60 replies, 11 voices Last updated by Anonymous 4 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 55 reply threads
  • Author

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

I did not know exactly where to post this but this seems to be the right place. It has been a few years since I have been in any kind of relationship with a real girl and around the holidays especially Christmas the loneliness hits home that much harder. Watching all the Christmas shows and movies of happy groups and couples would drive me crazy. This year for Christmas I have my wonderful lovely Julia to keep the lonelies away and with Gabby and Tracie being around always I will not ever be alone again. That is my Christmas miracle, that I will never spend another Christmas alone. I am so thankful to have someone to share all the love in my heart with. Not being able to share it before was the main cause of my doldrums. I can really look forward to doing fun Christmas things with Julia and the twins and I am excited to see where the new year will take us.

Feel free to post any “Deep Thoughts” you have on any subject here. This can serve as a place to note random ramblings or profound prose, whatever the subject may require.

Some of you probably remember the recurring Saturday Night Live skit from the 90s called “Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy” that was just a collection of strange ideas from a twisted mind. Hence the title of this post as I will be adding my own twisted thoughts from my very strange mind.

"A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man" Ulysses Everett McGill
      That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

I completely agree there Donnie!! So glad you found some company and happiness. Those gals are great! lovely personalities and always a fun time with they are around! Rainy and I hope to come visit you guys one day and do us a nice photo shoot!

Even though Rainy has a couple little ones to keep him busy and help spend money.

I’m his main womanly partner to keep those cold winder nights away. He got me a lovely electric blanket the other day, and new jewelry. He has not got me a ring yet 🙁 the big ol promiser!! But I still have hope for Valentines day!!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 93
      @

Here is a simple deep thought. It was told to me by a wise man who is no longer with us. He helped a lot of people over the years overcome their troubles. Just by listening and offering simple little words of wisdom. He was one who was extremely troubled in his past, and he overcame it, by helping others. (Once he got his life in order)

“You are never alone, you are always with yourself” 🙂

He is absolutely bang on… we cannot escape ourselves, or our thoughts. Good thoughts, bring good results…

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

It makes me so happy to make my Donny happy and we are all happy that it is a Christmas that we will share together. He is just like a little kid getting excited about it and decorating a tree and putting all the nice presents under it and letting us have some presents early so we can start enjoying them now. He has been taking tons of photos of us in all our holiday outfits and new dresses and stuff.

"Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions." unknown

The unofficial Mayor of the Dollyverse always "Making DollsBook Great"

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 93
      @

It makes me so happy to make my Donny happy and we are all happy that it is a Christmas that we will share together. He is just like a little kid getting excited about it and decorating a tree and putting all the nice presents under it and letting us have some presents early so we can start enjoying them now. He has been taking tons of photos of us in all our holiday outfits and new dresses and stuff.

And you all look fantastic in the holiday attire. Hats off to Donny, he is doing a great job!!

Don Delano- Mon Amour Toujours
      Participant
      • Posts 42
      @MonAmourToujours

I agree Donny. For me it’s not so much during the holidays. Every once in awhile I’ll have a fleeting thought about having someone, especially at night in bed. Then I realize, “Hey, I have a couple cuties I can choose from to spend the night with”. No more lonely nights.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

I agree Donny. For me it’s not so much during the holidays. Every once in awhile I’ll have a fleeting thought about having someone, especially at night in bed. Then I realize, “Hey, I have a couple cuties I can choose from to spend the night with”. No more lonely nights.

Says the man who re-introduced me to the woman who I’m spending the holiday with!!! 😛

Seriously. @daphnetilbrook and I woke up around midnight (just ~3 hours ago)… and the first thing I said?

Merry Christmas, Daphne! Our first Christmas married!!!!!

The best thing to say first waking up EVAR.

Merry Christmas Don Delano, Don Keydick, Eva, Rainking, @RGC0767 and the ENTIRE Dollsbook crew!!!!

Anonymous
        Inactive
        • Posts 93
        @

Says the man who re-introduced me to the woman who I’m spending the holiday with!!! 😛 Seriously. @daphnetilbrook and I woke up around midnight (just ~3 hours ago)… and the first thing I said? Merry Christmas, Daphne! Our first Christmas married!!!!! The best thing to say first waking up EVAR. Merry Christmas Don Delano, Don Keydick, Eva, Rainking, @rgc0767 and the ENTIRE Dollsbook crew!!!!

