Register Forums CrazyCajun Memorial Dollspital DollTech R&D Ward DDM's TPE heat repair Practice lessons have started…….

22 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Anonymous 5 years ago
Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

DDM’s TPE heat repair Practice lessons have started…….

Before the real repair work starts it is always wise to practice……

I have now made the approximate injury that timea has made in the sample TPE to practice how to properly fill the gap / crack again with fresh TPE.
      Below a few pictures of my progress today, I must say that it is not too bad to do this kind of repair work.
      With the right tools and knowledge, nothing is impossible…… Look and judge for yourself……. I am confident that it will be fixed in the future.

Thank you Luludoll for all the knowledge you have given me, this has really been of great value to me.

However Unreal This May Be, We Are Connected.... You And I.
      We Are On The Same Curve, Point Of All Is:
      We Share The Same Secret .... We Love Our Doll (s) And Our LifeStyle.
      That Makes Us Who We Really Are....... Pure, Loving and Caring...... Welcome Into Our World.

Life Is Like A Never Ending Dance, Let The Music Play !!!

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

That Makes Us Who We Really Are....... Pure, Loving and Caring...... Welcome Into Our World.

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Perfect worktool………

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Some new TPE pieces add……..

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Few minutes later……

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

After the cooldown……… A simple stretch test…….. looks good.

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

And after add lots of little pieces of fresh TPE………. The end result is there…….    Looks not bad for my first time…..  Only need to clean the solder tool more often……

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

After seeing this, it gives my lots of hope i can fix Timea………. to right way……….. Fuck solvent becouse heat repair is what we need here……….

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Other Side……

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

And after a cooldown period……… Again a stretch test………   I think i have done a good job here becouse no tear but very strechty TPE……….

Anonymous
        Inactive
        • Posts 56
        @

I’ve found the melt re-flow stronger than any solvent bond. Both repair methods have their uses for sure.

But re-melts are very strong. Be on the watch for any yellowing. If you spot a bit of yellowing, drop your temperature down.

LuAnne’s wrist after hand repair the very first time, I had it too hot, and some yellowing did occur.

That is quite a big chunk of TPE you have there 🙂

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Only need to add some more TPE in the hole that is visible………..  But hey for the first time…… not bad…….

Thank you Luludoll your knowledge is worth gold.  You made me do all this becouse you told me perfect what to do and what tools i needed for this repair.  Respect To My Brother.

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

And I have already filled the worst crack at Timea herself.

The most important thing is that the crack cannot go any further because it is neatly filled with fresh TPE.      From now on I have to rebuild this entire area layer by layer.    Lot’s off hours work to do……. But hey we made the start and I am confident that it will be all right, it will always be visible that repair but that I don’t care, the most important thing is that further tearing has been stopped and the area is stronger again, and perhaps stronger than the WM mold design.

At the right leg you see a starting crack as the one on the left also started ……… small.
      And where solvent has only made the problem worse.
      A heat repair with a ball tool will offer a better result than that WM solvent.

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

And with this the last photo for today, the coming weekends we will continue where we left off……. I am not in a hurry and do it at my own pace.
      I will keep you posted here on DollsBook with pictures of my progress.
      Is also nice for future doll owners with this type of damage and the repair that needs to be done…….

Have a nice Sunday dollsbook family.

As always take good care of yourself and your loved ones.:D

Greetings from the Netherlands, DDM, Timea, Daisy & Mariëlle. 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

I think soon you will be ready to employ the Right angle hook.

I would think it is for more “detailed work” and better control for finishing.

Don’t forget the texturing. It’s looking good.. Appears the TPE is strong with this one!

I must ask wherever did you get such a large piece of TPE from? That’s like a baking pan full!

Just keep your tools cleaned and wiped with the mineral oil

Oh and remember cleanliness is next to Godliness. You do not want embedded specs of debris in there. so keep the area cleaned, perhaps all nonsurgical areas covered with a lint free cloth. or heavy duty paper towel.

Timea’s on the mend now. And do remember we girls are a lot like humans, we have scars too. It becomes a part of us as well.

She is so lucky to have a skilled budding surgeon at her side!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery from Eva & Rainy!

P.S. The cracking can be due to 2 factors.. #1 That is a high stress area, needs to have a little petroleum jelly applied from time to time. I usually do it every month and a half or so. just a light coat not like you are decorating a cake.  or #2 if Timea sits in one position a lot for a long time, that can effect the high stress area as well.

