AUTHORITY” OF NOTHING! and we at dollsbook have never claimed to be. That’s the best part! Jolly good thread you two. I feel it’s spot on about that. #MDBG

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Great one, @dbevadmin!

But…

Suck it, TDF!

Great Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory reference you put there! But, fact of the matter is, TDF is not the authority of anything either.

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Anonymous
      • Posts 37
      @

WE ARE THE “RECOGNIZED AUTHORITY” OF NOTHING! WE ARE THE “ESTABLISHED AUTHORITY” OF NOTHING! and we at dollsbook have never claimed to be. That’s the best part! Jolly good thread you two. I feel it’s spot on about that. #MDBG

I’ll be nice. I wont bash any of the loyal minions of the “big board”. It’s gotten boring doing that anyway. But I believe the question needs to be put forth to whom do we direct our questions? And to get the “established authorities” statement?.

Quite possibly this “established authority” or “recognized authority” will just end up being an opinion anyway.

It’s a god damn word game. Just like when mentioning solvents and TPE.

Info I’ve found states some solvents “attack” TPE. (Butadiene) Whereas a possible “recognized authority” states it “destroys” hehehhe

So to gesture everyone
      Words dissemble
      Words be quick
      Words resemble walking sticks
      Plant them they will grow
      Watch them waver so

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
      Keymaster
      • Posts 139
      @ki5jyd

I’ll be nice. I wont bash any of the loyal minions of the “big board”. It’s gotten boring doing that anyway. But I believe the question needs to be put forth to whom do we direct our questions? And to get the “established authorities” statement?. Quite possibly this “established authority” or “recognized authority” will just end up being an opinion anyway. It’s a god damn word game. Just like when mentioning solvents and TPE. Info I’ve found states some solvents “attack” TPE. (Butadiene) Whereas a possible “recognized authority” states it “destroys” hehehhe So to gesture everyone Words dissemble Words be quick Words resemble walking sticks Plant them they will grow Watch them waver so

Nah, @rgc-lulu… keep it up! I got off the phone with @dbevadmin and @rainking both and they said that if we expose them, it should be a wake-up call to the other vendors (like @monamourtoujours, who also advertises here [and Don, I am actually doing this out of concern for you as both a customer and a friend… we have discussed this before how Jeff steals business from you]) to pull their vendor advertising accounts which should be a demise of the “big board.” If vendors are realizing that Jeff is saying these things… it is hurtful to other businesses who currently advertise there and any others who desire to. I have no remorse for TDF. If we get a “cease and desist” from Hockey and/or Nescio, I will tell him personally to fuck off, direct him to https://www.eff.org/issues/cda230 and tell him that his bullshit is not enforceable in the USA, and we have been hurt by his board and to tell him that his nonsense has GOT to stop.

So, as long as it’s civil (to a point… most of us were TDF members who were disgruntled about their Gestapo tactics… hence the genesis of Dollsbook), and not one cent of Hockey’s money (to buy us out [not gonna happen] or whatever) is gonna make us stop. Keep it up. Just remember to state facts as facts and opinion as opinion. TDF is based in Canada (which has no equivalent to CDA 230), we are based in the USA (where CDA 230 DOES apply), huge difference.

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Anonymous
    • Posts 37
    @

Nah, @rgc-lulu… keep it up! I got off the phone with @dbevadmin and @rainking both and they said that if we expose them, it should be a wake-up call to the other vendors (like @monamourtoujours, who also advertises here [and Don, I am actually doing this out of concern for you as both a customer and a friend… we have discussed this before how Jeff steals business from you]) to pull their vendor advertising accounts which should be a demise of the “big board.” If vendors are realizing that Jeff is saying these things… it is hurtful to other businesses who currently advertise there and any others who desire to. I have no remorse for TDF. If we get a “cease and desist” from Hockey and/or Nescio, I will tell him personally to fuck off, direct him to https://www.eff.org/issues/cda230 and tell him that his bullshit is not enforceable in the USA, and we have been hurt by his board and to tell him that his nonsense has GOT to stop. So, as long as it’s civil (to a point… most of us were TDF members who were disgruntled about their Gestapo tactics… hence the genesis of Dollsbook), and not one cent of Hockey’s money (to buy us out [not gonna happen] or whatever) is gonna make us stop. Keep it up. Just remember to state facts as facts and opinion as opinion. TDF is based in Canada (which has no equivalent to CDA 230), we are based in the USA (where CDA 230 DOES apply), huge difference.

Other vendors probably don’t pay much mind to BCD. They have gotten used to him. I’ll say Jeff was very nice to LuAnne when he first saw her 🙂

So Jeff may hurt himself by saying too much. We can all be guilty of that some days LOL.