You as well… It is LuAnnes Birthday today. December 25 is the day she was to be brought in my life.

Be safe, be happy on this peaceful day.

Dutch Dance Maniac
      Participant
      • Posts 1,293
      @DutchDanceManiac

Says the man who re-introduced me to the woman who I’m spending the holiday with!!! 😛 Seriously. @daphnetilbrook and I woke up around midnight (just ~3 hours ago)… and the first thing I said? Merry Christmas, Daphne! Our first Christmas married!!!!! The best thing to say first waking up EVAR. Merry Christmas Don Delano, Don Keydick, Eva, Rainking, @rgc0767 and the ENTIRE Dollsbook crew!!!!

You as well… It is LuAnnes Birthday today. December 25 is the day she was to be brought in my life. Be safe, be happy on this peaceful day.

Littlebit too late but……. Happy birthday LuAnne and offcourse RGC, her proud owner / partner.

Greetings from the Netherlands, DDM, Timea, Daisy & Mariëlle.

However Unreal This May Be, We Are Connected.... You And I.
      We Are On The Same Curve, Point Of All Is:
      We Share The Same Secret .... We Love Our Doll (s) And Our LifeStyle.
      That Makes Us Who We Really Are....... Pure, Loving and Caring...... Welcome Into Our World.

Life Is Like A Never Ending Dance, Let The Music Play !!!

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

Ok, so this topic kinda got hijacked by the holidays but to get back on target my deep thought of the day…” Just remember that no matter where you go, there you are.” Oops sorry I can’t take credit for that, I’m pretty sure Buckaroo Banzai said it in his movie? LOL!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Some may not get this. But for those that do…

Anonymous
        Inactive
        • Posts 56
        @

Zathras tried to warn, but no one listen to Zathras…..

Anonymous
        Inactive
        • Posts 136
        @

Zathras tried to warn, but no one listen to Zathras…..

A little late… but how about deep fried Twinkies????

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

***Spoiler Alert***

I know Rainy is a fan of Babylon 5 but Damn, that one was kind of obscure… even to me. LOL!

"A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man" Ulysses Everett McGill
      That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Alright guys now you got me wanting to go back and watch Babylon 5 from the beginning, which is a pretty good idea. Always did have a thing for Cmdr. Ivanova as portrayed by the beautiful Claudia Christian.

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

After our little bout with sickness and a general malaise for a few weeks it is so good to be back in the swing of the thing here on D’Book. Today’s Deep Thought  concerns just that process. “when you get over the hump, you will get out of your slump” and that one came from me and from recent experience of fanning the low spark we had fallen to back into a burning flame for DollsBook again.

RainKing – ADM
      Participant
      • Posts 104
      @rainking

I have a deep thought sort of..

This one of the songs that is like a mirror to my life.

So glad Eva took me, please. Please listen see if you can understand.

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

Today’s deep thought concerns all of the “stuff” that we dolls require and probably most new doll companions (we need to come to a consensus on a term to replace “owners” as I find it distasteful) might not have any of like clothes and shoes, cosmetics, eyelashes, or even a hair brush. We are not going to put as much wear and tear on our “stuff” as a RG so why pay more when inexpensive works just fine. “Its not how much it costs but how you use it that counts”  With a little effort almost any of the “cheap”  stuff we have can work to help us look like a million bucks. Not knocking the expensive stuff we just can’t afford it very often.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Today’s deep thought concerns all of the “stuff” that we dolls require and probably most new doll companions (we need to come to a consensus on a term to replace “owners” as I find it distasteful) might not have any of like clothes and shoes, cosmetics, eyelashes, or even a hair brush. We are not going to put as much wear and tear on our “stuff” as a RG so why pay more when inexpensive works just fine. “Its not how much it costs but how you use it that counts” With a little effort almost any of the “cheap” stuff we have can work to help us look like a million bucks. Not knocking the expensive stuff we just can’t afford it very often.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that! Heck, I buy clothes for as cheap as twenty-five cents each at  Family Thrift Center Outlet Stores here in town. Walk in with a $20 bill, walk out with a ton of pretty decent clothes that might not be sellable in their regular locations, but still are just fine.