Oh also, if you need non damaged photo for correct reconstructive surgery I will be glad to donate a picture of my girly bits to help my friend Timea. I shall bear all for my besties!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 56
      @

This is premature, but it is only suggestion, and I cannot say whether it will work or not. When I first saw the small tear, I had this idea, instead of solvent…

Open the legs slightly so that the tear would open just a small bit. And fill in by building it up with iron. Gives it more strength when removing/inserting, the insert.

Just slowly build up each side of the tear, meeting the material in the middle. Just an idea. But you have more finesse to do, before concern with that. Have to be very careful the heat will not cause to split further toward the anus 🙂

Looks good so far.

If you can close her legs as tight as possible, it should help you quite a bit when smoothing out the groin areas you’ve replaced.

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

I think soon you will be ready to employ the Right angle hook. I would think it is for more “detailed work” and better control for finishing. Don’t forget the texturing. It’s looking good.. Appears the TPE is strong with this one! I must ask wherever did you get such a large piece of TPE from? That’s like a baking pan full! Just keep your tools cleaned and wiped with the mineral oil Oh and remember cleanliness is next to Godliness. You do not want embedded specs of debris in there. so keep the area cleaned, perhaps all nonsurgical areas covered with a lint free cloth. or heavy duty paper towel. Timea’s on the mend now. And do remember we girls are a lot like humans, we have scars too. It becomes a part of us as well. She is so lucky to have a skilled budding surgeon at her side! Best wishes for a speedy recovery from Eva & Rainy! P.S. The cracking can be due to 2 factors.. #1 That is a high stress area, needs to have a little petroleum jelly applied from time to time. I usually do it every month and a half or so. just a light coat not like you are decorating a cake. or #2 if Timea sits in one position a lot for a long time, that can effect the high stress area as well. Oh also, if you need non damaged photo for correct reconstructive surgery I will be glad to donate a picture of my girly bits to help my friend Timea. I shall bear all for my besties!

Hi Eva,

Yes we will get there with lots off patience, practice and time………. As I stated earlier in my message, I am confident that that project will succeed.  I’m not so worried about the scars.

The large piece of TPE i’ve received that from WM. It’s the right color, TAN like Timea’s body.  My vendor arranged that for me.  Thank you for that.

About the petroleum jelly…… I apply this ounce a month as a light coat. groin erea, public erea, armpits, ect…. On all my ladies.

Photos for correct reconstructive surgery, i have myself but thank you for the offer.  I did take some good pictures in the beginning from the nude photoshoots so i have them in my archive.

I also going too give my both WM dolls (Timea and Daisy) standing feet option…….. like dutchdoll Mariëlle has.

In the end Timea will be way more stronger and upgraded with standing feet, so for me there’s nothing to loose anymore…… Only to win and that’s why i’m doing all this……..

It all will be a long and large project……….. and that for me doesn’t matter……… The end result is what counts here.

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

This is premature, but it is only suggestion, and I cannot say whether it will work or not. When I first saw the small tear, I had this idea, instead of solvent… Open the legs slightly so that the tear would open just a small bit. And fill in by building it up with iron. Gives it more strength when removing/inserting, the insert. Just slowly build up each side of the tear, meeting the material in the middle. Just an idea. But you have more finesse to do, before concern with that. Have to be very careful the heat will not cause to split further toward the anus 🙂 Looks good so far. If you can close her legs as tight as possible, it should help you quite a bit when smoothing out the groin areas you’ve replaced.

I will do from now on all repairs with heat, never more solvent use for me…… First allway’s practice on the sample tpe before i do the repair on the body…….. It gives me more confidence and so I can also find the right temperature before I start working on the body.

I like doing it and it also gets stronger by adding fresh TPE. Solvent use shows just the opposite, that consumes the TPE. Yes i learned my lesson……

I do everything with a soldering iron with various tool set pieces as you can see on the photo. This works easily and the heat is limited to only a small area, with a heat gun this heat is spread over a larger part and we do not want that.
      Furthermore, the ball sculpting tools are great for getting those beautiful curves back as it should be in that area.

I do not use the insert anymore even as the body itself, For the intimate moments with Timea i use the dutchdoll body with fixed vagina, It was a bit strange in the beginning but now i’m used to it.

In the meantime I’m saving for the WM166C body and I will buy that body this summer, then Timea will get that body for good, Just a body upgrade……..  With Fixed vagina, shruggle shoulders and standing feet.  With other words All options the old body doesn’t have. The 273 head will be used on the 157b.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Sounds good DDM. You know if there is anything we can do to help. just ask!