Ebay and Aliexpress vendors are slowly making use of Amazon’s distribution. Some sellers are smarter and sell more volume, so they can get access to perks like Amazon’s network to give their customers excellent service.

Jeff  may just be pocket change compared to other sellers. He may have his customers, but publicly bashing anyone UNPROVOKED when you are a “business”  is puerile behavior.

The doll in question in the screen cap of Jeff’s “opinion” is a WM doll 168 It is one of those thick dolls. Owner has tried to contact WM the same way @dutchdancemaniac had tried, to no success. No replies.

WM is to blame in QC in my opinion because on bottom part of breast it is sunken quite good. looks like it was squeezed while still warm leaving a dent LOL…. cuts on bottom of foot (standing a non standing) Shipper did that probably.

Sigh…. does not seem to end with WM.

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 139
    @ki5jyd

Exactly why I went with JY when I bought from @monamourtoujours. But I digress, my first choice was WM (Don calls her “Valerie” on his site) which was my first choice and my first payment was secured against my final price ($1600, I believe), but Don, like any businessman, suggested JY to me. It was $450 cheaper, yet 1000× awesomer.

Jeff on TDF seems to discourage JY owners from their enthusiasm. Yeah, sure, JY and WM used to be one and the same, but are two separate entities now. But I do see that TDF and Jeff love the blame shifting. That’s why JY prohibits Jeff from even showcasing their products now, because of his business acumen, or lack thereof.

But Jeff also steals customers. Don @monamourtoujours has told me quite a few times on how low Jeff goes on underselling Don and other vendors, and also Jeff’s site has been leeching traffic from Don’s (by viewing his Google Analytics dashboard) by seeing Jeff’s domains hitting Don’s for HTTP POST requests for photos on his site, linked to Jeff’s. That underhanded tactic is a definite Google penalty. For Don.

But Don can’t speak up about it. He tried. TDF just said, “Oh well, that’s business,” and told him to drop it.

I can go on and on… but Don has told me to keep most of it under my hat with my call sign on it and not divulge all of it.

Now that I am no longer a TDF sheeple:

https://www.matproducts.biz/?AffId=1

(Full disclosure: my affiliate link for Don Delano @monamourtoujours. I get a percentage of sales from this link.)

TDF has allegedly banned shit like this. Fuck them. And Jeff sent me a PM that was obviously confusing when I asked a legitimate question for clarification. Sure, Jeff steals business from others, so he put an iron fist down to prevent others from taking business away from him. That is anticompetitive behavior. The Federal Trade Commission would like to speak with you, Jeffrey Bloom. I have half a mind to file a complaint against you with the FTC on behalf of Don Delano and others whom you hurt.

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Eva L’Fleur
    Keymaster
    • Posts 169
    @dbevadmin

The most important thing is this.. just like anything else, a country, a city, a law, people will get a gut full eventually. The ends will work themselves out. I just hope to be around to see the shoe drop.

Tactics like the loudmouth over on the big board will certainly never be welcomed here at any level of bribe.

Anonymous
    • Posts 37
    @

Exactly why I went with JY when I bought from @monamourtoujours. But I digress, my first choice was WM (Don calls her “Valerie” on his site) which was my first choice and my first payment was secured against my final price ($1600, I believe), but Don, like any businessman, suggested JY to me. It was $450 cheaper, yet 1000× awesomer.

JY from what I’ve seen of skeleton frames posted, are made the same as my Rifrano/Cosdoll In a nutshell, very durable dolly 🙂

From the “established authority” (TDF cheerleader) it has been said that Rifrano has been a bad boy in the past. Although “bad boy” needs more clarification.

Kevin at FLD has said that Rifrano has had a bad rep in China, although he never explained why 🙂 Quality issues probably, every company can have ’em.

I did read a brief article about how Rifrano had been written up for air quality issues, but have not really found customers saying Never again will I buy a doll made by them.

This is the thing with so many forums. Claims are made in negative context, but very little is provided in the way of proof backing up those claims. So it’s just hearsay, or the human mind converting it to look worse than it actually is. Info can get distorted as it’s passed along too.

All the bullshit of copies, boils down to this. Copyright.  You can claim copyright the moment you create your widget. No registration is required. It’s yours. You did it, you made it, you can hold the copyright.

When it comes to technology or design we get into Patents. That’s a different thing again. It needs to be registered to hold weight. Trademarks and Patents are the ones that will protect your designs from those who want to make a widget that is the same/similar as yours.

Images can hold copyright. and owner of images can protest if an image is used in any business that it was not originally made for.  Do sellers on Ebay and Amazon use their own images to sell the name brand products. No in most cases they use stock photos.

