Register Forums Bug Reports- Tech Help Uploading Profile Pic

2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Anonymous 5 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Only when I try to upload a too large of an image for my profile does the page display the minimum size of pixs needed. Then when I try to upload a too large of a file, the error msg simply states pretty much the same thing. Recommend displaying the size parameters in the initial “Change Image” screen, and please use file size rather than pix size so the average idiot like myself can scale an image in one or two tries. Also, since I’m not feeling well (so am in a bitchy mood), the place where I “crop” my uploaded picture is square, but the actual used border is round. Please make them both the same, so the User can center their image correctly.
      I think {{sneeze, sneeze}} I’m going back to bed now.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Hi Danny,

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Thanks for the input. I will attempt to put this info in the page. A lot of buddypress is kinda without handlebars… so we squash bugs as they arise.

I can definitely feel your pain on the “lack of documentation” or size requirements… Will do our best to sort it out

Eva

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Danny, it would appear that the best rule of thumb for profile pics are up to 400 x 400  Mine was originally 350 x 339 px.

Unfortunately It does not look like (at this time)  we can edit and add this info in the said page due to the hard coding. We will investigate this and see if it can be added.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.