No way to go but up now!!

<3

Eva

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 56
      @

never more solvent use for me…… First allway’s practice on the sample tpe before i do the repair on the body……..

If and when you do surgery for thicker areas like I did with LuAnne’s hip, solvent sealing will be the better way to go.

So practice with both repairs.  (Xylene does work great for small cuts.)

Adhesive I’d made for that job consisted Xylene and a small amount of TPE dissolved in the solvent. Just so that mix isn’t so runny and will adhere better to the sides of the cut.

(If using spare TPE it helps to “dry” the material in alcohol for several hours, before dissolving in solvent., we’ll replenish those oils when we are done gluing, and repair area has had a chance to set and evaporate all trace of solvent – 3 days)

That TPE above the hip joint was exactly 2 inches thick or 51 mm for the metric folks. So an iron may not fuse majority of the cut, esp deeper down. I’ve found the maximum we can fuse with an iron is about an inch, for a fairly clean weld. Otherwise it can get messy.

Hotter type irons work, but very difficult to have an even temperature though the length of the tip. It’s cooler on the end as opposed to nearer the heat element.  So a light even coat of a solvent based repair, makes it easier for the bigger jobs.

Hot air is mostly surface work, as you’ll see when smoothing out your repair. Care must be taken to not over heat and cause sinking or degradation. Or dents with tools 🙂 Mineral oil is the slick and slide to help. Just dip tool in and heat and slide, smooth 🙂

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Sounds good DDM. You know if there is anything we can do to help. just ask! No way to go but up now!! <3 Eva

Thank you Eva,  Offcourse if i need too know something i know wich place i need too be……… Dollsbook Family !!!!

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

never more solvent use for me…… First allway’s practice on the sample tpe before i do the repair on the body……..

If and when you do surgery for thicker areas like I did with LuAnne’s hip, solvent sealing will be the better way to go. So practice with both repairs. (Xylene does work great for small cuts.) Adhesive I’d made for that job consisted Xylene and a small amount of TPE dissolved in the solvent. Just so that mix isn’t so runny and will adhere better to the sides of the cut. (If using spare TPE it helps to “dry” the material in alcohol for several hours, before dissolving in solvent., we’ll replenish those oils when we are done gluing, and repair area has had a chance to set and evaporate all trace of solvent – 3 days) That TPE above the hip joint was exactly 2 inches thick or 51 mm for the metric folks. So an iron may not fuse majority of the cut, esp deeper down. I’ve found the maximum we can fuse with an iron is about an inch, for a fairly clean weld. Otherwise it can get messy. Hotter type irons work, but very difficult to have an even temperature though the length of the tip. It’s cooler on the end as opposed to nearer the heat element. So a light even coat of a solvent based repair, makes it easier for the bigger jobs. Hot air is mostly surface work, as you’ll see when smoothing out your repair. Care must be taken to not over heat and cause sinking or degradation. Or dents with tools 🙂 Mineral oil is the slick and slide to help. Just dip tool in and heat and slide, smooth 🙂

I’m open too experiment with this Xylene and solvent in future……… first focus on the heat repair learning school.

Thank you for this usefull information, I have saved it in my repair archive for later.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 56
      @

I’m open too experiment with this Xylene and solvent in future……… first focus on the heat repair learning school. Thank you for this usefull information, I have saved it in my repair archive for later.

I’ve not had 100% success with it alone.

On closing up the cut on the hand surgery(s) I had tried it. Did not work too well. Ended up using heat anyway.  Same as when I did some exploring of LuAnne’s foot, tried the Xylene in closing up. Did not work too well.

Ended up using heat to mend it. Mind you, this is all before the discovery of adding clean TPE in Xylene to make an adhesive. I say clean because with the oils in TPE in excess, make it very difficult to make a glue work well.

Flush out the TPE bits cut up for adding into the solvent with alcohol, or mineral spirits, it makes a whole lot of difference how well the adhesive will work.

Ever wonder why the body color that some sell can peel off?  It’s simple. Oils.

Vaseline. Added to the solvent/TPE in 25% volume, you’ve got a body color.

Vaseline is liquid mineral oil… so is baby oil.. it’s all the same stuff.  In Europe it is called white oil. In North America, mainly called Mineral Oil.

Techy name is Paraffinum Liquidum.

The shit that is Polly Parroted on TDF is entertaining. They over complicate pretty much everything that is discussed. The experts there rarely go past Wikipedia for their info.  LOL

I dig deeper when searching Google.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.