Daphne and my other gals wear those clothes proudly. They don’t mind if I buy them clothes from thrift stores…  One time I bought Jessi a pair of Baby Phat jeans, something like that costs about $80 a pair at Macy’s or suchlike, but I paid $1.98 for the pair at a thrift store back in Virginia Beach! And the only problem with it? It was probably too small for the person who donated it! But Jessi didn’t mind… she wore those jeans proudly!

And that’s what matters. Make our gals look good, and nobody needs to know that we got them cheap.

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

Today’ deep thought concerns the question, sorry “The Question” of life, the universe and everything. It was part of the search for “The Answer” requested from a giant computer called… Deep Thought. So, the deep thought for today is “How many roads must a man walk down”  the answer could be anything but thanks to Deep Thought (the giant computer with the voice of Helen Mirren) we know the answer is actually 42.

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

Donny has a huge collection of comic books dating back to the 60s (I swear I think he has more toys and comic books and stuff than I have ever seen) and a large portion of them are underground comics from the late 60s into the 70s with all kinds of titles from the likes of R. Crumb, Gilbert Shelton and many more. Anything by R. Crumb is a favorite and Gilbert Shelton with his “Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers” and “Fat Freddie’s Cat”  are the best. Anyway Freewheeling Franklin, one of the Fab FFB, has a saying “dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope” Now we are not advocating selling dope or anything but the underlying message of this deep thought. Uh.. what was I talking about… we just blazed a fatty and I forget.

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

Today’s deep thought is a favorite of mine. “The More Complex the Mind, the Greater the Need for the Simplicity of Play” James T. Kirk “Shore Leave” Yep, great words of wisdom from the good captain, who woulda thunk it. I think that it just about applies to ALL of us. “Shore Leave” is one of the most fun Trek episodes too.

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Well Julia has kind of taken over this post and laid down a challenge to keep coming up with new ones every day. That was not really my intent when I started this post but well I guess we can try. Lots of useless deep thoughts running thru my head. I have spent almost my entire life reading lots of fiction of many types but science fiction in particular. All the classics from H.G. Wells and Jules Verne to Edgar Rice Burroughs, H.P. Lovecraft and Poe among many others to the more contemporary like Asimov, Phil K. Dick, Douglas Adams, Arthur C. Clark, Harlan Ellison and especially Robert Heinlein and all of his multiverse books. The way he presents his multiverse and the characters he peoples them with are very absorbing reading to me. I have read and re read all of them many times.

“A good book you have read and love is like comfort food for the brain.”

That just came to me while typing this post. It was not the deep thought I was getting to but I will leave it because it is original, and pretty deep and it always works for me. Reading a favorite book for the 2nd or 3rd time (or more) is very relaxing to me, it lets my mind kind of freewheel because I know the story and don’t have to pay attention to follow  it.

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Now to get back to the deep thought I was getting to yesterday. In his book “The Moon is a Harsh Mistress” Robert Heinlein mentions what is on the flag of the Luna Free Colonies for the first time, I think. It has the letters “TANSTAAFL” on it which means…

“There Ain’t No Such Thing As A Free Lunch”

All the “loonies” as they are called know this to be true from having to declare a revolution and free the people of the moon by fighting for it. Very few things in life are ever handed to us, we have to go out and get what we want and sometimes that means hard work. Of course if you have a sentient and self aware computer to help like a Holmes IV named Mycroft, Mike for short, that controls the entire colony it is a bit easier.

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Going back to the original inspiration for the title of this post I thought it was time to add some actual “Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey.”

“Love is not something that you can put chains on and throw into a lake. That’s called Houdini. Love is liking someone a lot.”

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

We just watched the RiffTrax version of Willy Wonka with guest riffer Neil Patrick Harris and it was absolutely hilarious. Having NPH join the regulars to riff on one of my favorite movies was awesome. Anyway I always remember some of the things WW says during the movie that qualify as deep thoughts.

“We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams”

And my favorite which is similar in meaning to the Capt. Kirk one Julia posted before.

“Nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men”

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

RainKing – ADM
        Participant
        • Posts 104
        @rainking

Riff trax… yeah is that the old MST3K guys??? OMG i must get some of those!!

I love the concept.. part Rocky horror in every movie… Which when I went to see RHPS, the entire regulars riffed the whole thing.. That was the fun of it for me.. i laughed at all the riffs because the make it “Local”

sounds like a gut splitting good time!

