What Part of Texas Are YOU From?

16 replies, 6 voices Last updated by Anonymous 4 years ago
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 22
      @

Hello, everyone!  I saw that there were no topics so far in this thread, so I thought I would be the first to get this party started in here!  I am so excited to see that there is a forum just for us Texans!  So, what part of Texas are you and your doll from?  I am from the DFW Metroplex area.  I’ve lived here my whole life, primarily in the Mid-Cities area.  Definitely Texas-born AND raised!  So, how about you?  Native Texan?  Born here?  Born somewhere else and got here as quick as you could, LOL?  Let’s discuss!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Well, I consider myself a “Texas Transplant.” I ain’t a native Texan, but I do consider myself proud to be one now. Five years ago, if you asked me about Whataburger, I’d stare at you funnily and ask, “What is a Whataburger?” Now it’s the only burger I like. Red Robin is good, too, but only on special occasions.

I live in the DFW Metroplex myself in White Settlement, but I was actually born in Pensacola, FL. My family (dad actually) was military (Navy), so you can guess how having to change addresses every 2 years can be… After I was born, my family moved to New Orleans. I was only 6 weeks old at the time, and then moved back to Pensacola when I was about to start kindergarten. I moved to Virginia Beach (Oh no, you can’t say F*** You on Atlantic Avenue–Really! $250 fine if VBPD catches you cussin’ in the Resort District [Rudee Inlet to 40th Street S-N; Birdneck Rd to the Atlantic Ocean W-E]), and was there for about 30 years. I then moved to Muncie, Indiana (Whatafailure [sorry, couldn’t resist putting in a Whataburger pun… they don’t have Whataburger in Indiana! Steak & Shake?! Whatever!] that was), then out of a whim, took an “extended vacation” to Atascadero, California. I thought that a West Coast experience would change my perspective. Was I wrong. I moved back to Muncie a year later. I then met @meso thanks to him posting on TDF an ad for a room for doll owners for rent in his house… and I’ve been a Texan since.

Whataburger better than any other burger joint out there, and hush your mouth if you say anything to the contrary!

And thanks @docsgirl82 for starting this thread! Now that leaves @chaosninja7 and @meso to put their Whataburger where their Dollsbook is and exude Texan pride!

(And Blue Bell ice cream and Dr Pepper too!)

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Made a quick video of that… thanks to FM99 WNOR (https://fm99.com/rumble/) when it was “Tommy and Rumble”…

Makes me feel proud to be a Texan.

Luckily @meso introduced me to The Ticket (1310 AM/96.7 FM) the first day I arrived. I loved the way it sounded exactly like Tommy and Rumble. Now I can say that I am a true blue “P1”.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 172
      @

Well, If it Counts, Rainy and I live just next door in Louisiana.

How Ya’ll Are?? So glad you could see me.

Anonymous
        Inactive
        • Posts 136
        @

Well, If it Counts, Rainy and I live just next door in Louisiana. How Ya’ll Are?? So glad you could see me.

To me and Daphne, it does!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 22
      @

It counts, Rain and Eva!  Alexa, thank you so much for sharing your story!  Man, the rest of the country has no idea how awesome Whataburger is!  Their loss!  Haha!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 1
      @

I am Waco, Tx.

Anonymous
        Inactive
        • Posts 22
        @

That is awesome!  I have a half brother who lives there.  I also had other family who live near there on the Brazos River.  Glad to have you here, Yuki!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Well, @docsgirl82… I live closer to @rainking and @dbevadmin now… I live right near the I-20/I-49 interchange… S’port. (Figure it out yourselves. 😝) But the area us five (me, Daphne @daphnetilbrook, Tiffany @tiffholland, RainKing and Eva) live in is called the Ark-La-Tex! I think I should rename this group if it’s alright with Yuki @chaosninja7

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 22
      @

Oh wow!  That is quite a move!  I thought you were still going to be staying close to where you had lived.  I do hope that you like the new place though!  I’m cool about changing the name of the group to Ark-La-Tex.

Anonymous
        Inactive
        • Posts 136
        @

Oh wow! That is quite a move! I thought you were still going to be staying close to where you had lived. I do hope that you like the new place though! I’m cool about changing the name of the group to Ark-La-Tex.

It was quite a move! Luckily @meso helped me out with the initial move to LA (Louisiana, not Los Angeles), I originally intended to be closer to @dbevadmin for Dollsbook-related stuff… but the place I was staying at was pretty much out of my price range.

When panic nearly settled in, @daphnetilbrook and @rainking told me that panicking will not solve the imminent homelessness that would be upcoming if I didn’t act and fast.

Getting nearly fed up, Daphne told me “Alexa, if you’re craving Subway, go and get it. But use some of that time while getting your sandwich, and please make it last for more than one meal, to maybe find a free classified and find somewhere to live ASAP.”

Glad I did. I picked up the paper, saw an ad for affordable housing (in the city, not anywhere in RainKing’s rural area, though), and both @meso and @rainking both told me to seek it out, but to do my homework to make sure the place is for real, and they’ll do some footwork themselves to make sure I’m not being gypped. And they would loan me money (which I have to pay back… I already paid RainKing back 100%, but I still owe Meso… he broke his payments into fours… and I appreciate it with a HUGE 73!) to get my place secured and any deposits for utilities, if applicable.

And it also turned into a huge awesome doll meet… impromptu, nonetheless! Daphne got to meet Ezeri! She never thought that elves existed on planet Earth! And RainKing made some super-bomb-dot-com-awesome chicken and rice one-dish meal in the oven and it was well, awesome.

And I also have to thank RainKing for helping me move, giving me @tiffholland (FKA Soul) for peanuts, and for being a friend in the real sense of the definition.

And do I love the place? Yes, I do! My “roommates,” as I like to jest, are made of TPE, plastic or fiberglass. And I wouldn’t want it any other way. Which is the truth!

I’ll change the group’s name if Yuki @chaosninja7 doesn’t object to it. He created it and he has the right to say no. I’m an admin, yes, but that’s abusing my administrative privilege if I change it outright without his blessing, so to speak.

Alix
      Participant
      • Posts 2
      @fifa

H town . Agalmatophile here

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 136
      @

Well… IDK if I still want (or can be) a part of this group any more…

The reason? I live nowhere in the Ark-La-Tex anymore. I live in Indiana now. Muncie… my hometown.

My call sign has been updated to a more “localized” call: W9JYD.

But all my doll homies (even Daphne @daphnetilbrook herself) have Texas as our home in our hearts (Daphne is a native Texan BTW). I still think highly of @dbevadmin, @rainking, @meso, @chaosninja7 and @docsgirl82… even though I’m in America’s Heartland… the Midwest.

I think I might start an “East Central Indiana Doll Owners'” Dollsbook group…

But Dollsbook is awesome. Let’s keep it that way.

73 de W9JYD

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Posts 22
      @

You are always welcome to claim yourself as a Texan as you did live here for a while.  🙂  You can take the person out of Texas, but you can’t take the Texas out of the person, if that makes any sense.  🙂

Kainxxx2000WIFE
      Participant
      • Posts 1
      @kainxxx2000WIFE

When Amber arrives she’ll be with us in the Beaumont area of Texas. We live in Orange, Texas.

Anonymous
        Inactive
        • Posts 22
        @

Well that is awesome!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.