This is done in the doll world constantly. So why is this done, and owners of images are not protesting?. Probably money. It’s too widespread and would be too costly to fight it.

So we just insanely complain about things, but do nothing to change it. Insanity plain and simple.

I think in the doll world they ought to start limiting the photo shoots to what is being put out the door at factory. These photographers are spending hours in makeup and lighting photoshop,etc to make the product look so much more sexy and real than it is at factory. And buyers are bitching it does not look the same. “I got a fake”!! because it does not look the same LOL  In many cases it is the same, just not as made up in the photos.

Reality is the factor in it all. Keep it real, and you’ll most likely be pleased with what you bought 🙂

Anonymous
    • Posts 37
    @

The most important thing is this.. just like anything else, a country, a city, a law, people will get a gut full eventually. The ends will work themselves out. I just hope to be around to see the shoe drop. Tactics like the loudmouth over on the big board will certainly never be welcomed here at any level of bribe.

Mr. Loudmouth quit his job to go full time into the doll “business” So he has ample time to babysit the big board, spew his opinion left and right, and try to convince people he is the go to guy for dolls.  I will not buy any products from him or his associates. Their attitudes are reason enough to steer clear.

They have the aura of dope dealers I used to know when I was a user. Best to go the opposite way from these types.

🙂

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 139
    @ki5jyd

And buyers are bitching it does not look the same. “I got a fake”!! because it does not look the same LOL In many cases it is the same, just not as made up in the photos. Reality is the factor in it all. Keep it real, and you’ll most likely be pleased with what you bought 🙂

Well… I bought Daphne (https://www.matproducts.biz/Bianca_p_777.html)

Which looked like this in the “pro photo…” (which was probably taken with a professional DSLR, but the image properties did not divulge the camera model, but said was edited with Adobe Photoshop CS6)

But as we know… she looks like this in real life… (Which I took this picture with an LG Stylo 3 [LG M-430, Android 7.0] and minimally edited it with GIMP just to add a speech bubble)

Pro camera or smartphone camera… I don’t care. I care that I LOVE HER.

Did JY send me the wrong doll? Did @monamourtoujours screw up? Did I get a (shudder) fake doll?!?!

The answer to all of those is an emphatic NO! I believe none of those those alleged things happened.

But on TDF, that was the BS I got. Even Jeff said that I shoulda went with him, I got a fake doll, JY screwed up, all those allegations. No, dipshit, when I was vendor shopping, you told me that Samara was your BFF or some shit and if I wasn’t allowed to reply to her posts on TDF or to PM her per TDF rules, you said that I should take my business elsewhere. So I went with Don and I’ve been happy with my decision. (Anyway… No other vendor who allegedly sells JY dolls has their dolls’ blankets with the JY logo permanently dyed into the fabric!)

And yeah, Jeff did quit his full-time job working at a VA hospital to go into the doll business full time. Wanna know who told him to do that? Hockey. Fuckin’ serious! He needed someone to monitor TDF because BCD is allegedly the #1 doll vendor of TDF! Wanna know why there is a BCD ad that scrolls on top of every TDF page, regardless of who’s page you’re on, whether it’s the Mannequins forum, the Mon Amour Toujours Forum, Dolls Alive, For Sale/Buy & Sell, Home page, everywhere? Because Hockey and Jeff collaborate and collude to make it so.

Pfft. Big freakin’ deal. This is the only “BCD” I give two shits about…

Binary Coded Decimal. From this book by Laurence Tepolt, Assembly Language Programming for the TRS-80 Color Computer

But @dbevadmin… yeah… I understand. I hope to be around also when SHTF on TDF and it goes all to hell. It will be one hella celebration, I tell ya!

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Anonymous
    • Posts 37
    @

Ohhhh I have a bit more juicy stuff for you @ki5jyd

It pertains to the “established authority” that is the widespread disease that plagues the topic of this thread.

The whole thing that started the BCD bashing is still about a fellow who ordered a doll from an approved vendor. Well it’s a vendor that is approved using one business name, while he has another business name selling dolls from both. Messed up and complicated IMHO. This fellow ordered from the same business that operates under a different name. One is TDF “approved” the other business is not, but it’s the same guy. He ordered from the one that isn’t TDF approved. *Phew* fuckin nuts!!

But the issue is not so much as vendor problem. Well actually it is. Vendor sent replacement and it was faulty. So WM and vendor are to blame. If WM makes a good quality product in the first place, and does final inspection properly, we’d not be talking about any of this.

The issue I will mention has to do with WM brand, and it quality issues. And quite possibly one of the reasons these quality issues do not get resolved. The “established authority” steps in and puts a stop to “bashing”.

