Register Forums Announcements (dollsbook Crier) The First DollsBook Discord Slumber Party!

16 replies, 7 voices Last updated by (Mayor) Julia Jameson 5 years ago
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

I would like to announce the first DollsBook Discord slumber party. All members are invited but the Dolls should stay in character. It will be held on Friday, April 12th 2019 starting at 9 pm Central standard time. I know this might make it hard on some of our European members so if there is a better time that we could start for you to join in let me know and we can maybe compromise some. I want to have a theme that we can all participate in just for fun and for this first ever sleepover the theme will be sleepwear. Get all the dollies decked out in their favorite sleepwear and take some new photos to share with everyone. It is not mandatory to do this at all it is just something to get the party started. You can find the info on the DollsBook Discord server in a topic in this forum. Follow the link and either log in or create your Discord membership to join in the fun. Basically it is just an opportunity for as many members as would like to participate in a big live chat session on Discord and tell jokes, play games, share pics or videos or whatever. We did some of these on the other place (TDF) and as Alexa @ki5jyd  mentioned it was kind of difficult to keep up due to the limitations of their site. The Dollsbook Discord server is the perfect place to meet up and chat as a group and is being under used at this time. If anyone has any suggestions of games or activities we can try or on anything else please send me a PM. Reply here if you are interested in doing this and I hope to see you all there.

"Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions." unknown

The unofficial Mayor of the Dollyverse always "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

One week from tonight! I am going to ask Eva to send out a blanket PM just to make sure everyone at least hears about it even if you can’t participate. We are going to try to all be live on Discord at the same time and just chat and share and have some fun on a Friday night. Hope to see you all there!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 22
      @

I plan on attending with Doc and Larry, however, I only have 1 discord account, but I will make sure that when Doc and Larry are talking that it is known that it is them and not me.  🙂  Thank you for the invite;  I am putting it in my calendar!  See y’all there!

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

There are four of us here but since Gabby is still a little shaky with her English I will be helping her and explaining stuff to her on one screen and Tracie will be on another while Donny uses the tablet. It might get a tad confusing but we will manage.

Tracie Marie
      Participant
      • Posts 21
      @TracieMarie

Guess I better get me a Discord account set up so I can join in this big shindig, or is it more of a hootenanny?

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

I plan on attending with Doc and Larry, however, I only have 1 discord account, but I will make sure that when Doc and Larry are talking that it is known that it is them and not me. 🙂 Thank you for the invite; I am putting it in my calendar! See y’all there!

It’s all good Alex,  Here’s how i do it!  before Doc or Larry speaks you can do this.. I encourage all shared accounts to do this..

Discord supports markdown language.. so u can put asterisks at the front and end of a sentence and it will make it italic

Example

RainKing:  Hey everyone Eva and I are here!!

dber#1: Hey whats up?

RainKing: Nothing much! We are just sitting here looking for me some clothes! <–Eva speaking. open with * close with * no spaces *Nothing much, just sitting here looking for me some clothes!* is what it looks like in the text entry box.

dber#2: Oh cool!!

Does not have to used when doll has an account. if you have more than one, then you can put after the *Hey Doc here, I saw this cool video the other day* etc.

Hope that helps!

Anonymous
        Inactive
        • Posts 22
        @

Thank you!  Yes, I think I will do that, but also will do it like this *Doc: (insert text here)* and *Larry: (insert text here)* so that I don’t confuse anyone even if they are speaking in the italics.  I learned something new today!  I always love learning new things!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Oh @TracieMarie cool video find!! hee hee they were cutting the rug there!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Thank you! Yes, I think I will do that, but also will do it like this *Doc: (insert text here)* and *Larry: (insert text here)* so that I don’t confuse anyone even if they are speaking in the italics. I learned something new today! I always love learning new things!

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Julia is very excited about the upcoming party. She has been putting together all kinds of fun things to get everyone involved with. I still need to figure out the logistics of all four of us participating. We might go with what Alex @Docsgirl82 and Eva @dbevadmin suggested or maybe just add one more discord account for Tracie and myself. When we did this on TDF  I managed to actually get four separate screens going at the same time and at one point even Anna Belle made an appearance.

"A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man" Ulysses Everett McGill
      That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Donnie, The easy way is to use the discord app if it still works with XP. Or open discord site it in IE and Firefox… u can do 2 accounts at once.

I would like to ask everyone here to please be sure and RSVP, also please set up your discord and if you use a different name in Discord, please go in main room and let me know who you are so Rainy can set u up as a dber.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 30
      @

🙁 Marianne will be absent and I. She will work 12h this Friday and at that moment, we will be in deep sleep togeter to prepare for another 12h shift Saturday 😛 Sorry Julia <3

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

So sorry to hear that Mr Vitalic @MrVitalic and Marianne are not going to be able to attend. No Worries though as we will make this a more regular thing in the future. We set up accounts for Donny @DKeydick and Tracie @TracieMarie this past Saturday and ended up having a nice little discord chat with Eva @dbevadmin and Rainking @rainking and even Chloe @swamprincess popped in to say hello. We met some other discord members that are not (yet) DollsBook members that also have dolls. It was a good test for next Friday and we had a lot of fun. I would suggest not waiting till the last minute to make sure your discord account is in good standing and everything is working for you. Eva set up a special Party Room for us all to use and I think she put up a set of guidelines for how we can interact especially those with multiple users on one discord account. If any one has any problems or questions just let me know and we will help get it straightened out for you.

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

The big slumber party is TOMORROW night so dress up in your favorite sleepwear, go to the DollsBook Discord Server ( https://dollsbook.com/forums/topic/announcing-dollsbook-discord-server ) and look for the slumber party room that Eva @dbevadmin set up for us. I will be there promptly at 9 pm Central standard time and won’t be leaving until there is nobody left to chat with. Setting up a discord account and participating is super easy but if you have ANY questions we will gladly help out. Hope to see you there

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 22
      @

Doc, Larry and I may be there, however, I have been really sick for the past 2 days so I hope I can stay up to attend.

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Isabella and I have a real meeting tomorrow.

2 Dutch doll lovers gonna see each other in real live… Looking forward to it…….

Any off you had a real life meeting with another member / friend ??

As always take good care of yourself and your loved ones.:D

Greetings from the Netherlands, DDM, Timea, Daisy & Mariëlle. 🙂

However Unreal This May Be, We Are Connected.... You And I.
      We Are On The Same Curve, Point Of All Is:
      We Share The Same Secret .... We Love Our Doll (s) And Our LifeStyle.
      That Makes Us Who We Really Are....... Pure, Loving and Caring...... Welcome Into Our World.

Life Is Like A Never Ending Dance, Let The Music Play !!!

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

That is so cool DDM, I hope you and Isabella have a great time. We have not had the chance yet to actually meet up with any other members but it is in the works to do so. We are lucky to have some others in our general part of the country so it would not be impossible to meet up.

The first ever slumber party last night was a total success and loads of fun. We haven’t laughed that much in ages. Thanks so much to those who were able to attend and we are hoping to start doing this once a month or so. It would be cool to try and time one of these when some of our European friends could join in too. Hey if we can get up at all hours of the night to watch live coverage of the Formula 1 races we could surely do so to accommodate our friends around the world I think.

Alexa @ki5jyd is going to host the next one and anyone that wants too can feel free to host one whenever they want. The Discord party room is open for all to use.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.