Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

Now I know what every single one of you were thinking when you saw the title of this topic and guess what … you were all wrong HAHAHAHA. Gotcha! this is about me playing with Donny`s toys. He has so many cool radio control boats and cars and trucks and robots and lots of other toys in fact so many one whole room is just toys.

The first photos are our robot MEBO he is controlled from a smart phone, he has an HD camera  a mic and a speaker built in too. Next are a couple of boats, one electric and one gas both wicked fast.

"Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions." unknown

The unofficial Mayor of the Dollyverse always "Making DollsBook Great"

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

More radio control cars, these are 1/8 scale 4wd gas cars and are very fast and a blast to drive.

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

A group shot with all the 1/10 scale cars and trucks and the boats in the background. Formula 1 cars on the floor are all 2wd electric the purple Cuda and the blue NSX are both 4wd gas cars and the Mustang and Trans Am are 4wd electric the orange truck is 2wd electric.

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

This is the toy room, computer room, workshop, lab LOL! One whole wall is all diecast and plastic models. Lots of 1/18 scale movie and tv cars and a whole lot of 1/18 Formula 1 race cars.

Dirk
      Participant
      • Posts 4
      @ontstroke

Nice rack! The one with all the shelves on it of course  🙄

RainKing – ADM
      Participant
      • Posts 104
      @rainking

Oh Donnie, can I come over and play???

Very nice collection there sir. WOW I haven;t seen some of that since I was a kid… Starsky &  Hutch, Gone in 60 Seconds.. the O.G. Elenor!! Nice!!

It’s like a wheres Waldo of all my memories!! I just wished I would have thought to kept up with all my stuff like that.

And those RC cars & boats!! Amazing. I have not seen any that size in person and only boats like those on TV being run.

Thanks for sharing!

RK

masterdollsbook
      • Posts 4
      @masterdollsbook

very nice!

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Another toy that Julia really loves to play with is the driving simulator I built, that is, my Logitech G29 racing wheel setup for the PS4. I took an old restaurant stack chair and built a new back with shelves to hold the steering wheel,  the pedals are on an adjustable shelf mount under it then I added an extension on the side to mount the shifter. After that I used an actual drivers seat from a Mustang and made it so it will easily latch onto the driving platform. When I am done they separate and go back to being 2 chairs. It is as awesome as it looks to drive a three pedal setup with clutch and manually shift gears. Favorite racing games for the PS4 are Assetto Corsa, Project CARS, and of course Gran Turismo. Those are all track based, so far the only open map one I have is Need For Speed Payback and it is pretty cool. Anxiously awaiting the release of the newest Test Drive open map game. Here is the famous synthetic sim racer Julia running an old Ferrari Formula 1 car. Oh the glorious sound of the high winding V-12 in the back of that car. Just look at the total concentration in her eyes as she hurtles around the track.

"A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man" Ulysses Everett McGill
      That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Daphne’s favorite toy?

This:

Baofeng BF-F9V2+.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

That’s an amateur radio handheld transceiver, by the way. It’s sufficient for my needs right now…

But this is my dream rig:

Yaesu FT-991A.

https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-015268

Costs as much as a new doll…

(HRO, by the way, means Ham Radio Outlet.)

Sigh… New doll or new Yaesu rig?

Tracie Marie
      Participant
      • Posts 21
      @TracieMarie

Damn Alexa I had no idea a rig could cost that much. I bet Daphne would love to get one for Christmas. Julia is not the only one around here that likes to play with all of Donny’s toys, he has so many radio control vehicles all over and so many different types. I like the big rig trucks the best they handle just like a real truck and are tricky to drive especially in reverse.