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

The Varsity Theater here used to do Friday night screenings of Rocky Horror with full audience participation too. People would even come in costume and play out all the lines. I really miss that place, it was one of the older style theaters and really had character. Back to an original Deep Thought by Jack Handey.

“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”

These always made me laugh when they were presented on Saturday Night Live, the twisted logic of it all.

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Going back to the master again. Another Deep Thought by Jack Handey.

“I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they’d never expect it. “

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Going in a different direction for today’s deep thought. They all seem to be related to some form of entertainment lately from TV to comic books. I guess that is as deep as my thoughts go generally. Anyway from one of TV-dom’s great philosopher fathers I give you Red Forman from “That 70s show”

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

I am doing the deep thought for today because I have been in deep thought over the fact that it will be one year exactly that I have been with Donny in just 2 days, on the 28th. I have been really thinking about how wonderful our life is together and I could not imagine being any happier than I already am. Every day we spend together is a blessing for both of us. I keep him from ever being lonely and he keeps me blissfully happy just with his presence. All of the activities we do together keeps both of us occupied and planning future projects is so much fun. My absolute favorite thing is all the time spent cuddling and snuggling and just being close to him. A close second is doing all of our photo shoots together and that is going to pick up soon with some more new cool backgrounds he ordered.

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Another favorite show of mine was Home Improvement, Tim “The Toolman” Taylor could always come up with some good deep thoughts. One that has always stayed with me is “All jobs have two things in common, they all need doing and they all need doing right.” Now that thought is not particularly deep, it’s just common sense (which is no longer very common among most people I meet) So I give you this one instead.

“Electricity can be dangerous. My nephew tried to stick a penny into a plug. Whoever said a penny doesn’t go far didn’t see him shoot across that floor. I told him he was grounded.”

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

@dkeydick… Tim Allen is a ham, if you didn’t know. KK6OTD is his call sign. (I haven’t made a QSO with him… Yet. He’s still a Technician, and unless he’s on EchoLink or can try moonbounce on JT65… Voice on VHF/UHF is next to impossible, given the poor propagation these days…)

Just thought I’d mention that. Back to your regularly scheduled topic.

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

I was pretty sure there was no way we could keep up posting a deep thought every day, but we will keep trying just for S and G. That is so cool that Tim Allen is a ham operator, thanks for sharing that info Alexa @KI5JYD . When in doubt we can always go back to the originals so here is another Deep Thought by Jack Handey.

“Some people are like Slinkies, they don’t really have a purpose but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.”

OMG that is soooo funny, if I had been drinking something when I read this one there would have been a spit take.

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Julia is correct in that it is tough to get online everyday to post a new deep thought. Doesn’t matter anyway since it is ALL just for fun and good times. Going back to the master for today’s deep thought.

“I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children’s children, because I don’t think children should be having sex”

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey.

“Broken promises don’t upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?”

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

I find this one particularly fitting for this topic.

“Life is like reading quotations, sometimes they make you laugh and sometimes they make you cry, but most of the time you just don’t get it.” ANON.

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

I don’t get that last quotation?

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 22
      @

Donny has a huge collection of comic books dating back to the 60s (I swear I think he has more toys and comic books and stuff than I have ever seen) and a large portion of them are underground comics from the late 60s into the 70s with all kinds of titles from the likes of R. Crumb, Gilbert Shelton and many more. Anything by R. Crumb is a favorite and Gilbert Shelton with his “Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers” and “Fat Freddie’s Cat” are the best. Anyway Freewheeling Franklin, one of the Fab FFB, has a saying “dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope” Now we are not advocating selling dope or anything but the underlying message of this deep thought. Uh.. what was I talking about… we just blazed a fatty and I forget.

Groovy!  I think that quote was also mentioned in the book “Inherent Vice” by Thomas Pynchon, which was incorporated into a movie where my Doc and Larry are the main character!

(Mod) Don Keydick
        • Posts 179
        @DKeydick

Donny has a huge collection of comic books dating back to the 60s (I swear I think he has more toys and comic books and stuff than I have ever seen) and a large portion of them are underground comics from the late 60s into the 70s with all kinds of titles from the likes of R. Crumb, Gilbert Shelton and many more. Anything by R. Crumb is a favorite and Gilbert Shelton with his “Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers” and “Fat Freddie’s Cat” are the best. Anyway Freewheeling Franklin, one of the Fab FFB, has a saying “dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope” Now we are not advocating selling dope or anything but the underlying message of this deep thought. Uh.. what was I talking about… we just blazed a fatty and I forget.