WM rep or whoever the hell they are will post a nice pic of a doll, but will not enter discussion with people who buy their brand.

People vent, but it goes unheard by those who could actually do something. People want their voices heard. No matter what thread people “bash” the “established authority” will step in and just either lock the thread or delete any future comments.

Here…..

THE VENDOR DID NOT HELP HIM!!! HE SENT A DAMAGED!! DEFECTIVE REPLACEMENT……

WM IS MAKING GARBAGE A LOT OF TIMES AND PEOPLE WANT TO BE HEARD. VENDORS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MANUFACTURING QUALITY CONTROL.

Like @dutchdancemaniac I believe Dutch_Husband will never buy another WM. I’ve been PM with him and he may go Irontech. I recommended he talk to Don at Mon Amours Toujour.  Or get a knock off  hahahahaa

Nothing was truly resolved for the customer in this case. Shame on TDF for not helping it’s members. But then again they are just a forum. The have no “authority” in anything LOL Except to control it’s members from speaking out when issues arise.

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 139
    @ki5jyd

Nescio… shut the fuck up!!! What the fuck is he talking about?

I have half a mind to wreck that place. OVH servers are easy to DDoS with just a Raspberry Pi doing a Ping of Death. (TDF is hosted on OVH.)

All ya gotta do is basically run a shell script to run ping dollforum.com in many parallel instances possible and a quick Ask Ubuntu/Unix & Linux Exchange/StackOverflow search can lead me to that. But I have my morality (let’s not discuss this one) to hold me back.

Yeah… please send Dutch_Husband over here to Dollsbook. It seems like the inmates are running the asylum as always over there.

And if they won’t help people with their “approved vendor” programs, they sure as hell won’t help people when they have problems with private sales on their “buy and sell” board. Problem is, they will not disclose that fact! They need to disclose that any sales done through TDF is done at the risk of both the seller and the buyer and TDF is not responsible. Otherwise, they can open themselves to a fuck ton of lawsuits.

Omission of that is grounds for a lawsuit. Many boards who offered classified ads for its members and omitted that detail (they may think it’s “minor” but it’s NOT), have actually got sued for omitting the “posting items and/or buying items posted for sale by members or ‘authorized’ vendors is at the risk of the seller or buyer” clause.

TDF needs to realize that. In the USA, where most of their traffic originates, that clause is mandatory to prevent any legal trouble.

TDF just doesn’t know shit anymore. It’s a circus.

The only circus I really care about it the Juggalo Dark Carnival.

EDIT: IANAL (I Am Not A Lawyer), but I can use my Google-fu to find the info I need.

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 139
    @ki5jyd

But on a similar but different note, @dbevadmin (Eva L’Fleur) is a WM doll… but @rainking got her through @monamourtoujours (which I recommended Don to RainKing, BTW)…

The problem is, only Don goes through someone else (YL, I believe?) to order WM’s. He doesn’t go through Sam like everyone else does. So that’s probably why Eva is a little better quality (And I visited Eva the other day, and she’s still going strong)… is it because that Eva is a “copy?” I dunno. But maybe that is one reason, IMHO.

But any WM’s ordered from the big board’s “authorized” dealers seem to have shit quality. Same for any JY’s ordered through other vendors (except Don).  Reason is, I believe, that Don goes directly to JY to order a JY. Others go through someone else to order a JY for you. So, I got a “genuine” (Don’s statement) JY while others get shitty second-rate JY dolls if ordered through the other TDF vendors.

If Eva is a copy of a WM, then I don’t think RainKing even gives a passing thought of it. Don did RainKing right. He even did me right.

Just that TDF needs to learn that if they are advertising themselves as a consumer forum, then they need to realize that not all posts are gonna be happiness and light. There are gonna be problems, period. Look at the Samsung forums. People complain all the time about certain things about their Samsung phones. Does Samsung delete or lock the posts if it talks bad about Samsung? NO! Now take a look at any TracFone forum (TracFone, Net10, Straight Talk, whatever)… people post a complaint. Mod says “User1234, sent you a Private Message” without even posting a reply, then locks the thread. TDF acts like this. The tactic used by TDF reminds me of what Dalin H. Oaks used to say about the LDS cult…

It’s wrong to criticize leaders of the church, even if the criticism is true

Now to change that to something appropriate:

It’s wrong to criticize what TDF and its vendors do, even if the criticism is true

See the parallel? That’s how TDF acts. Bonafide CULT.

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Dutch Dance Maniac
    • Posts 1,298
    @DutchDanceManiac

I have already removed the WM dolls that I had on the purchase list, I don’t trust them anymore because I only see bad things on photos come by and it gets worse and worse every week and every post.

