Texans only in this group.

What Part of Texas Are YOU From?

5 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  Alex 1 month, 2 weeks ago
  • Author

Alex
    Participant
    • Posts 18
    @Docsgirl82

Hello, everyone!  I saw that there were no topics so far in this thread, so I thought I would be the first to get this party started in here!  I am so excited to see that there is a forum just for us Texans!  So, what part of Texas are you and your doll from?  I am from the DFW Metroplex area.  I’ve lived here my whole life, primarily in the Mid-Cities area.  Definitely Texas-born AND raised!  So, how about you?  Native Texan?  Born here?  Born somewhere else and got here as quick as you could, LOL?  Let’s discuss!

Keep it groovy!

Alexa Tilbrook KI5JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 119
    @ki5jyd

Well, I consider myself a “Texas Transplant.” I ain’t a native Texan, but I do consider myself proud to be one now. Five years ago, if you asked me about Whataburger, I’d stare at you funnily and ask, “What is a Whataburger?” Now it’s the only burger I like. Red Robin is good, too, but only on special occasions.

I live in the DFW Metroplex myself in White Settlement, but I was actually born in Pensacola, FL. My family (dad actually) was military (Navy), so you can guess how having to change addresses every 2 years can be… After I was born, my family moved to New Orleans. I was only 6 weeks old at the time, and then moved back to Pensacola when I was about to start kindergarten. I moved to Virginia Beach (Oh no, you can’t say F*** You on Atlantic Avenue–Really! $250 fine if VBPD catches you cussin’ in the Resort District [Rudee Inlet to 40th Street S-N; Birdneck Rd to the Atlantic Ocean W-E]), and was there for about 30 years. I then moved to Muncie, Indiana (Whatafailure [sorry, couldn’t resist putting in a Whataburger pun… they don’t have Whataburger in Indiana! Steak & Shake?! Whatever!] that was), then out of a whim, took an “extended vacation” to Atascadero, California. I thought that a West Coast experience would change my perspective. Was I wrong. I moved back to Muncie a year later. I then met @meso thanks to him posting on TDF an ad for a room for doll owners for rent in his house… and I’ve been a Texan since.

Whataburger better than any other burger joint out there, and hush your mouth if you say anything to the contrary!

And thanks @docsgirl82 for starting this thread! Now that leaves @chaosninja7 and @meso to put their Whataburger where their Dollsbook is and exude Texan pride!

(And Blue Bell ice cream and Dr Pepper too!)

sudo apt-get -y install Daphne
    The one who has the only known JY Doll who is addicted to Whataburger

Alexa Tilbrook KI5JYD
    Keymaster
    • Posts 119
    @ki5jyd

Made a quick video of that… thanks to FM99 WNOR (https://fm99.com/rumble/) when it was “Tommy and Rumble”…

Makes me feel proud to be a Texan.

Luckily @meso introduced me to The Ticket (1310 AM/96.7 FM) the first day I arrived. I loved the way it sounded exactly like Tommy and Rumble. Now I can say that I am a true blue “P1”.

Eva L’Fleur
    Keymaster
    • Posts 161
    @dbevadmin

Well, If it Counts, Rainy and I live just next door in Louisiana.

How Ya’ll Are?? So glad you could see me.

Alexa Tilbrook KI5JYD
      Keymaster
      • Posts 119
      @ki5jyd

Well, If it Counts, Rainy and I live just next door in Louisiana. How Ya’ll Are?? So glad you could see me.

To me and Daphne, it does!

Alex
    Participant
    • Posts 18
    @Docsgirl82

It counts, Rain and Eva!  Alexa, thank you so much for sharing your story!  Man, the rest of the country has no idea how awesome Whataburger is!  Their loss!  Haha!

Keep it groovy!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.