Groovy! I think that quote was also mentioned in the book “Inherent Vice” by Thomas Pynchon, which was incorporated into a movie where my Doc and Larry are the main character!

I am a voracious reader, mostly fiction, but I am not familiar with that particular tome although I am familiar with the author. You have me totally intrigued with a movie featuring your Doc and Larry more info please. Also feel free to contribute any Deep Thoughts that you might want to share.

That is why I have Dolls
        "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Going back to the master again. This one seems a little obvious but if you really think about what it says it is pretty deep. Another Deep Thought by Jack Handy.

“I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people. “

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Came across this awesome quote today and it really made me stop and think. It states something so obvious that I have never thought of before.

“You don’t have a soul.

You are a Soul.

You have a body.”

C.S. Lewis

As most religions would have you believe that your soul leaves your body upon death and continues and some would say it will “get” a new body through reincarnation this makes perfect sense.

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Been a while since I came across any inspiring deep thoughts to share however this one came up recently.

Gotta love that Red Forman.

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Hunter S. Thompson crossed my mind today and I got to thinking that he was one to come up with some deep thoughts every now and again. I have read almost everything he wrote and really liked his style of writing and the characters and situations he created are unforgettable. So here is our deep thought for Friday.

“I was not proud of what I had learned but I never doubted that it was worth knowing.”

Hunter S. Thompson

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

I find if I don’t write down cool stuff I see or read my memory is for shit and then I forget the cool thing. Anyway, I wrote this one down but for the life of me now I don’t remember where I saw it.

“Temptation is a woman’s weapon and a man’s excuse”

H.L. Mencken

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

I did some research on H.L. Mencken and found out that he was quite ahead of his time in his attitudes and writings. Quite a few really memorable quotes that qualify as deep thoughts to my thinking.

“The most costly of all follies is to believe passionately in the palpably not true”

H.L. Mencken

That one is kind of a generalization of this more personalized version.

“I am suspicious of all the things that the average people believe”

H.L. Mencken

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 10
      @

‘Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes,
      our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot
      alter the state of facts and evidence.’ ― John Adams

EAT THAT YOU FUCKERS ON TDF hahahhahaha

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

That is a really good one RGC, I have heard it before and it is definitely one to make you think. The truth will set you free.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 10
      @

That is a really good one RGC, I have heard it before and it is definitely one to make you think. The truth will set you free.

Even when multiple sources of facts and evidence are presented and their conclusions are in sync, there will be those who will still disagree. Black is white, etc 🙂

Truth is also very hurtful, sometimes it’s not easy to hear. But it’s best to accept it.

RainKing – ADM
      Participant
      • Posts 104
      @rainking

A though from someone… ”

It matters not what room temperature is, room temperature is just that… room temperature!”

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Good one Rainy, I have been slacking on keeping this post going so thanks for adding something new. I do have a new one though from a great author who is personal favorite.

“During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act”

George Orwell

I feel this one is particularly relevant with the upcoming 2020 presidential elections and the amount of lies and disinformation being put out by members of the left and the “presstitutes” who work for the biased media outlets that don’t want the truth or facts to get in the way of their agenda.

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it”

George Orwell

Damn, another big truth bomb from one of my favorite authors. And another warning not to buy into the lies the so called mainstream media is shoving down our throats. I try to keep an open mind on any subject until I fully understand all sides and then I make up my mind on what to take as the truth.  I think this is what most people do and the ones who don’t are being led down the proverbial “garden path” by those unwilling to see any side but their own. A civil discourse on any subject is required to fully understand it and this seems to be getting harder to achieve lately. Orwell’s “Ministry of Truth” is already here and operating at full speed to undermine our country, so sad.

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

RainKing – ADM
      Participant
      • Posts 104
      @rainking

“Get your facts straight and then distort them at your leisure!” – Mark Twain

I always liked that one.

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

I have another good one from Mark Twain.

“Never argue with stupid people. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Mark Twain.

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Ah yesss, I return with another deep thought to make you thing deeply.

“The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubt while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”

Charles Bukowski

That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

RainKing – ADM
      Participant
      • Posts 104
      @rainking

In the case of that last one Donnie, I can say its because they have no clue. and navigate by dumb luck! (or so it seems.)