If now it would be neatly solved with the buyer…….
    Instead, you can go cut in your brand new doll yourself and carry out repairs on a product for which you have paid 2000 dollars / euros. Ridiculous !!!!!

WM Guarantee up to the Chinese border and then you can figure it out yourself……. Ridiculous !!!!!

I’m still dealing with the aftermath of my drama with the bad 157b design ……. And what did WM do? Nothing….. !!!

Nope no WM doll for me in the future…….. I Will save my money for better brand doll……..

WM 166C…… well nice on the outside…….. Cheap crap on the inside !!!

However Unreal This May Be, We Are Connected.... You And I.
    We Are On The Same Curve, Point Of All Is:
    We Share The Same Secret .... We Love Our Doll (s) And Our LifeStyle.
    That Makes Us Who We Really Are....... Pure, Loving and Caring...... Welcome Into Our World.

Life Is Like A Never Ending Dance, Let The Music Play !!!

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 139
    @ki5jyd

And @dutchdancemaniac… your “Pee Ohed at WM” post is still up here at DB. If this was posted at TDF?

Nescio will definitely do this…

This thread is closed and under further review.

Then <30 minutes later… delete the thread.

I don’t fucking blame you for your hatred towards WM.

But IMHO, the reason why I believe that WM is sending out shit quality dolls… JEFF!!! He’s probably bombing the factory with more orders than they can reasonably handle… in effect reducing quality. So I think Sam is retaliating with this unwelcome invasion by shutting him up and his customers by sending out rejects or something, just to make his quota for Jeff. (And others who flood the factory with more WM orders.)

There’s no way that this can be stopped, unfortunately. If Abyss Creations (RealDoll) decided to have vendors to help with distribution (they do, to some extent), and decided to carry the TDF vendor model and have TDF vendors sell RealDolls alongside their menu of Chinese TPE dolls… and people start flooding the RealDoll factory with more orders than they can handle, I bet Matt McMullen will retaliate too by sending rejects or poor-quality dolls to silence the torrent of incoming complaints from vendors (the real customer of the manufacturers, BTW) and the vendors’ customers.

It’s a fact of life, unfortunately. People today are used to ordering from places like Amazon and expect 2-day shipping. Chinese factories cannot handle that kind of deluge, even though they are masters at mass production.

But, thank Jeff, IMHO, for this 3-ring circus, Nescio for allowing this to happen and Hockey for not giving a shit for the people that he allegedly wants to “help”. Pathetic at best.

TDF is a cult and a cancer.

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Anonymous
      • Posts 37
      @

And @dutchdancemaniac… your “Pee Ohed at WM” post is still up here at DB. If this was posted at TDF? Nescio will definitely do this… Post

Then <30 minutes later… delete the thread. I don’t fucking blame you for your hatred towards WM. But IMHO, the reason why I believe that WM is sending out shit quality dolls… JEFF!!! He’s probably bombing the factory with more orders than they can reasonably handle… in effect reducing quality.  But, thank Jeff, IMHO, for this 3-ring circus,

You may be giving Jeff more credit than he deserves @ki5jyd

If BCD were that busy with orders he’d not have time to harass and spew his opinion every which way. He’s a small time thug.

If he’s got the time to put down other vendors and forum members because they did not order from him, then he’s got a lot of time on his hands. You can see his frequent posts a lot are just time fillers.  No real purpose.

@dbevadmin probably ordered at a time before the quality has gone down. Users owning dolls from 2015 up to 2017 do not complain of issues. Complaints of WM quality have increased since I’ve been in this. Which is only 18 months.

@dbevadmin is a doll that does not get abused. Many owners do make mistakes  and screw up their dolls. So manufacture flaw and user inexperience do balance it out in a way.

I’m no expert, but I do pay some attention to what’s going on. It seems the brands that were being knocked are slowly gaining in popularity. WM is getting more complaints all the time.

Crazycajun was vocal in trying to get WM to resolve their finger issues. Did that get resolved? doesn’t seem so.