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

That Smokey and the Bandit truck started out as one of the green Movin On trucks. Donny found a place in Europe that prints the vinyls for Tamiya 1/14 scale r/c big rigs and they were able to scale the trailer graphics down to fit the 1/25 scale truck perfectly. A custom decal maker in the U.S. has the set for the truck itself so it all came together after a repaint of the truck and details. We get more compliments on that truck than almost anything else in the collection. The Movin On trucks are vintage 1975 and originally operated at either of 2 forward speeds and could only turn left or right while constantly running. Modern 2.4 ghz 2 channel radio gear and a micro electronic speed control was used to replace the ancient electronics and make a completely realistic handling and driving r/c truck, it will creep along barely moving or go pretty fast with the new setup and is proportionally controlled in steering and throttle so it is very manueverable. Donny has resto-modded 4 of the Movin On trucks and made 2 Smokey trucks. He replaces all the electronics and detail paints the trucks and sells them on E-bay just as a hobby but a profitable one. The Big John transport trucks are like a version 2.0 b/c they have working headlights and a third channel to disconnect the trailer from the transmitter, not bad for 1975 plus they come with 2 trailers the car carrier and the box trailer. The big yellow Peterbuilt truck and trailer is  die cast bodied with working lights also and is pretty rare. All the race cars on the trailer are also r/c Tamiya Tamtech cars and one is going to be converted to a Trans Am to go with the Smokey truck. So many projects and so little time.

We made some little videos of the trucks in operation just for fun.

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

Sold this one so we kinda forgot about it. Anybody remember BJ and the Bear also from the 70s? Donny made a r/c truck out of an even more primitive specimen, a wired truck with the remote tethered to the truck and in 1/32 scale. Found the custom decals from the same source and after a repaint and resto-mod it was done. We still have another donor truck to make one for the collection but again not enough time lately.

This one was really cool and pretty small, really had to stuff in the electronics. Been a while since I watched this one, the black truck in the back is the Rubber Duck from the movie Convoy.

RainKing – ADM
      Participant
      • Posts 104
      @rainking

OH Man that brings back so many memories!! Awesome RC trucks!!

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

You might remember that last week I told about our big TV having problems. Donny is still trying to fix it (waiting on parts) but the wait is killing us so we got an early Christmas present. This is our new TV

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-UN65NU7300-65-NU7300-Curved-Smart-4K-UHD-TV-2018-Model/323280890842?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This thing is awesome compared to our old 2010 model 60 in. Mitsubishi DLP projection TV. The only drawback for now is that the Mitsu was 3D capable and we have a bunch of 3D Blurays so we really do want to fix it. The cool thing about projection TVs is the light engines in them are built with plug in components so if you know what parts are bad, in this case the color wheel, they are user replaceable. About 2 or 3 years ago the DLP chip, made by Texas Instruments,  started to fail and even that was replaceable just like a processor chip on a pc mobo, pretty cool. Got a new bulb in and everything worked great for about 2 minutes until the color wheel heats up and the bearings in the motor that spin it start getting noisy and the picture colors go crazy. Hopefully a new color wheel will fix it and it is not the controller board.

Oneatatime
      Participant
      • Posts 9
      @Oneatatime

Hey I’m figuring where things are finally!   That hot pink outfit on Julia is outstanding and shows off her sexy body!  And yes I was thinking of different toys 😉

Cheers

(Mod) Don Keydick
      • Posts 179
      @DKeydick

Hey I’m figuring where things are finally! That hot pink outfit on Julia is outstanding and shows off her sexy body! And yes I was thinking of different toys 😉 Cheers

I hope you are not too disappointed. LOL! I am sure that eventually we will see many other kinds of toys here but for now it is me just showing off part of my massive collection. BTW Julia says thank you for the compliment. One thing I have learned for certain is that having never been married I never had to get rid of any of my toys to please a wifey so the collection just kept getting bigger and bigger. When we moved into our new place I had to dismantle the massive N-scale model railroad I had built into the back end of the kitchen. I had so much fun building and running it. At least I did take lots of photos and shot a couple of short videos of trains running that I want to share. The way I constructed it let me take it down into 3 main parts with all the track and trestles mostly still attached so that one day it would be possible to set up again.

"A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man" Ulysses Everett McGill
      That is why I have Dolls
      "Making DollsBook Great"

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 93
      @

Not really a toy, but is for RGC. and LuAnne is playing along. A little free advertising scheme is on LuAnne, can you spot it? Pic is grainy, but I’m just practicing. So we can get T-shirts without getting T-shirts if ya know what I mean LOL. Lots of tinkering to get it looking more in place, but it’s an idea for promoting dollsbook…   Tattoo You!

(Mayor) Julia Jameson
      • Posts 213
      @DonKeydick

You are our resident expert (in training) on all things graphically related it seems. Keep working on it and I saw the t-shirt too, that is way cool.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.