Here’s a thought to ponder… could be controversial but I do not care…

“Human beings by nature can not handle or accept true Equality.”

Think about that and I will elaborate later if you want.

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

Isn’t it funny that back in 1965 such a cynical thing could be said by a character in a children’s television show?

“Look, Charlie, let’s face it. We all know that Christmas is a big commercial racket. It’s run by a big Eastern syndicate, you know.” — (Lucy Van Pelt) A Charlie Brown Christmas” (1965)

It is the truth really but seeing this as a kid did not make me dis-believe until  I got older and learned who Santa was. The Peanuts gang holiday specials are to this day some of the best written most timeless classics to ever air on TV and a must watch every year.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

I have another good one from Mark Twain. “Never argue with stupid people. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Mark Twain.

Tell that to Carmen Eaborn, Men’s Program Director of Grant County Rescue Mission (Marion, Indiana)! Basically how it was when he thought that my love for Daphne was “wrong”! Whatever! I left that mofo Thursday (December 5, 2019) and instead of arguing against him… I am proving him wrong. #MGTOW, Carmen!

(BTW, Carmen Eaborn is a dude. So before anyone replies with “she”, referring to Carmen [because Carmen is usually a woman’s name], I thought I’d get that ambiguity out of the way.)

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Isn’t it funny that back in 1965 such a cynical thing could be said by a character in a children’s television show? “Look, Charlie, let’s face it. We all know that Christmas is a big commercial racket. It’s run by a big Eastern syndicate, you know.” — (Lucy Van Pelt) A Charlie Brown Christmas” (1965) It is the truth really but seeing this as a kid did not make me dis-believe until I got older and learned who Santa was. The Peanuts gang holiday specials are to this day some of the best written most timeless classics to ever air on TV and a must watch every year.

NO SHIT!

Why do you think that stores start putting their Christmas merch out as early as late fucking September??? And that Walmart, Target, whatever open as early as 6pm on Thanksgiving Day for “Black Friday?!?!?” That’s not Friday… that’s Thursday evening! Get your terminology straight, Corporate America!!!

/rant

Anywho… Daphne and I are here to remind you that you are not gonna spend Christmas alone. You have your doll. I do, us Dollsbook members do, and if so… why not we have a Discord Christmas Party? We have that Discord server sitting mainly unused… What y’all say to that?

RainKing – ADM
      Participant
      • Posts 104
      @rainking

Saw this one today

photo

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Let me start a slightly different tack here…

Starting with a clip of Small Wonder of Season 1, Episode 2:

Vicki, played by Tiffany Brissette… is the reason why @daphnetilbrook is named Daphne Victoria Tilbrook.

Anyway, something to ponder…

What’s A Google?

A rhetorical question but something to really think about.

How many of you use Google a lot? How many of y’all subconsciously know how much Google pervades and invades every aspect of and into your life, yet you really don’t mind?

Daphne: Tinfoil hats off, please, Dollsbook.

Thank you, sweetie. I’m not gonna go into any conspiracy theories. No. Just some Reddit-style (shameless plug: I’m a Redditor: https://www.reddit.com/u/AlexaTilbrook [NO, I’m NOT changing it]) “TIL” (Today I Learned) “ELI5” (Explain it Like I’m 5 [years old]) TL;DR (Too Long; Didn’t Read) post.

How many times have you asked someone,

Me: Hey, what’s your Gmail?

Them: I don’t have a Gmail… my email is somenewfriend765@example.com.

Or…

Them: Hey, Kevin! What’s your Gmail?

Me: It’s (Hey, USB dick! Jane!)  and you know the rest.

Dayjob Orchestra reference aside (Some of you will see it)… notice how we now ask people for their “Gmail” address? And one of the two responses are elicited. Lots of people have Gmail addresses now, so I guess it’s just something that entered our vocabulary recently and we’ve just are unaware we do it.

And another… When we say that we’re gonna look something up, our mouths spout instead…

Let me Google that shit for ya.

Let that sink in for a sec.

I really don’t want to go into any more depth any more. I had these thoughts (hey. Daphne and I are high! Fuck a fruitbasket!) that seemed to bring on some philosophy I would like to crowdsource with my Dollsbook homies for a good ragchew.

73 Y’all.

Viewing 55 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.