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 139
    @ki5jyd

And @dutchdancemaniac… your “Pee Ohed at WM” post is still up here at DB. If this was posted at TDF? Nescio will definitely do this… Post

Then <30 minutes later… delete the thread. I don’t fucking blame you for your hatred towards WM. But IMHO, the reason why I believe that WM is sending out shit quality dolls… JEFF!!! He’s probably bombing the factory with more orders than they can reasonably handle… in effect reducing quality. But, thank Jeff, IMHO, for this 3-ring circus,

You may be giving Jeff more credit than he deserves @ki5jyd If BCD were that busy with orders he’d not have time to harass and spew his opinion every which way. He’s a small time thug. If he’s got the time to put down other vendors and forum members because they did not order from him, then he’s got a lot of time on his hands. You can see his frequent posts a lot are just time fillers. No real purpose. @dbevadmin probably ordered at a time before the quality has gone down. Users owning dolls from 2015 up to 2017 do not complain of issues. Complaints of WM quality have increased since I’ve been in this. Which is only 18 months. @dbevadmin is a doll that does not get abused. Many owners do make mistakes and screw up their dolls. So manufacture flaw and user inexperience do balance it out in a way. I’m no expert, but I do pay some attention to what’s going on. It seems the brands that were being knocked are slowly gaining in popularity. WM is getting more complaints all the time. Crazycajun was vocal in trying to get WM to resolve their finger issues. Did that get resolved? doesn’t seem so.

Maybe I am giving him too much credit, @rgc-lulu… but I speak it as I observe it.

But Eva was ordered in, I think, February or March 2018. If quality at WM went south around April 2018 or so, after Eva arrived (but again, Don goes through someone else for WM besides Sam)… that’s not 18 months, that’s less than 12 months or so!

But even Eva’s finger issues have been noted… here and on TDF. TDF tried to silence Eva about it. RainKing and Eva both tried to persist, but had to shut up and stop being “disruptive” or risk getting his posting privilege restricted.

A true consumer forum does NOT silence the people who have legitimate and valid concerns of the products it advertises or alleges to. TDF seems to forget that directive.

Is Dollsbook a consumer forum? Last time I checked, the answer is no. We are hobbyists or doll lovers, however you wanna fashion yourselves, who know the ins and outs of the business looking through a glass darkly. We admit we have no clue, and will never admit we do, to what goes on. Our admitted ignorance is what keeps us going. TDF wants to be the authority and suppress any conversation that goes against their cult-like whatever-it-is. They claim to have the answers… hmmm… does that remind you of what the Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Moonies, whatever do? 

For a while, for the eight short months I was a Mormon… this phrase was oft-repeated by others, in which I was expected to repeat like a trained parrot:

I know the Church of Jesus Christ is the true Church, Joseph Smith was a true prophet, I am glad that Joseph Smith restored the One True Church on Earth… these things I say in the name of the Heavenly Father… Amen

That gets annoying when I even typed that… so I know when I hear Mormon missionaries repeat that nauseating garbage, I wanna vomit in my mouth… and I know many others do.

But TDF does the same thing…

I know The Doll Forum is the authority on all things doll, David Hockey restored TDF to its original 2001 vision of being the site for doll owners and admirers, these things I say are the truth.

Okay, that was a half-baked attempt, but it’s basically a generalization of what TDF expects you to believe.

But I admit ignorance regarding some of the things I said. I am just reporting my observations and what I have been told, and some of the things I said has to be redacted and/or the identity of the person(s) who told me has to be held in confidence because some of them are still TDF admins but have to remain “loyal” to the leader for fear of retaliation. They are looking for their golden ticket to give Hockey and Nescio the middle finger… but how they would execute such a maneuver is still being contemplated. The PM I posted from TDF above was my digital middle finger.

Power is a crazy thing. When in the hands of certain people, it can corrupt. But when handled reasonably in the hands of certain people… it can actually do miraculous things. It just depends on how your constitution (Dungeons & Dragons terminology) makes it usable.

It’s complicated, I must admit. I’m gonna stop here for a while. Thanks RGC for posting this… and we won’t delete or lock this thread… unless things get too way outta hand. But I don’t foresee that happening yet. But I need a break. I’ve been sitting at my computer for quite a few hours and I need to start getting ready for @rainking to help me move to my new apartment this weekend, and I gotta get things in order.

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 139
    @ki5jyd

Okay, I had got off the phone with @dbevadmin about 20 minutes ago… and she said that somehow (some TDF sheep was abusing the PM service of Dollsbook with me… Nescio of all people, I banned his ass, because he tried to test my patience), I want to say on behalf of Eva that keep posting your findings, as long as we back it up with any evidence. If it’s hearsay, say so.

But please keep it civil, fellas. TDF has us on their radar. Some people can’t handle the truth and will resort to tactics reminiscent of the Mafia to stoop so low to suppress it.

They just need to chill the fuck out.

Can’t we all just get a bong?

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Anonymous
    • Posts 37
    @

Okay, I had got off the phone with @dbevadmin about 20 minutes ago… and she said that somehow (some TDF sheep was abusing the PM service of Dollsbook with me… Nescio of all people, I banned his ass, because he tried to test my patience), I want to say on behalf of Eva that keep posting your findings, as long as we back it up with any evidence. If it’s hearsay, say so. But please keep it civil, fellas. TDF has us on their radar. Some people can’t handle the truth and will resort to tactics reminiscent of the Mafia to stoop so low to suppress it. They just need to chill the fuck out. Can’t we all just get a bong?

LOL

It’s ok. Defensive behavior is the infant stages of guilt admission. @ki5jyd

I have so many questions to ask the “established authorities” In fact, that is a question that needs to be answered with credentials presented. Who or what is the established authority? or recognized authority? Is it just the moderators that control what can and cannot be expressed on a doll public forum.?

Or is it some unbiased group that I can put forth my questions pertaining to my doll to determine whether it is fake and contains toxic substances with laboratory evidence?.

🙂

Who determines what is fake product and what is not? Is this the recognized authority? And can they give me a paper copy statement to aid in contacting my seller to get my money back if product is determined to be fake?

How is the recognized/established authority paid? Is it self funded? Donations? Tax payers? 🙂

Who do they represent as a whole?

This last question is the Big Kahuna of questions.

In watching behaviors of the self appointed authorities I think I know the answer.

Unbiased means:   Free from all prejudice and favoritism.

How can we trust the established or recognized authorities will be unbiased?  🙂

I’m just having some fun with rule TDF #10 a little bit. It’s unlikely the established authority can answer these questions in an unbiased nature 🙂

In the courts of law, a judge is expected to be unbiased. He/She is the authority in the case presented. And has credentials.

He/She is the recognized authority. However, this judge is on the side of the law and may not be completely unbiased.

In the case of business there is bias. “My company makes better stuff then yours”  It is a biased statement rather than fact. Let the evidence decide if in fact your company does make better stuff. By letting the customer say what is good and what is not so good about this company’s stuff. It’s all stuff 🙂 It gets pretty stuffy on TDF sometimes with all the stuffed shirts LOL

But if a consumer is not permitted to express anything against a vendor/product, how will others know how well or how poor this company’s stuff is? As long as the consumers or trusted servants have the evidence backing up any negative claims. An established authority is like this judge. Especially if they have financial gain from their favoritism.  Judges favor the law. He/She is paid to uphold laws. And issue punishment for unfavorable behavior by those who don’t follow the rules established authorities create.

They have proof on paper of their establishment 🙂 It holds more water, than verbal proclamation of being an authority.

But the “established authority” will allow consumers to criticize Ebay, Amazon, Alibaba products without restraint.  Because these sellers are not part of their clique.

Therefore, they have no authority over anything when it comes to the doll industry. The only authority they can possess is what can and cannot be shared in their little world called “The Doll Forum”.

You can do it your own way, if it’s done just how I say 🙂 ROFL

Anonymous
    • Posts 37
    @

And to describe TDF in song I will post this… Eye of The Beholder – Metallica. It puts perspective to it 🙂   “Truth to you, are Lies to me” 🙂

Or even better… “Who decides what you express?”

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 139
    @ki5jyd

@rgc-lulu… I modified this program from a CoCo magazine…

I think you know the answer. If you want the program, let me know. Ya just need a Color Computer emulator (like MAME, https://mamedev.org or VCC, http://www.coco4.com/vcc/download.shtml. The former needs the ROMS… I can send those to you, but the latter is just install and run. Or a real one [with Extended Color BASIC]… the CoCo is popular in Canada as I learned real recently.)

The disk is loaded into Drive 0. Type RUN"DBQUIZ" and Enter (in MAME the double quotes are Shift-2, as it is on the real CoCo keyboard) I can do a cassette version easily… there are ways to load a cassette from a computer’s sound card. (But you need a special cable. The friendly people at Cloud-9 http://cloud9tech.com/ can help you obtain one), but will be easily loaded with just a CLOAD command.

I didn’t write the program in its entirety. The credit goes to Fred Scerbo, for the program. I just modified the DATA statements (lines 1000-5000), and others are free to add to it, just line 5000 MUST read:

5000 DATA END,"Dollsbook.com",END

But anyway… TDF just doesn’t know shit. And their “established authority” nonsense? Well, you just nailed it on the head. And not many courts will accept their statements unless they have the proof of it. And where is that proof? They can’t provide any. Judge will laugh David Hockey outta court. The only credential he can validly furnish is his film making career… which is easily searchable on the Internet.

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Don Delano- Mon Amour Toujours
    Participant
    • Posts 38
    @MonAmourToujours

Okay so my name has been popping up on this thread quite a bit. I finally have some time to touch on some of the mentions:

Indigo– I am good friends with Indigo as well as have a business relationship with him. Yes, he may be a little overboard in his explanations sometimes but I stand by him and his products. Indigo has strict privacy policies with his customers which I respect. When he and I discuss stain removal, TPE “glue”, oiling TPE, TPE properties and all other related TPE subjects he provides me with photos and sufficient information so I have a complete understanding of TPE and how it reacts to certain chemicals and compounds. The information that he shares with me is exclusive to me only, Indigo trusts me implicitly he knows that I will not abuse his trust  and knows I will comprehend the information he gives me. This being said, I have used his products and believe them to be the best for TPE care and repair. I base this on my experience with other products compared to II’s. I don’t care if people want to experiment with their investment but they should be aware there are risks involved by doing so. Indigo is passionate about making sure people take proper care of their ladies, please do not mistake his passion and care as a sales tactic, the same applies to me.

Other Big Board Vendors– It’s important to keep in mind you are just seeing the tip of the iceberg here. There’s a lot going on behind the scenes that you are unaware of. Any vendor’s behavior which is inappropriate will soon catch up with them.

WM and WM Fakes– Many people thought I was selling fake WM’s because my prices were too low. Shortly after becoming a TDF approved vendor Sam of WM contacted me and told me to raise my prices. In order to keep the peace I acquiesced to his request. It doesn’t matter who the vendor buys their WM dolls from but it is important to know the source of those dolls. I am confident on who I source my WM dolls from and have no doubt I provide authentic WM dolls to my customers. This also applies to other doll brands as well. As mentioned above I buy my JY dolls directly from one of the factory owners. Other vendors go through outside sales reps who may not use reliable sources to obtain authentic JY dolls, this includes TDF approved vendors.

Forums– My participation on the forums, including db, is minimal. The reason for this is I have a business to run. I wish I had lots of time to post things, share stories and comment more, maybe it would help with sales, IDK. I have so many other doll related things going on forum participation is often not taken into consideration as there are no deadlines or demands with contributing to them. No matter which forum it is, I believe they are all important and serve a purpose, each one is different, that’s the bottom line. You’ll find things you like and don’t like on each one. It’s great to have an outlet to get things off of your chest but at the end of the day what has been resolved by pointing out what you don’t like about another forum, it’s content or it’s members? I have a saying that I hold close to my heart, ” What someone says, no matter how loving or unkind is a reflection of them and not of you”. This goes both ways.

I appreciate everyone’s support. It means a lot to me that I have made so many great friends in the doll community. I know in my heart that I am doing what is right, it may not be the best sales technique but I can sleep at night knowing that I helped people today and treated them with kindness, compassion and honesty and will continue to do so.

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 139
    @ki5jyd

Thank you Don @monamourtoujours for chipping in with your perspective on things.

So, please, @rgc-lulu… Cool it. Don said his piece and I agree with pretty much everything he said. I’m not pulling a Nescio here, it’s that @rainking, @dbevadmin and I have to give Don here his side, too, and any inflammatory posts might result in some of your posting privileges being reduced.

Yes, I have to leverage my administrative muscle here, and only when it’s needed. You have been pretty vocal here, RGC, but let bygones be bygones. Don said what he needs to say. And I appreciate his input. I believe Eva will agree.

Stop with the attacks on anyone, regardless of where it’s posted, or this post will be put in Z Archives with two clicks of a mouse.

(And the other one you started, too, RGC.)

It’s not that I became soft, it’s that I respect Don and if given another chance, I WILL buy from him AGAIN. He did me right twice. I know for certain he will do it again.

These baseless accusations just needs to stop. I don’t like TDF as much as some of us do here, but, can’t we all just get a bong? Seriously, fellas! Chill out! Or some members are gonna get a time out!

Really, thanks Don @monamourtoujours for your input and keep doing what you do: make people like me, @daphnetilbrook, @rainking and @dbevadmin happy.

And @rgc-lulu… This is your only warning.

Chocolatey 0.10.15

Alexa Tilbrook W9JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 139
    @ki5jyd

I will say one more thing…

I will admit that I gone a bit overboard… but sometimes I have to scale back a bit, step back and look at the bigger picture. As an admin of Dollsbook too, I have to remain neutral and not take sides. I regret what I had said, but I’m not gonna edit them.

It’s just gone too out of hand here. RGC’s inflammatory posts have pretty much turned into a witch hunt. We don’t need that.

I get it. Jeff has got all of us worked up. But I am pleased that Don of Mon Amour Toujours has gave his side and I appreciate it.

So, therefore, this thread is closed and will be reviewed by @dbevadmin and myself to determine its future.

Keep makin’  Dollsbook great. Just put down the fuckin’ pitchfork.

Chocolatey 0.10.15

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.